Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears release LB Leonard Floyd

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I don't know much about Floyd, but this is exactly the type of players Bengals look at.  Former high picks with starting experience.

See: Manny Lawson, Thomas Howard
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know much about Floyd, but this is exactly the type of players Bengals look at.  Former high picks with starting experience.

See: Manny Lawson, Thomas Howard

I've lived in Chicago the past 14 years, so I've followed the bears. 

Floyd is a bust. He's hasn't contributed lined up across from Mack on a well coached Bears D, doubt he turns the corner for us. 

I'll pass. 
Reply/Quote
there is that cap casuality #1....

Floyds stats look pretty good... Maybe not good enough for the 13.2 mil his was due... but could definitely be a solid rotational piece for a team.
Reply/Quote
Floyd is the answer to the question no one asked. Hard pass.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:43 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: I've lived in Chicago the past 14 years, so I've followed the bears. 

Floyd is a bust. He's hasn't contributed lined up across from Mack on a well coached Bears D, doubt he turns the corner for us. 

I'll pass. 

Depends on scheme and use; as a rotation piece, I'd be cool with him.

He's not even going to sniff 5 mil a year, let alone 13.2 wherever he goes, so it wouldn't be a lot of money either.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
The Lions are apparently releasing LB Devon Kennard. I don't know anything about him aside from posted stats which seem decent. He has also had 7 sacks in his last two seasons. So he looks like an interesting prospect on paper.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Depends on scheme and use; as a rotation piece, I'd be cool with him.

He's not even going to sniff 5 mil a year, let alone 13.2 wherever he goes, so it wouldn't be a lot of money either.

A young high first round pick? Less than 5 mil? Doubt it 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Depends on scheme and use; as a rotation piece, I'd be cool with him.

Insurance in case Lawson gets injured again.  I know you don't put much weight in labels, but I think he is more of and edge rusher than OLB. 
Reply/Quote
Who was the last free agent LB the Bengals signed
Whose better days was ahead of him ?
Dhani Jones?
Sure wasn't Kevin Hardy or Preston Brown
They need to sign a LB who still has ceiling to reach
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 02:28 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: A young high first round pick? Less than 5 mil? Doubt it 

Exactamundo. I bet he gets at least 8. 

Not a great finisher in the pass rush, but sets a good edge, can play in coverage a bit, and a good character guy (so they say). Guys with his versatility don't fall out of the sky. He'd be an upgrade on Vigil and would allow Anarumo to be multiple the way he wants to. I'd like to have him. 
Reply/Quote
Floyd would be good in a rotation with Hubbard and Lawson in our hybrid 3-4.

Wouldn't mind bringing him in even if I think we need a LB more like Pratt more than another OLB that can rush the passer.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 03:12 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Exactamundo. I bet he gets at least 8. 

Not a great finisher in the pass rush, but sets a good edge, can play in coverage a bit, and a good character guy (so they say). Guys with his versatility don't fall out of the sky. He'd be an upgrade on Vigil and would allow Anarumo to be multiple the way he wants to. I'd like to have him. 

How would he be an upgrade to Vigil?
Reply/Quote
Floyd to the Rams

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 02:36 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Who was the last free agent LB the Bengals signed
Whose better days was ahead of him ?
Dhani Jones?
Sure wasn't Kevin Hardy or Preston Brown
They need to sign a LB who still has ceiling to reach

Or Hawk or Minters or Dansby...
Reply/Quote