Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefield 5 preorders down
Battlefield 5 is sinking hard right now in preorder sales.

According to a CNBC article and other sources, it is like over 80% short of what Call of Duty BO4 is getting.

There has been quite a bit of backlash to the game since its very lackluster reveal in what it will be. Part of that backlash is because of the push they did to include women into the game, having a woman protagonist in half of the trailer for it and a woman on the regular game cover. Go onto youtube, and it wont take long to find vids on this.

But then to make matters worse, the same EA execs that decided that basically told the naysayers to 'either accept it or dont buy the game'. There are a ton more vids but this one covers this part of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iciie0MexSM

So other than the SJW aspect of the game, it is also being released in October, sandwiched in between Red Dead Redemption 2 and CoD BO4. RDR2 will be the biggest and probably best game of the year, and CoD has gotten a ton of positivity around it for the first time in many years, as Black Ops is extremely popular. I know if I only had $60 bucks to spend on one of these 3 games, it probably will go to RDR first, then CoD.

Thirdly it was very poorly marketed for being a Battlefield game of the main series. It was poorly displayed at E3 this summer, almost as an afterthought, and then afterwards.

Fourthly, and I forgot to add this, maybe it's part of a general backlash to EA. I know I am pretty much done with EA, including my once beloved FIFA games. This will be the first year I wont buy FIFA in a long time because they should just rename it FUT instead because all they care about is selling points for packs which is their moneymaker.

Anyways if anyone is going to get Battlefield 5, I would hold off until Christmas or afterwards when the price will surely plummet to get players on their servers.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If people are really pushing against the game because of a female character that is pretty pathetic, if pretty much par for the course for gamer culture.

I'd certainly chalk it up to EA/Microtransaction fatigue as well. And fatigue of the entire CoD/Battlefield genre. CoD made a good choice a few years back by splitting into 2 (three?) separate "sub-franchises" with different developers. 

Last one of these games I picked up was infinite warfare when it was on sale for 20 bucks. Still get hooked into the multiplayer I'll confess.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 12:19 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: If people are really pushing against the game because of a female character that is pretty pathetic, if pretty much par for the course for gamer culture.

I'd certainly chalk it up to EA/Microtransaction fatigue as well. And fatigue of the entire CoD/Battlefield genre. CoD made a good choice a few years back by splitting into 2 (three?) separate "sub-franchises" with different developers. 

Last one of these games I picked up was infinite warfare when it was on sale for 20 bucks. Still get hooked into the multiplayer I'll confess.

Gamers like girl characters in games though as much as dude characters, so it isnt that. Games like Tomb Raiders and Zero Horizon Dawn were huge sellers. They just arent fans of it being a sjw act which it was, and then how the high up devs pretty much said 'to accept it or dont buy it'. Not a good strategy. I dont really care myself because I wont be buying it anyways, at least until the price drops.

Good news though is the EA/Dice guy that pushed for the girl in BF5 left them. He was pretty high up, millionaire exec. But from what I heard he is also one of the ones that pushed a lot of the microtransactions in games like FIFA, Madden, Battlefront 2 (which was a disaster at launch due to them) and others which made them billions. Though the problem was that in doing so the quality of those games plummeted to where Madden and FIFA just arent as good as they should be with all that extra money they got from those buying packs for MUT and FUT.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 12:19 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: If people are really pushing against the game because of a female character that is pretty pathetic, if pretty much par for the course for gamer culture.

Well I'm not preordering BF5 or COD4  but am getting Fallout 76...   I don't play cod for multiplayer and it never goes on sale enough for just single player for me anymore.    BF5  battlefields are great games but I don't have the time to just play multiplayer.  (I know fallout 76 is multiplayer but its fallout and that trumps these other 2 franchises for me...)

And then you have Red Dead 2... I know they are different types of games.. But Fallout and Red Dead probly have a bigger demand than games that come out every single year over and over and don't change much.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 01:39 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Gamers like girl characters in games though as much as dude characters, so it isnt that. Games like Tomb Raiders and Zero Horizon Dawn were huge sellers. They just arent fans of it being a sjw act which it was, and then how the high up devs pretty much said 'to accept it or dont buy it'. Not a good strategy. I dont really care myself because I wont be buying it anyways, at least until the price drops.

