Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beef Tips and Noodles
My wife just made this stuff and it was pretty damn good.

1 pound Sirloin Tips or Stew Meat if you're on a budget which we are
1 can of Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 4oz can of sliced mushrooms. The can will say 7oz but that's water weight
1 packet Lipton Beef Onion Soup Mix
1 cup of water

Mix it all together, coat the meat real good then bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.

Make your noodles then top the noodles with the Beef Tips and enjoy.

Add some pepper to your taste if you want.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 09:55 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: My wife just made this stuff and it was pretty damn good.

1 cup of water

Mix it all together, coat the meat real good then bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.

Looks good.  I would say that if you used a packet of McCormick's Savory Potroast seasoning, rather than the beef onion soup, you will get a richer flavor.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Sounds good.

Pretty much beef stroganoff without the sour cream.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 10:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sounds good.

Pretty much beef stroganoff without the sour cream.

That's what I was thinking, sounds like my stroganoff recipe.

Replace the mushroom soup with 8 oz of sour cream and a couple tablespoons of flour, reduce the water by a third of a cup and voila. Though I use the straight onion soup mix, not beef and onion. And no baking is involved.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 09:55 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: My wife just made this stuff and it was pretty damn good.

1 cup of water

Thanks will give this a try this weekend. When you say sirloin tips, should I get I sirloin roast and cut it up? Anybody have a suggestion on the cut of meat, thanks in advance!
Reply/Quote
When I was younger and less picky, I used to get a pack of beef Top Ramen and shoulder or chuck eye steak. I'd shave the beef (because it was so tough), fry it in some butter and then toss it into the cooked Top Ramen. For a meal under $2, it was pretty good. Even better if there were some leftover mushrooms.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 11:26 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Thanks will give this a try this weekend.  When you say sirloin tips, should I get I sirloin roast and cut it up?  Anybody have a suggestion on the cut of meat, thanks in advance!

I don't think it matters the type of beef you use, my wife uses Stew Meat which is cheap. I'm sure you could cut up a roast or whatever and use it if you like.

You know, I may try talking her into making it with a Porterhouse the next time to see how it tastes
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 11:28 PM)Benton Wrote: When I was younger and less picky, I used to get a pack of beef Top Ramen and shoulder or chuck eye steak. I'd shave the beef (because it was so tough), fry it in some butter and then toss it into the cooked Top Ramen. For a meal under $2, it was pretty good. Even better if there were some leftover mushrooms.

Chuck eye steak is delicious. Pound it out, season, brown it in a dutch oven w/ some butter then throw some tomato / spaghetti sauce in and simmer for a while. Put it over some egg noodles and you have a great meal and left overs.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 11:35 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I don't think it matters the type of beef you use, my wife uses Stew Meat which is cheap. I'm sure you could cut up a roast or whatever and use it if you like.

You know, I may try talking her into making it with a Porterhouse the next time to see how it tastes

Thanks! I will give it a worl. I've never really cut up a roast before, just cooked them whole. The stew meat I've tried never has been very good, but that's probably the way I've cooked it.

If you convince her on the porterhouse, invite us over!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 11:28 PM)Benton Wrote: When I was younger and less picky, I used to get a pack of beef Top Ramen and shoulder or chuck eye steak. I'd shave the beef (because it was so tough), fry it in some butter and then toss it into the cooked Top Ramen. For a meal under $2, it was pretty good. Even better if there were some leftover mushrooms.

.....just what kind of mushrooms are we talking about here? Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 11:35 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I don't think it matters the type of beef you use, my wife uses Stew Meat which is cheap. I'm sure you could cut up a roast or whatever and use it if you like.

I say throw all the other stuff out and eat a porterhouse steak
Reply/Quote

1 cup of water

I have made this twice and going to make it again tomorrow.  I did end up getting a chuck roast cutting it up and coating in seasoned flower.  Then brown it and then simmer it for awhile in beef broth and add a spoonful of some beef base then cook like you say. It is really good and just wanted to say thanks again. I couldn't think of what to make for dinner tomorrow and then I remembered this.  
Reply/Quote