Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be Prepared to Barf over Bodine
(02-12-2017, 08:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I hate unions! They pay mediocre people who fail to put in an effort like those who actually deserve it. SMH! 

Unions built this country
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 09:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not speaking about Bodine, but I find that clause in general to be fair....

Agreed completely. If you end up finding a starter or major contributor In The later rounds they should get paid more
Reply/Quote
There's nothing wrong with the clause - now our inability to play a competent Center is another issue...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: c4202fbbab5da272838b66a7acbec53b.jpg]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 07:47 PM)Housh Wrote: The clause is fair. Its not their fault were so mediocre we played a horrible center so long.

But is on one else waiting for the Hobsin spin on this that will make it seems like Bodine is the best center ever somehow?

I can see the title now.  "Russell Bodine's ironman career stands up to the best to ever play"

(02-13-2017, 11:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd be interested to see how ol Hobspin could polish that turd.

I guess he can bring up Hill's 1000 yard rookie season or sack numbers from 2 years ago. There's really not much positive to mention outside of the fact that he stayed healthy. Yay?

Even if you believe the PFF rankings (which I don't) according to them Bodine is better than several other starting centers.

If there are so many centers better than Bodine out there then why are none of these other teams snatching them up?
Reply/Quote
Such a bad pick and such bad coaches that this happens.

I don't like unions either and agree with Harley dog but in this case it is not the rule that is the problem.

We simply made a terrible pick and got PA's guy. He just cannot evaluate talent or coach up his players
and we pay for it once again. This is no surprise or coincidence that PA just keeps biting us in the ass.

Can the shithead! Shocked
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 02:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even if you believe the PFF rankings (which I don't) according to them Bodine is better than several other starting centers.

If there are so many centers better than Bodine out there then why are none of these other teams snatching them up?

Name the centers that ranked below Bodine for 2016. Now how many of those centers have consistently graded among the worst centers year after year, ala Bodine? He sucks. Consistently. Heck, I'm pretty sure you want him replaced, so I guess you're back to arguing just to argue.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Remember, Ghiacuc was another "Paul Alexander wants him" guy...
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 08:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Name the centers that ranked below Bodine for 2017. Now how many of those centers have consistently graded among the worst centers year after year, ala Bodine? He sucks. Consistently. Heck, I'm pretty sure you want him replaced, so I guess you're back to arguing just to argue.

Thats the thing, if Bodine was even middle of the pack it would be something, but he is not.

We aren't even settling for mediocrity here. We are settling for shit and a blatant hole in the middle of our Offensive Line!

Fred argues just to argue lots of the time so i think you're correct here Shake as usual.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 02:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even if you believe the PFF rankings (which I don't) according to them Bodine is better than several other starting centers.

Name them

Also name how long they've been starting. Bodine is on year 3

No other team has played such a shitty center for as long as us. NO ONE

But don't think you've fooled me

I know the only reason you posted that is because everyone in this thread is AGAINST Bodine so our course here you go acting like you care about Bodine smh

Someone could make a post saying that a football field is 100 yards and your response would be no.....its 99.9 yards.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 10:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thats the thing, if Bodine was even middle of the pack it would be something, but he is not.

We aren't even settling for mediocrity here. We are settling for shit and a blatant hole in the middle of our Offensive Line!

Fred argues just to argue lots of the time so i think you're correct here Shake as usual.
Freddie De La Toaste does like to show his stuff. Tongue

Seriously, I read on Cincy Jungle a week, or so, ago that Bodine WAS rated the next to worst center in the NFL. Sorry I don't recall the source.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 11:33 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Unions built this country

And destroyed it as well with crap like this. You should be paid by the quality of work, not quantity. Who owns this team, China?

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 06:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is no surprise or coincidence that PA just keeps biting us in the ass.

Can the shithead! Shocked

For over 20 years PA never had a single high draft pick flop, and Ogbuehi still has a chance to keep that streak alive.  Remember that Andre Smith was considered a bust after his second season also.  

Bodine was only a 4th rounder and the success rate for all O-lineman taken in the fourth round is pretty low.  If every O-line coach who failed to turn a fourth round pick into a starter was fired how many O-line coaches would still have a job.

For years Paul was forced to get by on scraps.  In one 12 year stretch ('97-'08) the Bengals only use 3 picks in the first 2 rounds on O-line, and 2 more in the third round.  And over the past decade the Bengals have been one of the very best pass protection teams in the league.
Reply/Quote
Jon Toth.... Jon Toth....Jon Toth.....
Reply/Quote
It's a participation trophy!
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2017, 07:02 PM)Derrick Wrote: Freddie De La Toaste does like to show his stuff. Tongue

Seriously, I read on Cincy Jungle a week, or so, ago that Bodine WAS rated the next to worst center in the NFL. Sorry I don't recall the source.

I have seen Bodine mentioned as one of the worst Centers from multiple sources.

(02-18-2017, 07:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: And destroyed it as well with crap like this. You should be paid by the quality of work, not quantity. Who owns this team, China?

Common sense Harley, some have it, some don't and it is extremely uncommon.

(02-19-2017, 02:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For over 20 years PA never had a single high draft pick flop, and Ogbuehi still has a chance to keep that streak alive.  Remember that Andre Smith was considered a bust after his second season also.  

Bodine was only a 4th rounder and the success rate for all O-lineman taken in the fourth round is pretty low.  If every O-line coach who failed to turn a fourth round pick into a starter was fired how many O-line coaches would still have a job.

For years Paul was forced to get by on scraps.  In one 12 year stretch ('97-'08) the Bengals only use 3 picks in the first 2 rounds on O-line, and 2 more in the third round.  And over the past decade the Bengals have been one of the very best pass protection teams in the league.

Bout time to move on then and get something fresh in here. Stinks to high heaven.

The Patriots O-line has guys that went undrafted and much less talent as far as early round picks yet they give Brady
all the time in the world and block well in the run game. Coaches around the league coach up middle to late round picks
into something all the time. I am sure we could find a guy that could do this for us.

The Bengals have also been one of the very worst run blocking teams in the league under Paul Alexander.

Last year they were bad in both pass protection and run blocking and his guys Ogbuehi and Bodine destroyed our
season. Cannot believe any Bengal fan would be for bringing back this coach after last season, even you Fred.

Hell, if my favorite coach on the Bengals, Urban, had a season like this with his receivers i would be for firing him.

I don't believe in favoritism. When you suck you need to be replaced.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2017, 07:02 PM)Derrick Wrote: Freddie De La Toaste does like to show his stuff. Tongue

Hell man, no need for the source, it's common knowledge to everyone but Piano Man. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 11:06 AM)bengals67 Wrote: It is incomprehensible that Bodine is and will be our center next year.

Getting rated 26th in league is acceptable under Bengal standards.

By the way- someone explain to me why we wasted a first round pick on Z if we do not value guards and never had any intention of signing him to a second contact if he developed into an above average guard.

what a waste of a draft pick and 5 years developing a player.

if you got a good player for 5 years its not necessary a waste.   Over paying him due to being the top OG on the market would be a mistake I think...  if we do nothing to sure up the rest of the OL it doesn't matter how well Z plays.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2017, 02:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For over 20 years PA never had a single high draft pick flop, and Ogbuehi still has a chance to keep that streak alive.  Remember that Andre Smith was considered a bust after his second season also.  

What about running the football?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 02:31 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: What about running the football?

One of the worst.
Reply/Quote