Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baylor
What is going on down in Waco?  Allegations of sexual cover ups have cost Art Briles his job now.  People are calling him the real life Bud Kilmer.  It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, the NCAA does to the program.  theres even talk of the Death penalty? But I seriously doubt the NCAA has the cajones to do that again to a program.  Not after what SMU has gone thru and just giving PSU a slap on the hand, we will never see the Death Penalty ever used again.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Remember when one of their ebasketbal players murdered a teammate? The coach tried to cover that up. Then there was the whole David Koresh thing up the street. That place is ****** up..... I got my eye on you Andrew Billings.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Every college in the country is guilty of trying to protect its star players, but Baylor was over the top. And they just kept bringing in more thugs while they were catching heat for what their current thugs were doing. It made them look like they just did not care.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2016, 02:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Every college in the country is guilty of trying to protect its star players, but Baylor was over the top.  And they just kept bringing in more thugs while they were catching heat for what their current thugs were doing.  It made them look like they just did not care.

This is the truth. From Alabama all the way down to the JUCO levels, schools will try to protect star players.

Baylor and Briles let things get out of hand and that program now has a rocky road ahead of them.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
The mid to upper tier non power 5 school who hires Briles in a year will get themselves a great coach.

This is not just a football program problem this is university wide. They also paid the piper to go from a nobody to a somebody.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2016, 04:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The mid to upper tier non power 5 school who hires Briles in a year will get themselves a great coach.

This is not just a football program problem this is university wide.    They also paid the piper to go from a nobody to a somebody.

Agreed, Briles will put some MAC or MWC school in the spotlight for a couple years, as he serves his "penance".  Then, after the dark shadow fades, he will get back to a power 5 school.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2016, 06:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed, Briles will put some MAC or MWC school in the spotlight for a couple years, as he serves his "penance".  Then, after the dark shadow fades, he will get back to a power 5 school.

See Bobby Petrino
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2016, 06:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed, Briles will put some MAC or MWC school in the spotlight for a couple years, as he serves his "penance".  Then, after the dark shadow fades, he will get back to a power 5 school.

People forget Baylor sucked before him.   They were worse than a MAC school.   What he accomplished at Baylor was incredible.  
Reply/Quote
Wasn't Briles a high school coach right before he went to Baylor?  What he accomplished there in Waco has been impressive.  Baylor was Iowa State's sole W for many years of Big XII football.  That's sad. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 12:50 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Wasn't Briles a high school coach right before he went to Baylor?  What he accomplished there in Waco has been impressive.  Baylor was Iowa State's sole W for many years of Big XII football.  That's sad. 

High school coach '79-'99
assistant at Texas Tech '00-'02
Head coach - Houston '03-'07
Head Coach - Baylor '08-'15

This guy is a stud coach.  Baylor will regret dropping him.    

I could see him back at Houston once their guy leaves.    Heck he might be the one Baylor goes after....  
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 12:50 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Wasn't Briles a high school coach right before he went to Baylor?  What he accomplished there in Waco has been impressive.  Baylor was Iowa State's sole W for many years of Big XII football.  That's sad. 

Briles was the whole reason RG3 went to Baylor. He was committed to Houston, but switched to Baylor when Briles took the job there.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Honestly I wouldn't be upset at all if he ended up at UC.

I do like tubs though for the record.
Reply/Quote