Good news though is the EA/Dice guy that pushed for the girl in BF5 left them. He was pretty high up, millionaire exec. But from what I heard he is also one of the ones that pushed a lot of the microtransactions in games like FIFA, Madden, Battlefront 2 (which was a disaster at launch due to them) and others which made them billions. Though the problem was that in doing so the quality of those games plummeted to where Madden and FIFA just arent as good as they should be with all that extra money they got from those buying packs for MUT and FUT.

now I understand accept it or don't buy it might not be the best thing for sales... But as a gamer if its a game I want I love to hear them not caving to the whining gamers out there... who want to make every game the same.    Let them build the game they want.  If you don't like u don't have to buy it the market is full of games to play so skipping a title you don't like for a franchise you do  isn't the worst thing in the world.

Gamers are starting to act entitled to getting the game they want instead of the game they developers wanna make.   (not every game is gonna fit everyones taste so get the ones you want  forget about the rest lol)
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 01:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: now I understand accept it or don't buy it might not be the best thing for sales... But as a gamer if its a game I want I love to hear them not caving to the whining gamers out there... who want to make every game the same.    Let them build the game they want.  If you don't like u don't have to buy it the market is full of games to play so skipping a title you don't like for a franchise you do  isn't the worst thing in the world.

Gamers are starting to act entitled to getting the game they want instead of the game they developers wanna make.   (not every game is gonna fit everyones taste so get the ones you want  forget about the rest lol)

That's where EA really ****** up here. It was in their response. There is probably a very insignificant amount of people that actually care that they went with a woman character. However, the portion of snowflake gamers that felt threatened by a woman invading their safe space of the FPS genrer and want to cry "z0mg SJWs" are given the mother of all megaphones through the internet and Reddit.

If EA had simply not acknowledged their bullshit and made and released the game, it might have sold a little worse than usual, but the majority of gamers are attracted by solid gameplay and the like. But when the company comes out and says "we don't care what you think" it sends a bad message to everyone. Granted, it's the appropriate response to this specific "criticism" but they needed to be more tactful.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 01:52 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: That's where EA really ****** up here. It was in their response. There is probably a very insignificant amount of people that actually care that they went with a woman character. However, the portion of snowflake gamers that felt threatened by a woman invading their safe space of the FPS genrer and want to cry "z0mg SJWs" are given the mother of all megaphones through the internet and Reddit.

If EA had simply not acknowledged their bullshit and made and released the game, it might have sold a little worse than usual, but the majority of gamers are attracted by solid gameplay and the like. But when the company comes out and says "we don't care what you think" it sends a bad message to everyone. Granted, it's the appropriate response to this specific "criticism" but they needed to be more tactful.

EA caved on ME3 id be happy to not see them cave anymore..  once you start given into those type of things it never ends and the game ends up being something it was never ment to be...

Its the changing of the times there are more girl gamers now than ever and game companies are trying to make sure they have an option to play as a female if it fits.      (new assassins creed is the first time you can pick the main characters as a girl or boy)   Funny enough I know guys that wont play games if they cant be a girl.. (I guess to look at digital butts)  but its a very sad reason to miss out on great games.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 01:52 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: That's where EA really ****** up here. It was in their response. There is probably a very insignificant amount of people that actually care that they went with a woman character. However, the portion of snowflake gamers that felt threatened by a woman invading their safe space of the FPS genrer and want to cry "z0mg SJWs" are given the mother of all megaphones through the internet and Reddit.

For me it does depend on how they implement female characters/models in the multiplayer modes. If it something where it is a female Russian sniper, which they did have back then, then cool, no one could gripe about that because that did happen.

But if I am on the Allied side storming the beaches of Normandy, and there are female soldiers around running and gunning or whatnot, I will just shake my head at that because thats nothing but a pure politicized decision to implement that. And at that point it would take away from playing a 'historical' WW2 game so to speak. It wouldnt be any different than adding female football players into Madden which is the best analogy I can think of.

What they should have done was do a single player campaign centered around a female Russian sniper. Then during multiplayer, have random female Russian snipers pop up and leave it at that. They get their 'female-inclusion' and gamers get their 'historical accurate' game. Otherwise just scrap it all together and do an alternative Battlefield WW2 game like in Wolfenstein where the Nazis invade the U.S., and anyone can fight so to speak.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 03:26 PM)Millhouse Wrote: For me it does depend on how they implement female characters/models in the multiplayer modes. If it something where it is a female Russian sniper, which they did have back then, then cool, no one could gripe about that because that did happen.

But if I am on the Allied side storming the beaches of Normandy, and there are female soldiers around running and gunning or whatnot, I will just shake my head at that because thats nothing but a pure politicized decision to implement that. And at that point it would take away from playing a 'historical' WW2 game so to speak. It wouldnt be any different than adding female football players into Madden which is the best analogy I can think of.

