Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beating Oakland
Maybe a bit early, but our first opponent is Oakland. What's the secret to beating them? (The Bengals have never beaten them in Oakland)
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 06:40 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Maybe a bit early, but our first opponent is Oakland.  What's the secret to beating them?  (The Bengals have never beaten them in Oakland)

Showing up...

no but in all seriousness I've already thought what the reprocussions might be of starting with an ugly loss in Oakland... although it might add to the Dalton legacy....

Shut down their new rookie sensation wr and we should be good to go.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 06:40 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Maybe a bit early, but our first opponent is Oakland.  What's the secret to beating them?  (The Bengals have never beaten them in Oakland)

Was 09 the year Caldwell muffed the kick? 
Reply/Quote
Dalton and comp have continued to lay waste to historically streaks... barring the one that matters.

Other than that this team plays solid to great on the west coast.
Not that concerned if they show up and execute.
Reply/Quote

I really believe this is going to be a tough game. Some might have just dismissed the Raiders because they're the Raiders. It all depends on how well Carr has developed over the off-season. He has a few weapons now, Cooper and Crabtree, and has a nice backfield to work with in Murray and Richardson. We'll just have to see how they look in the preseason.
[Image: Bch_OOih_CIAARIjw_jpg_large.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 06:44 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Was 09 the year Caldwell muffed the kick? 

Yep and the game we decided to give the Ball to Jermi Johnson.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
This is why they signed Richardson. We're the only team in the league who makes him look like he is a decent RB Cry :snark:
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Don't run it towards Khalil Mack.
Reply/Quote
I think the key to winning is to try and score more points than they do. Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Winning in the trenches will be paramount since they've invested in their skill positions. I'd hope that the d-line comes to play and that they can get the Hill/Bernard train rolling.
Reply/Quote
Run Jeremy about 22 times. When he's really punishing them, throw it to AJ Green. Telegraph a handoff to Jeremy and throw a half-ass block at him to bring him onward, and circle Gio into the territory he left and dump a pass of about 10 yards to him, which he takes for another 40.

Defensively, get some tackles in the game that can hold the line of scrimmage, so that our linebackers can run free at the three to four yard depth. In my book that's Pat Sims and Geno. I think our secondary can cover them, as long as we put decent pressure on, which we should with Dunlap and the returning Michael Johnson. Blitz a linebacker here and there.

Give them a good dose of Tyler Eifert early.
Reply/Quote
I don't care what their history or record is there. The Bengals better not lose in Oakland or they might just think to not get on the plane ride home.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
How about, don't shift away from what's working. For instance if Andy and AJ are abusing their corners, why not stick with it. Or conversely, if Hill and Bernard are tearing them up, keep pounding the ball.

Reply/Quote

Don't turn the ball over. Simple as that. Our roster top to bottom kills theirs.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are the better team....Period.  This should be a relatively easy win. 
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Taking the Raiders for granted would be the way to lose this game. So I believe the Bengals need to go in there with a chip on their shoulder about never having won there.

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 06:54 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: Dalton and comp have continued to lay waste to historically streaks... barring the one that matters.

Other than that this team plays solid to great on the west coast.
Not that concerned if they show up and execute.

Agreed.  Pressure their QB, keep pressure off ours....I don't think they have much of a running attack.  I would not want to be the first team that faces the Bengals with a 100% healthy roster. 
Reply/Quote
I'm not going to say the Raiders are a total pushover, but if the Bengals lose this I can see them feeling the brunt of the loss all season long.
Reply/Quote
The key?  Same as always, control the LOS on both sides of the ball, win the turnover battle, avoid giving up the big play.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 12:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The key?  Same as always, control the LOS on both sides of the ball, win the turnover battle, avoid giving up the big play.

And get Jeremy Hill 22 carries.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote