Poll: Who ends up with a better record 2016?
Bengals
Browns
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle of Ohio
Of course I voted Bengals. It would be a shame if on this Bengals site if everybody had said Browns.....I'm only looking at the Jets game myself. Would love to start season with a win.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 11:30 PM)Gohards Wrote: Browns: trending up
Bengals: trending down

With the acquisition of the elite RGIII, and Hugh Jackson, the Browns are trending up. Also, Gordon will be back soon. Potentially lethal.

With the departure of the elite wrs Sanu and Jones, the WR corp looks rough. Reggie nelson departure will make the defense go to 31st in the league, and Andy Dalton will be doomed without Hugh Jackson (like hes never had a new OC before)

My vote goes to the Browns.

This is a joke, right? RGIII has not been "elite" for a long time now. Hue Jackson, while I like and respect him, never seems to be able to stick to a game plan and goes away from it too soon when things don't work right away. I think he will be under so much self imposed pressure to make sure he doesn't get "Oaklanded" again, when they get behind I think his game planning goes to shit. Sanu and Jones have never been "elite", they were not even #1 receivers here. Reggie leaving hurts, but no way the defense drops that dramatically.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 08:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This is a joke, right? RGIII has not been "elite" for a long time now. Hue Jackson, while I like and respect him, never seems to be able to stick to a game plan and goes away from it too soon when things don't work right away. I think he will be under so much self imposed pressure to make sure he doesn't get "Oaklanded" again, when they get behind I think his game planning goes to shit. Sanu and Jones have never been "elite", they were not even #1 receivers here. Reggie leaving hurts, but no way the defense drops that dramatically.

He forgot the sarcasm emoticon. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They are better then they were last season, but they are one Joe Haden injury away from being the same team as last year. I don't think RG3 makes them any better.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 03:54 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, my good friend is a Brown's fan. He says the Browns are better than the Bengals this year. We can all dream.

Can I buy drugs from your friend?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
He isn't selling them he's doing them apparently.  LMAO
Reply/Quote
I don't think the Browns end up with a better record than the Bengals, but I also don't think they are going to be their normal pushover selves.

Hue is going to instill discipline and have the team playing better, that is a definite. If he can get any kind of a resurgence out of RGIII, that offense could be pretty good. Pryor looks better and better at receiver, Gordon is coming back, Barnidge is a very good tight end, and Coleman looked like a stud coming out of college. It is not going to be two walks in the park this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 10:32 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: He isn't selling them he's doing them apparently.  LMAO

Along with the whoever voted for the Browns in the poll.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 02:17 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Hmmm the rest of the football world would make you think there isn't anything lower than a wildcard loss. You sure we have room to go down? Ninja

[Image: 9fcb5e48fa46966ccb183159605b57aea923a633...fdbe24.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

With the acquisition of the elite RGIII, and Hugh Jackson, the Browns are trending up. Also, Gordon will be back soon. Potentially lethal.

With the departure of the elite wrs Sanu and Jones, the WR corp looks rough. Reggie nelson departure will make the defense go to 31st in the league, and Andy Dalton will be doomed without Hugh Jackson (like hes never had a new OC before)

RGIII was elite in college, but not since that time. Had one good year out of 4 in the NFL.

We hear the same hype about the Browns every two years, which is their average interval for new GM, Coach and QB. They start off playing a little better, then there's front office scuffles and player misbehavior and coach frustration and poof, there goes that coaching staff, QB and GM to the wind. Restart with new hype about change. They'll have to go a 3rd year with Hue and the same QB before I'll believe they've changed anything at all.

Reply/Quote
This is the first time I honestly think they will actually turn it around has anyone seen the rg3 to Pryor connection they've looked GOOD against starting corners mind you add into that Gordon and Coleman the offense could let me say that again COULD be in the top 15 but defense will be in the top 5 so record will be horrible
Reply/Quote
Cleveland gets 6-7 wins this year.
We could always goof one to them, but not really likely.
We should finish with double digit wins, regardless of circumstance.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Some day the Browns will have that sort of moment we had when we went from 2010 to 2011 and no one believed we'd be any good...er, right? Perhaps not.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 01:03 PM)Jpoore Wrote: This is the first time I honestly think they will actually turn it around has anyone seen the rg3 to Pryor connection they've looked GOOD against starting corners mind you add into that Gordon and Coleman the offense could let me say that again COULD be in the top 15 but defense will be in the top 5 so record will be horrible

Don't forget Gary Barnidge or however it's spelled. I think Duke Johnson emerges this season as well....

I agree with Rotobeast. If they get a couple bounces, they win 7 games this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 03:54 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, my good friend is a Brown's fan. He says the Browns are better than the Bengals this year. We can all dream.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/06/22/cleveland-browns-leeching-on-cavaliers-championship-in-dire-need-of-reality-check/

This is your friend and basically every other Browns fans problem right now. Literally a zero percent chance the Browns end with a better record than the bengals.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 08:10 PM)jason Wrote: Don't forget Gary Barnidge or however it's spelled. I think Duke Johnson emerges this season as well....

I agree with Rotobeast. If they get a couple bounces, they win 7 games this year.

Never forget an x Louisville Cardinal player. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

I'm not sure you understand what the word elite means
Reply/Quote
Better than bengals no better than ravens yes
Reply/Quote
Is this a troll thread? What kind of question is this??
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 08:10 PM)jason Wrote: Don't forget Gary Barnidge or however it's spelled. I think Duke Johnson emerges this season as well....

I agree with you on Johnson.
I'd have Crowell on the market, along with McCown.
Should be able to get a decent O-lineman, for the pair.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote