Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Been Awhile...This Franchise is Still a Circus...What else is New?
(02-19-2018, 09:45 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Who says I'm happy? I'm highly annoyed and wish i was proven wrong. I love this team, have for nearly 30 years bro. I'm just more objective about this team and franchise than others, it doesn't make me any less of a fan.

Glad to hear, I stand corrected as I thought you seemed too giddy for being right.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Bengals will once again lose two games to the Steelers next year and won't win a playoff game.

Marv should have been fired at least 3 different times over the past 15 years. Only place he would have survived in all professional and college sports is with the Bengals.

Explain why anyone should be optimistic when nothing ever changes despite the same results year after year after year after year.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 12:01 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Bengals will once again lose two games to the Steelers next year and won't win a playoff game.

Marv should have been fired at least 3 different times over the past 15 years. Only place he would have survived in all professional and college sports is with the Bengals.

Explain why anyone should be optimistic when nothing ever changes despite the same results year after year after year after year.

We replaced the worst O-line coach in the NFL with arguably the best up and coming O-line coach in the NFL.

Our O-line was our biggest weakness.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2018, 02:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No perhaps about it, Lawson was a great pick.

For sure and the reason we were able to get him in the 4th round was because of his injuries.

That is the thing, some could of argued Lawson was as injury prone or more-so than John Ross at the time.

The Draft is such a crapshoot which makes even more sense to make smart moves in FA.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2018, 10:29 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm pinning my hopes for this franchise on Pollack getting max potential out of the O-line.

If they can fix it and Lazor gets a productive offense scheme in place then I'd be happy because it's the achilles of the team.

If a linebacker is available as BPA in the first round they better snatch him up.

My optimism is still in a mire when it comes to Marvin though.  As a fan I don't believe he has what it takes to win it all.

Dalton could catch fire like Flacco, Eli, or other QBs who have a short spurt of greatness.  

So I'm still somewhat optimistic about him, if the above mentioned is addressed.

But hey... ya know...  some(cough cough)don't think that about Dalton.

This is pretty much exactly where I'm at. Pollack gets me excited about the line, then I start thinking playoffs, then I remember who our HC is.

I'm not optimistic about any Bengals QB going on a tear in the playoffs though. Again...the HC. Marv is the anti-Doug Pederson. I wish we could've landed Frank Reich or Matt Nagy. Ah well.

(02-19-2018, 10:49 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I feel like we all want to be hopeful. But then, Mike does Mike things like re-sign Marv and now our collective nutsacks feel like they've been kicked by Bruce Lee.

So same ole.

Exactly. Every so-called negative poster has had many positive posts on these boards. Give me something to be positive about, and I'll sing it's praises.

I'm not one to spin a negative into a positive just for the sake of being positive though. Certainly not with a sports team.

It makes me feel better to "be real" about it. Accept the reality and face it head on.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 04:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We replaced the worst O-line coach in the NFL with arguably the best up and coming O-line coach in the NFL.

Our O-line was our biggest weakness.

I will grasp at that straw but I have seen the same story over and over.

They are not going any where in playoffs ( assuming they get a wild card) so long as Marvin is the head coach and - I hate to say it because he is such a fine man and human being- so long as Dalton is QB.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Geno and Dunlop. If I was one of those two I would not re-sign.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2018, 03:21 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Welcome back homie.  I also took a few years off and typically don't participate as much as before.

As others have said, most of us agree on 85% of the issues with this franchise....no point in continuing to debate the same few disagreements over and over again!

Corner- I was in the group that got mad at you for being too  negative.

I was wrong.

I apologize.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 06:23 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I will grasp at that straw but I have seen the same story over and over.

They are not going any where in playoffs ( assuming they get a wild card) so long as Marvin is the head coach and - I hate to say it because he is such a fine man and human being- so long as Dalton is QB.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Geno and Dunlop. If I was one of those two I would not re-sign.

This is not the same story with Pollack.

If it was the same story we would still have Paul Alexander here and i would be right there with you.

This team still won 13 games the last 2 years with this clown pretty much sabotaging the team.

Agree about Playoffs, the writing is on the wall with Merv. He cannot win once we get there but i think we will
be one and done in the playoffs once again next year. Sad this is all we can hope for until we move on from him.

The good news is that we have Pollack, Van Pelt, Austin and Lazor waiting in the wings as the HC replacement.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 07:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is not the same story with Pollack.

If it was the same story we would still have Paul Alexander here and i would be right there with you.

This team still won 13 games the last 2 years with this clown pretty much sabotaging the team.

Agree about Playoffs, the writing is on the wall with Merv. He cannot win once we get there but i think we will
be one and done in the playoffs once again next year. Sad this is all we can hope for until we move on from him.

The good news is that we have Pollack, Van Pelt, Austin and Lazor waiting in the wings as the HC replacement.

I hope you are right.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 07:15 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I hope you are right.

I think there is a reason why all these guys came here, it wasn't just money.

Merv is a lame coach and there is only 32 of these jobs in the world.
Reply/Quote
Welcome back, unless you’ve been living under a rock this team is still ran by incompetent morons.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Apathy is at all all time high.

F--k Mike Brown and this team. Arrogant and snug doesn't even begin to describe. Can't wait to see the Bengals stadium be as bad as San Frans was 2 years ago. Only difference will be that Jer York would have at least tried lie to people that he looked in the miroor. Mike Brown will just moan about how hard it is for him to be an owner of an low market team.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2018, 05:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: By the individual. Some choose to see half empty, some choose to see half full. 
And some choose to judge how others see.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 02:43 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Apathy is at all all time high.

F--k Mike Brown and this team. Arrogant and snug doesn't even begin to describe. Can't wait to see the Bengals stadium be as bad as San Frans was 2 years ago. Only difference will be that Jer York would have at least tried lie to people that he looked in the miroor. Mike Brown will just moan about how hard it is for him to be an owner of an low market team.

Mike will always try and point the finger at the fans when things seem bad. Dude is a ***** cancer.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote