Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beating the Cleveland Browns...
...doesn’t mean the Cincinnati Bengals have turned their season around or ended this depressing losing streak.

My prediction is Cincinnati handles the Browns with ease on Sunday and everyone will be lulled into a false sense of complacency. Coaches, players, and fans will relax, celebrate a return to a better than 0.500 record, and then the team will be in real trouble.

I NEVER want the Bengals to lose and I do NOT believe in tanking a game. I hope the Bengals beat the Browns mercilessly. Still, a part of me hopes Cleveland keeps the game close such that the Bengals do not become complacent or develop a false sense of security.

The season isn’t lost — yet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 02:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...doesn’t mean the Cincinnati Bengals have turned their season around or ended this depressing losing streak.  

My prediction is Cincinnati handles the Browns with ease on Sunday and everyone will be lulled into a false sense of complacency.  Coaches, players, and fans will relax, celebrate a return to a better than 0.500 record, and then the team will be in real trouble.

I NEVER want the Bengals to lose and I do NOT believe in tanking a game.  I hope the Bengals beat the Browns mercilessly.  Still, a part of me hopes Cleveland keeps the game close such that the Bengals do not become complacent or develop a false sense of security.

I doubt they handle them with ease, the Browns Defense is legit.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 02:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I doubt they handle them with ease, the Browns Defense is legit.

I have to agree with this.  I live in the northern part of Ohio, so I don't get to see as many Bengals games as I do the Clowns, but in all reality, with a decent kicker and not getting the game stolen from them by the refs (against the Raiders), the Browns actually have a better record than the Bengals.  I know, I know, what ifs, but for the most part, the Browns look like they are actually trying to improve, whereas the Bengals seem to be going down.  I hope I am wrong come sunday, but we shall see.  They can't take the Clowns lightly anymore.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 02:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...doesn’t mean the Cincinnati Bengals have turned their season around or ended this depressing losing streak.  

My prediction is Cincinnati handles the Browns with ease on Sunday and everyone will be lulled into a false sense of complacency.  Coaches, players, and fans will relax, celebrate a return to a better than 0.500 record, and then the team will be in real trouble.

I NEVER want the Bengals to lose and I do NOT believe in tanking a game.  I hope the Bengals beat the Browns mercilessly.  Still, a part of me hopes Cleveland keeps the game close such that the Bengals do not become complacent or develop a false sense of security.

Bengals play inconsistent and poorly but win...."Waaa!  Waaa! Why can't the Bengals fix their problems and play 60 minutes of good football for once?"

Bengals fix their problems and play 60 minutes of good football...… "Waaa!  Waaa! Why can't the Bengals struggle so we can keep complaining about how bad they are?"
Reply/Quote

Thanks for including the disclaimer to make it look like you aren't really whining.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 02:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals play inconsistent and poorly but win...."Waaa!  Waaa! Why can't the Bengals fix their problems and play 60 minutes of good football for once?"

Bengals fix their problems and play 60 minutes of good football...… "Waaa!  Waaa! Why can't the Bengals struggle so we can keep complaining about how bad they are?"
Refresh my memory on the last time this has happened.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'd love nothing more than to see the Bengals come out running like a well tuned Ferrari V12. I'd like to beat them 42-0.

However I highly doubt that will happen, I'd say it will come down to the wire and one final mistake will tip the scales. Question is who makes it ?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 07:52 PM)McC Wrote: Refresh my memory on the last time this has happened.

1989: Cincinnati Bengals 61 Houston Oilers 7
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 03:32 PM)Beaker Wrote: Thanks for including the disclaimer to make it look like you aren't really whining.

At this point in time, complaining about the Bengals is nothing more than discussing reality.  If they stop looking like a bunch of dumb asses, people will stop saying they look like a bunch of dumb asses.  Ignoring reality does not make it go away.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: 1989:  Cincinnati Bengals 61 Houston Oilers 7

Well, our current coach would never run it up like that, on a fellow coach, like our former coach that knew how to go for the win.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
That happened nearly thirty years ago. Remember that game and the score. All too well.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:57 PM)McC Wrote:   Ignoring reality does not make it go away.

Neither does complaining.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 02:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals play inconsistent and poorly but win...."Waaa!  Waaa! Why can't the Bengals fix their problems and play 60 minutes of good football for once?"

I see where he’s coming from. I also see where your coming from. If we win, which I have to agree with Sled also because Browns are legit, we can’t (organization) think things are fixed, but must work hard to continue to get better. I’m one of the few that believes this organization wants to win but let’s be honest. They do seem to settle for stagnation and/or small improvements. Some fans are ridiculous in their thinking, but most are unhappy with the continuation of failure.

I guess in my mind, we still have a chance to win the North - but this team has made me look kinda gullible at times.

Reply/Quote

Now youve completely lost it sir
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 02:05 AM)Beaker Wrote: Neither does complaining.

Like I said, if they stop looking like a bunch of incompetent morons, people will stop calling them incompetent morons.

So, on a side note, please list a few things to be positive about.  Because, really, you're just complaining about complaining, which makes you a giant hypocrite incapable of seeing the irony in what you're doing.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 01:32 PM)McC Wrote: Like I said, if they stop looking like a bunch of incompetent morons, people will stop calling them incompetent morons.

So, on a side note, please list a few things to be positive about.  Because, really, you're just complaining about complaining, which makes you a giant hypocrite incapable of seeing the irony in what you're doing.

See, proof of how complaining doesn't help anything. Youre welcome.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 01:39 AM)Beaker Wrote: See, proof of how complaining doesn't help anything. Youre welcome.

Totally not true son, it makes a lot of us feel better, plus it gives you and Fred something to do! If only it bothered Marvin enough to ***** and actually look for and implement real solutions, I'm pretty sure we'd all feel better. ANYTHING but " we did some good things, we did some bad things" would be an improvement. What I'd really like to hear from Marvin is, this is a much more capable team than what you've seen from them so far, and I'm working hard to fix it; or they're gonna fire my ass.
Reply/Quote
The Browns will spank the Bengals with ease, it is going to be the end of an ERA that we are looking for. Marvin will be fired.
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 10:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, our current coach would never run it up like that, on a fellow coach, like our former coach that knew how to go for the win.

The 2009 Bears would disagree with that...
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 07:52 PM)McC Wrote: Refresh my memory on the last time this has happened.

At Seattle in 2011.

Vs the Giants in 2012

Vs the Patriots, Colts, and Jets in 2013

Vs the Titans and at Cleveland in 2014, and at the Saints too I think.

Most of the first 8 games of 2015

After that, it's been hit or miss at best.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote