Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beer Of Choice?
Let's hear it, fellas. What are your favorite beers?

Personally, I'm a casualty of the craft beer craze. I'd have it no other way though. I still dig a few classic beers. Corona (I know...you all think it's dirty) Guinness, and Stella are probably my favorite.

I'm really digging the local beer scene in Cincinnati though. MadTree and Rhinegeist make some great drinks and drinking them right where they're brewed can't be beat. Plus you get the benefit of supporting the local industry.

My favorite beer right now though is Kona Castaway. If you have a chance to try it, it's worth your time.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 10:38 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Let's hear it, fellas.  What are your favorite beers?

Personally, I'm a casualty of the craft beer craze.  I'd have it no other way though.  I still dig a few classic beers.  Corona (I know...you all think it's dirty) Guinness, and Stella are probably my favorite.

I'm really digging the local beer scene in Cincinnati though.  MadTree and Rhinegeist make some great drinks and drinking them right where they're brewed can't be beat.  Plus you get the benefit of supporting the local industry.

My favorite beer right now though is Kona Castaway.  If you have a chance to try it, it's worth your time.

cheap, get drunk beer: Natty Boh (National Bohemian, unofficial beer of the Ravens and O's)

Big Three (Bud, Miller, Coors): Coors Light

A little more serious: Stella or Killians

Craft: Yards Thomas Jefferson's Tavern Ale (Philly)
Heavy Seas Loose Cannon (Baltimore)
Victory Golden Monkey (Outside of Philly)
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Tried and true Busch Light! That's all you'll find in my fridge. But my going out beer is Bud Light.

My favorite dark beer has been Breckenridge Vanilla Porter. But I've recently discovered this new beer from Left Hand brewing called Nitro. It's a milk stout that's really smooth. Good stuff for something different.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 11:03 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Tried and true Busch Light!  That's all you'll find in my fridge.  But my going out beer is Bud Light.

My favorite dark beer has been Breckenridge Vanilla Porter.  But I've recently discovered this new beer from Left Hand brewing called Nitro.  It's a milk stout that's really smooth.  Good stuff for something different.

I got to try Left Hand Milk Stout recently. It was a pretty good brew.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
I'm more of a quantity over quality guy.

The only thing I have drank (relatively speaking) over the last 20 years is Natty Light.

I will say if I must put on airs, I'll order an Asahi or a Landshark
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Current favorite mass produced Sweetwater 420.

I can deal with most any good craft beer, but tend toward the ambers and blondes. On occasion, I can get a taste for something darker.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 11:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm more of a quantity over quality guy.

The only thing I have drank (relatively speaking) over the last 20 years is Natty Light.

I will say if I must put on airs, I'll order an Asahi or a Landshark

I drank Natty Light constantly at parties and such. Partially because it's cheap and partially because you can drink a ton of it before you're drunk. Now that I have a small child, I don't party as much and have gotten to the "social drinking" phase of life, and I've developed a taste for much stronger beer.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
Michelob used to make a really smooth dark beer years ago. I don't see it around here anymore. For something not very pricey it was decent.

Yuengling and Amstel are fine too.

I'll drink Miller Lite for cheap stuff. Corona when the mood hits.

I try to stay away from that Blue Moon stuff. Orange doesn't belong in beer IMO.

I'm not a fan of beer that has a lot of different odd ingredients in it. One time I bought some like that and I couldn't give it away it was so bad.

In fact I took it to a big party put it in the fridge and drank something else! Kind of dick move on my part.

That crap tasted like an old lady spilled her perfume bottle in it. Just awful. I think it had banana in it. Barf.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I can't drink much beer. Diabetes limits me to rum and Diet Coke - 0 carbs. Cry
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 11:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Current favorite mass produced Sweetwater 420.

I can deal with most any good craft beer, but tend toward the ambers and blondes.  On occasion, I can get a taste for something darker.

420? Huh. ThumbsUp
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 10:38 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Let's hear it, fellas.  What are your favorite beers?

Personally, I'm a casualty of the craft beer craze.  I'd have it no other way though.  I still dig a few classic beers.  Corona (I know...you all think it's dirty) Guinness, and Stella are probably my favorite.

I'm really digging the local beer scene in Cincinnati though.  MadTree and Rhinegeist make some great drinks and drinking them right where they're brewed can't be beat.  Plus you get the benefit of supporting the local industry.

My favorite beer right now though is Kona Castaway.  If you have a chance to try it, it's worth your time.

Kind of like Sunset here and lean towards the ambers and blondes which is generally against the grain of my friends.

