Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be Honest.....
I was super conflicted on the scoring, just because of the chess battle with the clock. So hard to know how that's going to fall in the end.

I wasn't worried about the coin toss given the way the defense had been playing.

The dropped pick had me jumped up a bit PO'd. So close, can't drop those. But I didn't think that was going to be their only opportunity, either.

For the most part, I was pretty even-keeled during the game, but there were absolutely some moments where I was getting nervous about how it would go, and that pre-halftime drive was a big one. Honestly, the bigger one for me was just wanting them to kick at the end. Every new play they ran I kept seeing 2015 over and over and over in my head.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought not getting the Mahomes fumble and the dropped INT were going to haunt me for decades. Both would have sealed the game, but after the dropped INT they still had to convert a 3rd and 10 so th enon-Bengal part of me felt decent based on how D was playing..

Didn't sweat the coin toss too much. chiefs weren't doing Jack. Stop 'em and kick a FG.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:28 PM)basballguy Wrote: never once crossed my mind.

Only crossed mine because Romo wouldn't shut up about it.

I didn't agree with him for a moment though.  I wanted a forced field goal or a fortunate turnover.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:15 PM)WHO DEY C85 Wrote: How many of you were screaming to just let them score so that Burrow and co. could get the ball back with about 1:30 and 2 timeouts left? I personally was , but am completely overjoyed that our D held them to 3.....

Then in Overtime, how many of you thought it was over after KC won the toss?

And then in Overtime, how many of you thought we blew our chance after Apple dropped a potential pick 6?

I feel that I can admit these things, and then I can say....Bang up job by our D to prove me wrong. Was anyone else in this position?

Hell no. I thought the notion was absurd. Romo was stupid for bringing it up. 

1) If a FG would have won it, maybe. If they score  we need a TD. But we had only scored 2 TDs all game. One after a TO deep in Chief's territory and one on a long TD from Perine in a screen.  

2) KC had gone 7 straight possessions without a TD. Them scoring was not a foregone conclusion. 

3) They were at the 5, not the 1 inch line. 
Reply/Quote
I never believed it. Letting them score would have made a touchdown the only option. That was a tough ask with so little time remaining. The D had to make a play.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:20 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'll admit that right before the pre-halftime stop, I was contemplating turning it off and doing something else with my day.  I saw 28-10 incoming and figured with their first drive of the second half they'd go up 35-10, and I didn't want to stick around to watch it get really ugly. Glad I kept watching.   Never so happy to be wrong.

Ummm me to. I remember thinking if they punch it in here that may be the straw that breaks the back. Then we got the stop and I could see Hulk Hogans finger twitching face down on the mat.

And when it got down to crunch time at the end of regulation the thought of stepping aside and letting them score crossed my mind.

And yes when Apple dropped that int. in his breadbasket I thought there went our chance.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 06:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And yes when Apple dropped that int. in his breadbasket I thought there went our chance.

That and the sack-fumble that the KC lineman pounced on.  Could have ended it right there.  

Sidenote: One of the joys of watching tv today has been NFL Network and ESPN repeatedly reviewing and analyzing the play before the half ad nauseum like it was the Zapruder film LOL
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote