Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle of the DTS
So everyone has Micheal hall as a top 10-20ish prospect coming into the year, and while he’s been pretty good, but man Tyliek Williams FLASHES every time I watch him. He was 360 when he arrives but is now playing at between 320-330 at 6”2 with a 1.62 10 yard split. He’s in the backfield all the damn time. He seems to be a penetrator, something we desperately need. He’s also stout vs both run and pass. Most passes deflected amongst all P5 lineman as well.

What say you?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 01:14 AM)Jpoore Wrote: So everyone has Micheal hall as a top 10-20ish prospect coming into the year, and while he’s been pretty good, but man Tyliek Williams FLASHES every time I watch him. He was 360 when he arrives but is now playing at between 320-330 at 6”2 with a 1.62 10 yard split. He’s in the backfield all the damn time.  He seems to be a penetrator, something we desperately need. He’s also stout vs both run and pass. Most passes deflected amongst all P5 lineman as well.

What say you?

Michael Hall has fell off since then Tyliek Williams has a little to but not as much. Right now Hall is at about 52 consensus and Williams is around 60. 

Alot of good Defensive Tackles this year and not just NT or Undertackles but both. Guys like Jer'Zhan Newton earlier then Leonard Taylor, Ruke Orhorhoro, Kris Jenkins, Maason Smith. Then the nose tackles like T'vondre Sweat, Jackson McKinnley. Dontae Corleone, Nazir Stackhouse.

It's a great year to stock up on trench players both offense and defense. Wouldn't surprise me if it's Offensive Tackle round 1 then Defensive Tackle round 2.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is this discussion only supposed to be about the two Ohio St DTs?
What about other DTs that are Rd 1-3 prospects currently?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 11:48 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Is this discussion only supposed to be about the two Ohio St DTs?

Jer'Zhan "Johnny" Newton is having another good season on a mediocre Illinois team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I know Ohio State fans don't wanna hear this but one matchup I want to see is Kris Jenkins vs Sedrick Van Pran.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 01:52 PM)Synric Wrote: I know Ohio State fans don't wanna hear this but one matchup I want to see is Kris Jenkins vs Sedrick Van Pran.

Don't tell me his son is already close to playing in the league... man, time flies a ton.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 06:28 AM)Synric Wrote: Michael Hall has fell off since then Tyliek Williams has a little to but not as much. Right now Hall is at about 52 consensus and Williams is around 60. 

Alot of good Defensive Tackles this year and not just NT or Undertackles but both. Guys like Jer'Zhan Newton earlier then Leonard Taylor, Ruke Orhorhoro, Kris Jenkins, Maason Smith. Then the nose tackles like T'vondre Sweat, Jackson McKinnley. Dontae Corleone, Nazir Stackhouse.

It's a great year to stock up on trench players both offense and defense. Wouldn't surprise me if it's Offensive Tackle round 1 then Defensive Tackle round 2.
Jonah may **** around and get a contract…. Been balling this year. I LOVE me some newton just think he goes top 15. But shit give me newton rd1 sweat rd3. Van pran rd2 I’m not a fan of the tackles this year but IOL and IDL yes.
(10-31-2023, 11:48 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Is this discussion only supposed to be about the two Ohio St DTs?
Was just talking about the osu dts… just something I was noticing. But others? I love me sweat and newton.
(10-31-2023, 01:52 PM)Synric Wrote: I know Ohio State fans don't wanna hear this but one matchup I want to see is Kris Jenkins vs Sedrick Van Pran.

I want van pran rd2
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 12:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Jer'Zhan "Johnny" Newton is having another good season on a mediocre Illinois team.

Pretty sure he won't be there when we pick but I love this guy.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 04:55 PM)3wt Wrote: Pretty sure he won't be there when we pick but I love this guy.

Yeah. He, DeJean, and Bowers are the guys that would make me scramble and go another direction from RT/WR. 

I mean, look at the other "high value" spots: 
1) QB: Burrow 
2) WR1: Chase. 
3) LT: Brown 
4) DE: Hendrickson + Hubbard. We just drafted Murphy #1. And Sample & Ossai both signed next year. 
5) CB: CTB is balling. Turner has looked pretty good. Hilton signed for 2024. 
6) WR2-3: No way we let Tee AND Boyd walk. One will be back. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 05:04 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yeah. He, DeJean, and Bowers are the guys that would make me scramble and go another direction from RT/WR. 

I mean, look at the other "high value" spots: 
1) QB: Burrow 
2) WR1: Chase. 
3) LT: Brown 
4) DE: Hendrickson + Hubbard. We just drafted Murphy #1. And Sample & Ossai both signed next year. 
5) CB: CTB is balling. Turner has looked pretty good. Hilton signed for 2024. 
6) WR2-3: No way we let Tee AND Boyd walk. One will be back. 

I feel it's gotta be RT or WR if Higgins and Williams leave, as those will be the most expensive positions to address in FA.
TE I would love but I dunno if there's a TE right now worthy of a mid-late 1st unless Bowers fell. If he fell though, I'd be rushing up to make that pick, like you said.
DT probably makes the most sense otherwise, but maybe RB too if they can get a stud. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
University of Cincinnati DT Corleone just decided to come back for another year, so we can scratch him off this year's board. ??
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 05:09 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: University of Cincinnati DT Corleone just decided to come back for another year, so we can scratch him off this year's board. ??

Damn, really wanted Corleone, might have to wait for another year for a shot at him.

I like Tyleik Williams a ton in this Draft. He can do it all, we need a NT and a 3-tech, he could actually provide both in one pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 07:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn, really wanted Corleone, might have to wait for another year for a shot at him.

I like Tyleik Williams a ton in this Draft. He can do it all, we need a NT and a 3-tech, he could actually provide both in one pick.

Same!

I’ve been impressed with Tyleik the few times I’ve watched him. He’s always very active. If he’s as versatile as you mentioned he sounds like exactly what we need.
Reply/Quote