What they should have done was do a single player campaign centered around a female Russian sniper. Then during multiplayer, have random female Russian snipers pop up and leave it at that. They get their 'female-inclusion' and gamers get their 'historical accurate' game. Otherwise just scrap it all together and do an alternative Battlefield WW2 game like in Wolfenstein where the Nazis invade the U.S., and anyone can fight so to speak.

yep that's the rub... I believe its a female French resistance fighter....  And will have some campaign missions for her.   But in multiplayer it shouldn't really matter... You don't have time to notice if your shooting a guy or a girl lol...   

Just remember 90% of people playing female characters online are dudes.

Love games like wolfenstien... where they can do what they want cause they are creating their own reality..
Reply/Quote
[Image: DlGF-O3UUAAyR_s.jpg]

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 07:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: DlGF-O3UUAAyR_s.jpg]

Ninja

lol now if klinger was a playable character I would preorder it....
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 07:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: DlGF-O3UUAAyR_s.jpg]

Ninja

This will be the first DLC 

Ninja

Reply/Quote
keep hearing certain things wont make Battlefield 5 by launch time... I think they might be better off if they push it back and out of the middle of Red Dead 2 Cod Something and Fallout 76....

and give it a black Friday release or push till right after christmas
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 11:13 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: keep hearing certain things wont make Battlefield 5 by launch time...  I think they might be better off if they push it back and out of the middle of Red Dead 2 Cod Something and Fallout 76....

and give it a black Friday release or push till right after christmas

I dont know when I will get it. RD2 is at the top of my list, then I might consider CoD BO4 depending on user reviews and what I see on twitch. I probably will get Fallout 76 at some point, but really depends on reviews, server stability, etc.

I recently got back into Battlefield 1 after buying season pass for 8 dollars for all dlcs. It still has its issues for me, but they are pushing Battlefield 5 in  it pretty good. Like preorder here for 10% off being advertised, and then also things set up for the 'Road to BF5' like accomplishments for rewards.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 01:09 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I dont know when I will get it. RD2 is at the top of my list, then I might consider CoD BO4 depending on user reviews and what I see on twitch. I probably will get Fallout 76 at some point, but really depends on reviews, server stability, etc.

I recently got back into Battlefield 1 after buying season pass for 8 dollars for all dlcs. It still has its issues for me, but they are pushing Battlefield 5 in  it pretty good. Like preorder here for 10% off being advertised, and then also things set up for the 'Road to BF5' like accomplishments for rewards.

just grabbed battlefield 1 with all dlc so ill be checking it out before too long.
Reply/Quote
BF5 open beta starts today.

Going to check it out soon here, but have a feeling it will be a slightly better version of BF1 with a chick headlining the title screen.

Reply/Quote
To no ones surprise, BF5 has tanked on release, sales wise. It also has gotten panned in the gaming community as well, as no one really cares about it.

So what went wrong?

- terrible marketing for it, starting at E3 thru release date. I honestly forgot about it
- a SJW agenda pushed in game (whether you care or dont care, it is definitely a factor)
- stupid staggered release dates depending on version bought ie deluxe standard etc.
- it is released too soon after Battlefield 1. Though there are a few improvements overall than BF1, I mean, it is still very close to the same era of warfare before electronics and modern weaponry.

This is yet another low mark on EA/DICE. BF1 was widely regarded as a success, but Battlefront 1 & 2 and now BF5 are not. That's 1 out of their last 4 games to be successful. Ouch.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 01:40 PM)Millhouse Wrote: To no ones surprise, BF5 has tanked on release, sales wise. It also has gotten panned in the gaming community as well, as no one really cares about it.

So what went wrong?

- terrible marketing for it, starting at E3 thru release date. I honestly forgot about it
- a SJW agenda pushed in game (whether you care or dont care, it is definitely a factor)
- stupid staggered release dates depending on version bought ie deluxe standard etc.
- it is released too soon after Battlefield 1. Though there are a few improvements overall than BF1, I mean, it is still very close to the same era of warfare before electronics and modern weaponry.

This is yet another low mark on EA/DICE. BF1 was widely regarded as a success, but Battlefront 1 & 2 and now BF5 are not. That's 1 out of their last 4 games to be successful.  Ouch.

battlefield usually has great game play but yeah all they this is push out of release I doubt helped sales
Reply/Quote