Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Be Better in 2023

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Unbelievable how people doubted this team.
Reply/Quote
Oh, that's gold, Jerry. Gold!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I love it! Don’t let anyone forget the stupid sh*t they said
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Let me just say:

HAHAHAHAHAHA Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
A whole lot of posters on this very board had the team going 6 wins max and missing tge playoffs two weeks into the season.
Reply/Quote
Who Dey Love the coach, QB, and team!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 01:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: A whole lot of posters on this very board had the team going 6 wins max and missing tge playoffs two weeks into the season.

Meh, expectations change.  Anything short of winning the SB this year is a disappointment.  I said that going into the season, and I really stand by it now that we don't look quite as bad as we did when losing to Mitch Trubisky and I can't even recall who the Cowboy's backup QB was.

I said this before, it used to bug me that Steelers fans were so smug and spoiled that they could say "I don't worry about the games until the playoffs start" but now I can say that about the Bengals.  We are the fortunate ones, now biotches!

So I guess our slow start was a nothingburger.  I'd rather this team not make a habit of this, but meh...I guess we're just safe expecting that AFC North crown and a season that we don't need to sweat until the playoffs.

SMUG FAN TAKE - nothing matter for the Bengals until the playoffs, and I don't even care if we are the 7th seed because we clearly can win on the road.  The first 17 weeks of the season were just pre-season.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 02:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, expectations change.  Anything short of winning the SB this year is a disappointment.  I said that going into the season, and I really stand by it now that we don't look quite as bad as we did when losing to Mitch Trubisky and I can't even recall who the Cowboy's backup QB was.

I said this before, it used to bug me that Steelers fans were so smug and spoiled that they could say "I don't worry about the games until the playoffs start" but now I can say that about the Bengals.  We are the fortunate ones, now biotches!

So I guess our slow start was a nothingburger.  I'd rather this team not make a habit of this, but meh...I guess we're just safe expecting that AFC North crown and a season that we don't need to sweat until the playoffs.

SMUG FAN TAKE - nothing matter for the Bengals until the playoffs, and I don't even care if we are the 7th seed because we clearly can win on the road.  The first 17 weeks of the season were just pre-season.

Cooper Rush
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 01:18 PM)pally Wrote:

It's VERY early, but this gets my vote for POST OF THE YEAR
Reply/Quote

Love it! Good stuff man. Who-Dey
Reply/Quote
Our social media team is 2nd to none around the league.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 10:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Our social media team is 2nd to none around the league.

That's just another job that Burrow has made easier.  The guy has saved this entire organization and the Brown family almost single-handedly. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 10:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's just another job that Burrow has made easier.  The guy has saved this entire organization and the Brown family almost single-handedly. 

Eh, I’m going to give credit where it’s due. Even with Burrow we could still be stuck in the dark ages when it comes to social media/fan experience. It wasn’t Burrow that finally got the RoH done. The difference has been the new blood in the FO (Elizabeth Blackburn. Emily Parker, etc).

Reply/Quote
Well, I know that I'm officially retired from the predicting game.

I picked Mixon as a possible MVP candidate behind the new o-line and McPherson to improve over last season.

And I'll raise my hand and say that I doubted them when Awuzie went down in a blowout loss on Halloween. But in my defense . . .

DJ Reader was still out and they just lost their best cornerback.
Myles Garrett made the o-line look like Pop Warner league.
They had just fallen to 4-4 nearing the end of the easy stretch of the schedule.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 11:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, I’m going to give credit where it’s due. Even with Burrow we could still be stuck in the dark ages when it comes to social media/fan experience. It wasn’t Burrow that finally got the RoH done. The difference has been the new blood in the FO (Elizabeth Blackburn. Emily Parker, etc).

Maybe...I think it's a bit interesting how our social media wing of the Brown family managed to get so much better now that we have one of the best QBs in the NFL wowing the world.

I'm not too confident this social media team would be knocking it out of the park if Andy Dalton and Marvin Lewis were going 6-10, that's all.  This thread is based on a post where we can give the middle finger to the doubters since the team is awesome now, so that pretty much didn't happen until 30 years into the Mike Brown era when Burrow showed up.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 01:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Let me just say:

HAHAHAHAHAHA  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

(01-01-2023, 02:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, expectations change.  Anything short of winning the SB this year is a disappointment.  I said that going into the season, and I really stand by it now that we don't look quite as bad as we did when losing to Mitch Trubisky and I can't even recall who the Cowboy's backup QB was.

Yep. And the road could be Chargers, Bills, Chiefs, Eagles.

Which would be a VERY tough road. Do-able...but tough.
Reply/Quote
I knew it all along! I'm NOT telling you what IT was though..That's confidential information.  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

That is hilarious. What a bunch of fools, post of the year so far that is for sure. Smirk
Reply/Quote