Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Been There, Done That!
Back in 1989, when the Bengals had a 'real' football owner, they lost the SB, in similar fashion, to another HC named Bill, and a QB named Joe, only it didn't go to OT and they didn't lose after a 19 point lead.
Reply/Quote
The Falcons meltdown reminded me of something the Bengals would pull.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 12:56 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Back in 1989, when the Bengals had a 'real' football owner, they lost the SB, in similar fashion, to another HC named Bill, and a QB named Joe, only it didn't go to OT and they didn't lose after a 19 point lead.

So, it's kinda the same, but it's not?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 12:56 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Back in 1989, when the Bengals had a 'real' football owner, they lost the SB, in similar fashion, to another HC named Bill, and a QB named Joe, only it didn't go to OT and they didn't lose after a 19 point lead.

So you're saying they are not similar
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Huh?

Aside from one team losing, there were no similarities between tonight and SB XXIII.  Plus it was a 25 point lead, not 19
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 01:00 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Huh?

Aside from one team losing, there were no similarities between tonight and SB XXIII.  Plus it was a 25 point lead, not 19

I'd say there were similarities. On the cusp of winning a first ever championship, only to have it snatched away by a legendary QB. The Falcons had an MVP QB and a couple good RBs.

I feel for ATL.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I could only imagine how it feels to be a Falcons fan tonight. That must've felt like the WC loss multiplied by 100.
Reply/Quote
Marvin gives that Atlanta Meltdown 5 Giggles out of 5. Epic!
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 12:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So you're saying they are not similar

O for crying out loud, they both lost to elite coaches and QBs, and anyone with any football moxy knew those elite QBs were going to march right down the field and beat them like they did.

Does EVERYTHING need to be spelled out in here??

The season is now officially over. 

For Bengal fans, next year will be more of the same, as will be the year after, and the year after that. 

Yes, I will continue to follow and root for them regardless!

I'll see you again for the preseason!
Reply/Quote
This is worse than anything that ever happened to us. It's like the Chargers game in 06 at PBS (where the Bengals blew a 3 touchdown lead) except with the Super Bowl on the line. Screw Manumaleuna.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 12:57 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Falcons meltdown reminded me of something the Bengals would pull.

First of all the Bengals (ML) could not hang with either of these teams! Secondly the meltdown began when some dumbass (Zamp) called a play with an empty backfield and only 1 yard to go for a first down. I was yelling at the TV to run it as the Falcons almost always got at least a yard on running plays. Then they went into that soft (Bengal like) defense and I said then this does not look good. So in many ways this game did remind me of Bengal football. Sad Sad Sad Also, I have little hope for next season -- same circus, same clowns.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 01:28 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Marvin  gives that Atlanta Meltdown 5 Giggles out of 5. Epic!

He was interviewed after the game and said "They just need to play better...."
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 03:52 AM)Derrick Wrote: First of all the Bengals (ML) could not hang with either of these teams! Secondly the meltdown began when some dumbass (Zamp) called a play with an empty backfield and only 1 yard to go for a first down. I was yelling at the TV to run it as the Falcons almost always got at least a yard on running plays. Then they went into that soft (Bengal like) defense and I said then this does not look good. So in many ways this game did remind me of Bengal football. Sad Sad Sad Also, I have little hope for next season -- same circus, same clowns.

Yep. The Bengals find a way to lose...just like the Falcons did.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 02:06 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: O for crying out loud, they both lost to elite coaches and QBs, and anyone with any football moxy knew those elite QBs were going to march right down the field and beat them like they did.

Does EVERYTHING need to be spelled out in here??

The season is now officially over. 

For Bengal fans, next year will be more of the same, as will be the year after, and the year after that. 

Yes, I will continue to follow and root for them regardless!

I'll see you again for the preseason!

When they were down 16, you had to think "ok, this is Brady, he can do it if anyone can".  Then when the Patriots got the ball in overtime, they could have just stopped the game... no question Brady was going to take them down for the win.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 02:13 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: When they were down 16, you had to think "ok, this is Brady, he can do it if anyone can".  Then when the Patriots got the ball in overtime, they could have just stopped the game... no question Brady was going to take them down for the win.

Just like Montana did in 1989.
Reply/Quote
The 2010's Bengals are totally the 90's Buffalo Bills of the Wild Card round!
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 02:39 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Just like Montana did in 1989.

Do you know what Joe Montana said in the huddle before taking the 49ers down the field against the Bengals? He pointed into the stands and said, "Look! There's John Candy!"

It's true. No pressure. He knew.
Reply/Quote
It was similar....the Falcons had a shot at a game ending INT....instead Edelman makes a spectacular catch.  We had one in our hands in 89....only to drop it and watch an epic march down the field by our opponent.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 12:57 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Falcons meltdown reminded me of something the Bengals would pull.

Was it a meltdown.....or a genius adjusting to what his opponent was doing to him?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 11:47 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: It was similar....the Falcons had a shot at a game ending INT....instead Edelman makes a spectacular catch.  We had one in our hands in 89....only to drop it and watch an epic march down the field by our opponent.

It's not like Cincinnati can't do that. Look at the 31 points the Bengals scored in the second quarter during the 2013 home game against the Browns!

Oh, okay, yes, I know it was the Browns...

...but what about the 2015 comeback against the Seahawks?
Reply/Quote