Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be Honest.....
How many of you were screaming to just let them score so that Burrow and co. could get the ball back with about 1:30 and 2 timeouts left? I personally was , but am completely overjoyed that our D held them to 3.....

Then in Overtime, how many of you thought it was over after KC won the toss?

And then in Overtime, how many of you thought we blew our chance after Apple dropped a potential pick 6?

I feel that I can admit these things, and then I can say....Bang up job by our D to prove me wrong. Was anyone else in this position?
Reply/Quote
I was thinking about the possibility of letting them score. Once they got the first down and Cincinnati had no timeouts I really felt bad about it.

I really cringed when KC won the toss. I told my wife "Shit, don't let this be another Buffalo".

I launched out of my seat when Apple dropped the pick. That one hurt in the moment.
Reply/Quote
I'll admit that right before the pre-halftime stop, I was contemplating turning it off and doing something else with my day. I saw 28-10 incoming and figured with their first drive of the second half they'd go up 35-10, and I didn't want to stick around to watch it get really ugly. Glad I kept watching. Never so happy to be wrong.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:15 PM)WHO DEY C85 Wrote: How many of you were screaming to just let them score so that Burrow and co. could get the ball back with about 1:30 and 2 timeouts left? I personally was , but am completely overjoyed that our D held them to 3.....

And then in Overtime, how many of you thought we blew our chance after Apple dropped a potential pick 6?

I feel that I can admit these things, and then I can say....Bang up job by our D to prove me wrong. Was anyone else in this position?

Honest?

I thought about letting them score to my embarrassment. Should of had more faith in our D.

When KC won the coin toss I was happy. Thought our D was already in Mahomes head and all we needed was to hold them 
to a FG. The Bates/Bell pick was the sealer. After that I knew we would win. We don't lose games like we used to in the old
days of 2015 lol
Reply/Quote
I was screaming at Taylor to call timeouts prior to the 2-minute warning to maximize our time to respond. Once he didn’t do that though I was staunchly against letting them score.
Reply/Quote
After the first quarter I just hoped it wouldn't get embarrassing and we'd only lose by about 20. It all changed when Mahomes got cocky and went to Tyreek on our one and blew it. From then on we went to another level. I knew we'd win it when they scored nothing after the Sneed interception. Why Mahomes went to Tyreek again when double teamed by two bigger defenders I'll never know, but I'm eternally grateful that he did. If ever there was a game of two halves that was it. Now we just have to keep focused and keep calm for the last game of a wonderful season. We've been written off game after game and come through. One last massive effort and it's ours.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:15 PM)WHO DEY C85 Wrote: How many of you were screaming to just let them score so that Burrow and co. could get the ball back with about 1:30 and 2 timeouts left? I personally was , but am completely overjoyed that our D held them to 3.....

I was not in favor of letting the Chiefs score near the end of the game. I did expect them to score, but I'd also seen too many goal line stands, including the Bengals failing to score on four tries from the three yard line (3 tries from the one) in the 1981 Super Bowl. But I understood Romo's suggestion that the Bengals might want to let the Chiefs score to preserve time on the clock.

Losing the coin toss to start the overtime? I was surprised by the raucous cheer from the crowd. I was worried the Bengals defense might be tired, given the Chiefs previous drive, but you only have to hold them to a field goal.

I honestly thought Apple's chance at an interception was a difficult try. Billups drop in the SuperBowl, if my memory serves me correctly, was relatively easy compared to Apple's potential interception, and was egregious given the circumstances. I put Apple's potential interception out of my mind immediately. The Chiefs were in 3rd and 10 or so and had a long ways to go to get into field goal range. It didn't bother me a bit, to be honest. I'd move on, unlike when I saw the Billups drop. (And the 49ers drop last night was much more egregious as well.)
Reply/Quote
I honestly didn't ever think letting them score was a good idea. I did not want them to get the momentum at home.

I feel like holding them to a FG really set the tone of going into OT. Had they scored a TD, who knows what would have happened. Obviously OT would have not been a likely option at that point, being down 4. If we did manage to score a TD, KC could have still responded with a FG, and went into OT pumped to win. Maybe that momentum would have carried them to the win.

I would not have counted us out in any scenario, but it would have not been easy to march down and score a TD on the road. Luckily it all worked out.
Reply/Quote

My right side of my face was numb from ETOH.  I was just randomly screaming for Bengals to freakin win.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly? I thought it was over before the half. I only had slight hope because they are supposed to be a 2nd half team.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:18 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I launched out of my seat when Apple dropped the pick. That one hurt in the moment.

That seemed like a potential Billups moment, but I kept the notion to myself.
Reply/Quote

Honestly, I wasn't screaming to let them score.  I had faith in the D after the Raiders game and the goal line stop at the half.

Similarly, I wasn't sweating the coin flip because the D was so good in the 2nd half 

I do admit some swear words when Apple dropped that easy pick 6, though.
Reply/Quote
I 100% wanted to let them score after they got that first down. Strategically you could have argued it was the right call. Things just worked out, though.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I started to say something to my kid about it, but refrained from having an opinion in the spirit I of I don't know jack about football compared to professional coaches. I'm glad the defense played their asses off to contribute to the win.
Reply/Quote
Hell man, I was about to call it day at 21-3....lol
These guys just don't know the meaning of the word quit.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:20 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'll admit that right before the pre-halftime stop, I was contemplating turning it off and doing something else with my day. I saw 28-10 incoming and figured with their first drive of the second half they'd go up 35-10, and I didn't want to stick around to watch it get really ugly. Glad I kept watching. Never so happy to be wrong.

Exact same here.
Reply/Quote
At first I thought they should let them score, from an analytical/math perspective.

But then I had to remind myself that football is a lot more than analytics per say. It's about heart, momentum, and playing hard. The things that can't be calculated by the so call analytic x's/o's so called wizzes out there. And at that point in the game, the defense had shut the Chiefs down from the last play of the first half to that point. Telling them to let the Chiefs score would have just been gut wrenching, and such a letdown of trust. So yeah, ride the defense out and let the birds fly where they may. Thats what I was thinking at least.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:20 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'll admit that right before the pre-halftime stop, I was contemplating turning it off and doing something else with my day. I saw 28-10 incoming and figured with their first drive of the second half they'd go up 35-10, and I didn't want to stick around to watch it get really ugly. Glad I kept watching. Never so happy to be wrong.

Them not scoring is the only reason I kept watching after half time. I would have been checking the score on my phone just in case, but I was not into watching a potential blowout.
Reply/Quote
never once crossed my mind.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
I was in the gameday thread saying to let them score. If KC would have let us score week 17 it could have been a significantly smart move. As they would have given Mahomes the ball back with close to 2 minutes.

I personally thought they'd score anyway. I guess my faith shamefully wasn't with the D as it should have been.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote