Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beastie Boys
Any fans?

I think they were a very underrated band. They played a lot of different styles of music. People don't realize how diverse they were.

But I mostly liked them for their funny lyrics and banging beats.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 10:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Any fans?

I think they were a very underrated band.  They played a lot of different styles of music.  People don't realize how diverse they were.

But I mostly liked them for their funny lyrics and banging beats.

They are ok with me and kind of like them for same reason as you. 

But absolutely love the song "Sabotage".

It is amongst my many favorite songs.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Oddly enough, Beastie Boys are in my all time favorites list. No, sleep, till Brooklyn!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
LMFAO....Underrated?!? They're in the Rock 'n Roll HOF.

They were influential pioneers. When I think of 80's RAP - it's Run DMC, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy and NWA.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
Yeah they're one of my favs for sure. Love listening to them during workouts
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Yeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

Reply/Quote
One of my all-time favorite acts. I have every thing they've ever put out in one format or another.  For the casual fan, I'd suggest buying the Anthology.  It's loaded.

The main thing I liked about them, they were different from one album the next.....often on the same album.  One album featured them playing instruments, others were more traditional rap albums with samples and heavy production.  VERY talented guys.

My favorite albums were Ill Communication, Paul's Boutique, and For the Five Borroughs (a very underrated Boys album, imo).....with nods to Check Your Head and Licensed to Ill.  I appreciated the direction of Hello Nasty, just couldn't get into much but a couple songs.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
They were very diverse. You could cherry-pick an album together and label them hard rock or metal.

It's interesting how quickly rap went hard/gangsta - it's not like the pioneers [who didn't do that] of the genre sucked.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 03:27 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: They were very diverse.  You could cherry-pick an album together and label them hard rock or metal.

It's interesting how quickly rap went hard/gangsta - it's not like the pioneers [who didn't do that] of the genre sucked.

Well, to be fair, Ice-T's "Rhyme Pays" was released in 1987, and was a pioneer in his own right.  He had actually been involved in the underworld, and released music warning of the pitfalls.  To me, there is him, and a buncha copy cats.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote