Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bauer signs to avoid arbitration reportedly
Quote:Right-hander Trevor Bauer and the Reds avoided arbitration by settling on a $17.5 million deal on Friday, a source told MLB.com's Mark Feinsand. The club hasn't confirmed the agreement. The value is the second highest to be earned by an arbitration-eligible pitcher in history behind David Price, who earned $19.75 million in 2015.

Bauer's salaries for 2018 and '19 were decided by an arbitration panel, which decided in his favor each time.

If true let's hope he has a great season.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bauer better get his act together this year. He gets too emotional and frustrated. I hope he returns to the form of his better years. The Reds have a decent starting rotation and should be good to go. Still think we need a big signing for the bullpen.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Last year Bauer suffered from "Andy Dalton Syndrome"

He had 17 starts where he pitched at least 6 innings allowing 2 runs or fewer.

He also had 5 starts where he pitched 5 innings or less and allowed 7 or more runs.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Bauer can be a good #3 12-14 game winner. I really don't look for much more than that.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 06:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hopefully Bauer can be a good #3 12-14 game winner. I really don't look for much more than that.

I’m not optimistic about Bauer. I could see him being the worst of the starting 5 pitchers. Let’s hope that he bounces back nicely and proves some of us wrong.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 09:28 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’m not optimistic about Bauer. I could see him being the worst of the starting 5 pitchers. Let’s hope that he bounces back nicely and proves some of us wrong.

Me to

I want to still be watching baseball in August. They finally got to 75 wins now let's get over 90. 2012 seems like so long ago.
Reply/Quote
Last year MLB Network named Sonny Gray as their bounce back pitcher and that forecast was spot on. This year, Bauer was a candidate, and one of their employees selected him. His head was in the wrong place last year. I honestly think he could surprise.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 12:35 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Me to

I want to still be watching baseball in August. They finally got to 75 wins now let's get over 90. 2012 seems like so long ago.

You can watch baseball in August, guessing you mean October and I totally agree. This fanbase is in need of a playoff team.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 01:25 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Last year MLB Network named Sonny Gray as their bounce back pitcher and that forecast was spot on. This year, Bauer was a candidate, and one of their employees selected him. His head was in the wrong place last year. I honestly think he could surprise.

He will really have to get his fly balls under control. He averaged giving up a Homerun for every game that he pitched in last year. Adding more games at Great American is scary. He looked much like Homer Bailey as a Red. I look for Disco to way outpitch him. If Disco can stay healthy, he can be really good. The league could take some of the juice from the ball this year too, that would help a lot!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 02:27 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: He will really have to get his fly balls under control. He averaged giving up a Homerun for every game that he pitched in last year. Adding more games at Great American is scary. He looked much like Homer Bailey as a Red. I look for Disco to way outpitch him. If Disco can stay healthy, he can be really good. The league could take some of the juice from the ball this year too, that would help a lot!

Yup, that's one of theu red flags with Bauer, to many dingers ! And like you say that doesn't bode well for GABP. Whatever he's doing to much of, challenging hitters to much, pitching in, pitching up ? He better quit it fast.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 02:10 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: You can watch baseball in August, guessing you mean October and I totally agree. This fanbase is in need of a playoff team.

Well I mean baseball in mid August when we're not 15-20 games out.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 09:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup, that's one of theu red flags with Bauer, to many dingers ! And like you say that doesn't bode well for GABP. Whatever he's doing to much of, challenging hitters to much, pitching in, pitching up ? He better quit it fast.

I’m not sure what he’s changed or if he’s just a victim of the juiced balls. They have a good coaching staff that hopefully will pinpoint the problem. I hope he’s not the Homer Bailey type, he seems to dance to his own beat.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 09:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Well I mean baseball in mid August when we're not 15-20 games out.

I hear you there! It’s fun looking at the standings daily when your team is near the top.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 02:27 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: He will really have to get his fly balls under control. He averaged giving up a Homerun for every game that he pitched in last year. Adding more games at Great American is scary. He looked much like Homer Bailey as a Red. I look for Disco to way outpitch him. If Disco can stay healthy, he can be really good. The league could take some of the juice from the ball this year too, that would help a lot!

MLB is just too short sighted to do away with juiced balls. If anything I would expect them to juice them even more, maybe even use tennis balls..  or even baseball sized golf balls..and bigger bats with lead in the barrels.. Whatever

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Bauer never showed me much as a top pitcher last year. His trade for Puig seemed like a bust to me. He sorta had that I'm here not because I want to be but take it or it or leave it attitude!
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:16 PM)grampahol Wrote: MLB is just too short sighted to do away with juiced balls. If anything I would expect them to juice them even more, maybe even use tennis balls..  or even baseball sized golf balls..and bigger bats with lead in the barrels.. Whatever

Lol. The short sighted part is true, I’m just hoping that one day they will get that the game itself is much bigger than just the homerun.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 06:59 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Lol. The short sighted part is true, I’m just hoping that one day they will get that the game itself is much bigger than just the homerun.

I wouldn't be too shocked to learn they plan to do away with the outfield altogether and move the fences in to 3 feet from the 2nd and 3rd baselines.. Nervous We'd see hundreds of pitchers hit 50 HRs a season if they don't go entirely to the DH.. Nothing shocks me with those idiots.. 

Reply/Quote