Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Beat Writer Paul Dehner
(05-17-2019, 05:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well, okay, I cans see where not all of it works.  The response of the coffee house crowd was also subdued.  But not many people know that when Mike was playing QB at Dartmouth his nickname was Cannibal Dynamo Breast Brown.  And "Howl" was published in 1956 when Mike was a junior at Dartmouth.

Oh yeah...not obscure little tidbit at all there Fred. Why, we all learned all that in 3rd grade and CHOSE to conveniently forget it..until now..  Thanks for reminding us of things we never knew until now..  Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 05:00 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The Athletic is poaching some pretty decent talent... Still not going to pay for it though.

IDK..I thought about it yesterday for about 15 seconds. At 4.99 a month it's still kind of cheap, but they want it in annual payments at that rate. 9.99 otherwise so I had to pass. And to be honest with myself there's only a handful of teams I really care enough about and two of them are losing teams.. Losing teams are cheap to follow.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 11:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I liked that Jim O interacted with us, but he seemed to generally shy away from outright negativity. I prefer guys that will rip into the organization when deserved. 

I still follow Jim O on FB.  He's doing a nice job with the Packers.  Wish he was still with the Bengals.  But, I can't really blame him, the Packers have one of the larger fan bases in the NFL.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I prefer second hand info coming from this site.Hehe
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 09:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I still follow Jim O on FB.  He's doing a nice job with the Packers.  Wish he was still with the Bengals.  But, I can't really blame him, the Packers have one of the larger fan bases in the NFL.

And they have a guy named Geronimo... Who wouldn't wanna write about that?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 09:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I still follow Jim O on FB.  He's doing a nice job with the Packers.  Wish he was still with the Bengals.  But, I can't really blame him, the Packers have one of the larger fan bases in the NFL.
Not having to deal with the Brown family is probably an added bonus.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote