Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears trade #1 to Carolina
Per Schefter Bears get DJ Moore, pick #9, pick #61, a 2024 first round and a 2025 second round. Wonder which QB Carolina wants that bad?
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Bears fleeced the Panthers. Adding DJ Moore tipped it from being a good trade to highway robbery.

I feel absolutely TERRIBLE for whomever the Panthers draft at QB. Congrats, you are on the Panthers with nobody on your team to help you at all. We had Robbie Anderson, DJ Moore, and Christian McCaffrey to start last year, but we traded all three of them away. Now your WRs are Terrace Marshall Jr (490 yards), Shi Smith (296 yards), and Laviska Shenault Jr (272 yards) and your RB is Chuba Hubbard (466 yards). OH, and your head coach is Frank Reich, who just drove a very talented roster straight into the dirt in Indy.

Watch whomever gets drafted by them refuse to sign. Pull an Eli.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I read they have thier eye on Stroud. Not sure how that will work out for them as they gave up way too much ...Bears meanwhile in pole position to really improve
Reply/Quote
Good deal for the Bears. I really don’t see Young being worth trading up to #1 for. I’d go Stroud if I were them. Really not a great year to be going crazy for a QB but they must be in love with somebody.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 08:02 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Good deal for the Bears. I really don’t see Young being worth trading up to #1 for. I’d go Stroud if I were them. Really not a great year to be going crazy for a QB but they must be in love with somebody.

I do

That kid is gonna be good
-Housh
Reply/Quote
The owner supposedly likes Young but Reich prefers Stroud.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 09:30 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The owner supposedly likes Young but Reich prefers Stroud.

Whichever one gets selected, it's going to be a tough situation for a while.  The Panthers are in as bad, if not worse shape than the Bengals were when Burrow come on board.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 09:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Whichever one gets selected, it's going to be a tough situation for a while.  The Panthers are in as bad, if not worse shape than the Bengals were when Burrow come on board.

For sure and I don't think any QB in this draft is on Burrow's level when he came out of LSU. The Panthers overpaid.
Reply/Quote
This is not a good year to trade that much for the number one overall pick. Just a terrible decision in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 09:30 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The owner supposedly likes Young but Reich prefers Stroud.

I thought i saw so where reputable that Carolina liked Levis
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 10:29 PM)Housh Wrote: I thought i saw so where reputable that Carolina liked Levis

It appears the media is reporting all the top names.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 10:29 PM)Housh Wrote: I thought i saw so where reputable that Carolina liked Levis

If they liked Levis at all they should have just stood pat at #9. I saw a ton of mocks having Anthony Richardson there which I don't understand at all. I wouldn't touch him in the first 3 rounds. I don't care what kind of tools you have. Plenty of college QB's with the tools that also succeeded in college to be wasting a top pick on one that did not.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 09:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Whichever one gets selected, it's going to be a tough situation for a while.  The Panthers are in as bad, if not worse shape than the Bengals were when Burrow come on board.

Burrow had Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, and AJ Green as his WRs when he entered the league. AJ Green was a shell of himself playing to not get hurt under the tag, but still. He also had Mixon coming off an 1100+ yard, 4.9 YPC season, so we at least thought he was great then.

I guess they could draft a guy and sign a guy in FA, but as of right now they're pretty close to completely bare in offensive playmakers for their new 1st overall QB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Panthers should get a veteran QB so the first pick can learn from him. Not sure who it will be. I'm sure they have a plan.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote