Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shogo Akiyama
Reds have apparently agreed to sign the Japanese CFer for a 3 year, $15M deal..pending physical, etc..

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/shogo-akiyama-reds-update If it goes through he'll be the first ever Japanese player for the Reds.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This gives the Reds some real options in the OF this season and hopefully the 32 year old Akiyama has his greatest season ever and does it with the Reds.. It kind of puts Senzel between a rock and a hard place so he really has to up his game.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
They could move Senzel to SS but Ideally, Shogo will play LF. I think it was a good signing by the Reds.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Another signing, though less flashy is Thornburg to a minors deal. He's got a problem with 
thoracic outlet syndrome which doesn't sound like much fun. I have a feeling he's either going to put it back together or be a complete bust...little wiggle room for the guy me thinks..
J'aurais t

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 05:42 PM)grampahol Wrote: This gives the Reds some real options in the OF this season 

$5 mill a year is not that much.  I see him as a 4th outfielder and a solid left-handed bat off the bench.  Maybe even platoon with Senzel sitting against tough right handed pitchers.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 12:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: $5 mill a year is not that much.  I see him as a 4th outfielder and a solid left-handed bat off the bench.  Maybe even platoon with Senzel sitting against tough right handed pitchers.

Depends on how he does in the big leagues. If he comes out like gangbusters he makes almost everyone in the OF expendable for trades. If not then yeah, just another guy out there..

Reply/Quote
Mark Payton is yet another OF option although he'll most likely be a corner OFer if he sticks, probably LF.. .289 lifetime BA in the minor leagues.. That ain't nothing to sneeze at.. 

Reply/Quote