Never have tried Kona Castaway. Yet have some fond memories of some Kona Gold bud back in the day.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The Anchor beers outta SF are my favorite. I guess I like Anchor Steam the best. I can get used to about any beer though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 11:25 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I can't drink much beer.  Diabetes limits me to rum and Diet Coke - 0 carbs.  Cry

I'm also diabetic, though only just past the pre-diabetes stage. I have beer on occasion, like once a month and usually only one at a time. There are exceptions, like Oktoberfest. I'm German after all. Smirk
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 09:11 AM)jason Wrote: The Anchor beers outta SF are my favorite.  I guess I like Anchor Steam the best.  I can get used to about any beer though.

I was just about to mention Anchor Steam. I just got back from San Fran a couple of weeks ago. Discovered it about half way through my Cali trip in Monterrey while having oysters on the pier. Threw back several more before I came back home.
Reply/Quote
[quote='BengalHawk62' pid='6567' dateline='1432605818']
Tried and true Busch Light!  That's all you'll find in my fridge.  But my going out beer is Bud Light.

This is me also. Except an occasinal Amberbock on draft when I find it.
Reply/Quote
I'm a huge fan of Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. The stout isn't bad either
Reply/Quote
I am either drinking beer brewed here where I live, or I am drinking something from the land of my ancestors, Germany.

I live in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, and we have three, soon to be four, breweries in town and a handful more within an hour's driving time. So I have a lot of extremely local beer to sample. One of the breweries has their taproom int he downstairs part of my apartment building. It's a very tempting situation. All four of the taprooms are in walking (stumbling) distance from where I live.

I am a big fan of German style beers. I like malty beers, not too hoppy. Kolsch, Schwarzbier, Bock, and Roggenbier are my favorite styles, whether locally made or in Germany.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Oskar Blues Ten Fidy is probably my favorite beer if I absolutely HAD to pick one. But, being a nerdy craft enthusiast, it's near impossible to choose just 1 beer.
Ballast Point Victory at Sea
Great Lakes Chillwave Double IPA
Flying Monkeys Chocolate Manifesto
Dark Horse Plead the 5th
Bell's Hopslam
Bell's Third Coast Old Ale
Weyerbacher Merry Monks

Those are just some of my favorites of the more readily available "popular" crafts.

Basically, high ABV usually (but not always) makes for a quality brew. I'll drink imperial stouts, porters, RIS, and IPAs year round. I prefer the dark and heavy room temperature beers for the colder months. In the summer, I'm a huge fan of basically any Belgian (dubbel, tripel, quad, witbier are my favs), those styles really hit the spot at a BBQ. Having a beer cellar for aging my barleywines, stouts, and other high ABV stuff is a nice addition to my life as I never had that before becoming a homeowner a couple of years ago. Living in an upstairs apartment sort of put a damper on that.

It's hard for me to look at the big macros the same after becoming so involved in the craft community. Domestic lagers aren't even really palatable for me anymore.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 11:08 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am either drinking beer brewed here where I live, or I am drinking something from the land of my ancestors, Germany.

I live in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, and we have three, soon to be four, breweries in town and a handful more within an hour's driving time. So I have a lot of extremely local beer to sample. One of the breweries has their taproom int he downstairs part of my apartment building. It's a very tempting situation. All four of the taprooms are in walking (stumbling) distance from where I live.

I am a big fan of German style beers. I like malty beers, not too hoppy. Kolsch, Schwarzbier, Bock, and Roggenbier are my favorite styles, whether locally made or in Germany.

Do you, by any chance, live in Staunton VA? I was at Shenandoah NP last summer and stayed in a cabin there. We stopped at one of the breweries in town and I recall there being a couple more close by.

It's a nice little area. If that's where you stay, you're a lucky guy.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 11:54 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Oskar Blues Ten Fidy is probably my favorite beer if I absolutely HAD to pick one. But, being a nerdy craft enthusiast, it's near impossible to choose just 1 beer.
Ballast Point Victory at Sea
Great Lakes Chillwave Double IPA
Flying Monkeys Chocolate Manifesto
Dark Horse Plead the 5th
Bell's Hopslam
Bell's Third Coast Old Ale
Weyerbacher Merry Monks

Those are just some of my favorites of the more readily available "popular" crafts.

Basically, high ABV usually (but not always) makes for a quality brew. I'll drink imperial stouts, porters, RIS, and IPAs year round. I prefer the dark and heavy room temperature beers for the colder months. In the summer, I'm a huge fan of basically any Belgian (dubbel, tripel, quad, witbier are my favs), those styles really hit the spot at a BBQ. Having a beer cellar for aging my barleywines, stouts, and other high ABV stuff is a nice addition to my life as I never had that before becoming a homeowner a couple of years ago. Living in an upstairs apartment sort of put a damper on that.

It's hard for me to look at the big macros the same after becoming so involved in the craft community. Domestic lagers aren't even really palatable for me anymore.
All excellent choices my friend.

You mention summer beers, have you had White Rascal by Avery? I admire your set up.

BTW a friend if mine works for Oskar Blues.
Reply/Quote