Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears possibly shopping Teven Jenkins.

I guess the Steelers are one of the teams in the mix.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He is not at training camp.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I heard talk on NFL radio that the Bears were thinking of moving him inside, since he wasn't good at pass protection at Tackle. Perhaps Jenkins isn't happy with the prospects of playing Guard?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 05:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I heard talk on NFL radio that the Bears were thinking of moving him inside, since he wasn't good at pass protection at Tackle.  Perhaps Jenkins isn't happy with the prospects of playing Guard?

No idea. He hasn't been on the practice field and it's possible he is injured again but reports are Matt Eberflus and his staff are not high on Jenkins so its possible we could see him traded soon.

Crazy to think there is a possiblity they will cut ties with him in his second year after drafting him so high.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 05:35 PM)Synric Wrote: No idea. He hasn't been on the practice field and it's possible he is injured again but reports are Matt Eberflus and his staff are not high on Jenkins so its possible we could see him traded soon.

Crazy to think there is a possiblity they will cut ties with him in his second year after drafting him so high.

Dude only played 160 offensive snaps last year due to injury.
Seems definitely premature to give up on him so quickly.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 05:35 PM)Synric Wrote: No idea. He hasn't been on the practice field and it's possible he is injured again but reports are Matt Eberflus and his staff are not high on Jenkins so its possible we could see him traded soon.

apparently a rookie is already beating him out at the position

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/04/teven-jenkins-remains-out-of-practice-for-bears/
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 11:42 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: apparently a rookie is already beating him out at the position

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/04/teven-jenkins-remains-out-of-practice-for-bears/

Real question. Can a guy be beating someone else out if he's the only one going? It's not like they're going head-to-head or sharing time and one is better. The one guy just isn't participating.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 01:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Real question. Can a guy be beating someone else out if he's the only one going? It's not like they're going head-to-head or sharing time and one is better. The one guy just isn't participating.

IDK its just want the link said lol...   (but they had practices before training camp started as well...)

Its possible the rumors are purely that.  Doesnt make to much since to move on from a 2nd year 2nd rounder unless there is something else going on
Reply/Quote
A lot of guys on here were high on Teven. IDK, I would add him as depth behind our OT's.
Reply/Quote
I can't imagine trading for Teven Jenkins.
There's not a starting slot for him now, and I doubt he cares to go to a team where he's not first in line for a starting gig.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 10:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: A lot of guys on here were high on Teven. IDK, I would add him as depth behind our OT's.

Many were mad when we traded back instead of taking him when he was available. Instead of Jenkins we got Carman, Shelvin, and D. Smith. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 10:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: A lot of guys on here were high on Teven. IDK, I would add him as depth behind our OT's.

It is clear that aside from the injury, he needs some developmental time.  In 160 snaps (a little under 3 average game's worth), he committed 7 penalties and gave up 2 sacks, earning him a PFF rating of 47.5.

Assuming that he made a full recovery from the injury, back surgery..., is he an upgrade over Isaiah Prince as backup to Collins?  With as much argumentation and debate that has went on around here in regard to our own Jackson Carman's back issues, I'm guessing that he's not likely high on the Bengals' watch list.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Teven Jenkins is back at practice. He was interviewed and said he and the coaches are good. When asked about his "injury" he refused to disclose the injury.

I suspect Chicago allowed Jenkins and his agent to reach out to other teams but they didn't get any good offers. Now Jenkins is saying he's loyal and wants to earn a starting spot.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 11:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Many were mad when we traded back instead of taking him when he was available. Instead of Jenkins we got Carman, Shelvin, and D. Smith. 

Yeah, I remember that and now Carman is impressing and Jenkins is not.

Give me the latter.

(08-08-2022, 11:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It is clear that aside from the injury, he needs some developmental time.  In 160 snaps (a little under 3 average game's worth), he committed 7 penalties and gave up 2 sacks, earning him a PFF rating of 47.5.

Assuming that he made a full recovery from the injury, back surgery..., is he an upgrade over Isaiah Prince as backup to Collins?  With as much argumentation and debate that has went on around here in regard to our own Jackson Carman's back issues, I'm guessing that he's not likely high on the Bengals' watch list.

I think you are correct and by the way Sunset it looks like Jackson's back issues might be behind him being in as good of
shape as he is during TC and impressing. This is what I wanted to see, you know about back issues more than about anyone
else on here but it looks like since Carman is young he healed well. Sure hope so.

I want him to become that player for us that I wanted before we drafted him. A mauling freak in the run game and a damn 
good pass protector cause he doesn't have to face speed off the edge anymore.

(08-08-2022, 12:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Teven Jenkins is back at practice. He was interviewed and said he and the coaches are good. When asked about his "injury" he refused to disclose the injury.

I suspect Chicago allowed Jenkins and his agent to reach out to other teams but they didn't get any good offers. Now Jenkins is saying he's loyal and wants to earn a starting spot.

Sounds like he is out of the question now.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 01:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Dude only played 160 offensive snaps last year due to injury.
Seems definitely premature to give up on him so quickly.

Happens a lot with regime changes.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote