Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Before Everybody Jumps Ship
I was actually impressed with how the team held up after the turnovers.  How many times have we seen them fold after a couple of turnovers or bad series?  Even with a loss, I'm gaining more and more confidence in this team every week.  Lazor has a good scheme, and is calling good games.

Teams are neutralizing the pass rush with quick throws.  LB play seems to be the main issue right now, and that should improve in the coming weeks.

All in all, tough loss on the road, but they were right in the thick of it until very late in the game.  We should be fine.....especially if we can pull off the upset in ATL.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They gave the ball up 4 times, gave over 200 yards on the ground, and still were competitive throughout the game. I'm nowhere close to giving up on this team.

We were pretty banged up, and missing some BIG playmakers, and still fighting a really solid NFC team with a star QB.

I STILL believe in Ross. Someone has to! He just has too much talent and speed to just stop throwing to him. He needs to fight throughout the whole game, trust that Dalton will get him the ball, and bounce back. I'm just asking for ONE solid to big game, and I believe he can carry from there.

Edit: I will say what worries me the most is this defensive front.. where in the world is the pressure? That was a game where you were facing an emotional QB who loses his mind when he's getting knocked around. We supposedly have a great line to take advantage of that.
Reply/Quote
Like others have said we weren't going undefeated anyways, I'm not jumping ship just yet. We were in the game despite a very poor showing by the D and to many interceptions.

I'm keeping the faith
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 11:00 AM)grampahol Wrote: Andy can trade scores, but not entirely by himself. I've yet to see a team comprised of just a QB against 11 guys win..The other 21 kind of have to...you know ...do their part. 

I hope you understand there are elite QB's that can carry a team far better/greater than AD and, yes, can trade scores with 4-5 TD's being scored, by being able to keep more plays alive and thread the needle better.  No knock on AD as he had a pretty good game.Point being he's NEVER going to be that guy and that's fine because any semblance of a defense yesterday and they probably win that game...
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 11:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: I was actually impressed with how the team held up after the turnovers.  How many times have we seen them fold after a couple of turnovers or bad series?  Even with a loss, I'm gaining more and more confidence in this team every week.  Lazor has a good scheme, and is calling good games.

Teams are neutralizing the pass rush with quick throws.  LB play seems to be the main issue right now, and that should improve in the coming weeks.

All in all, tough loss on the road, but they were right in the thick of it until very late in the game.  We should be fine.....especially if we can pull off the upset in ATL.

Completely agree. As bad as the D was yesterday, I really thought we had a shot. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 12:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Completely agree. As bad as the D was yesterday, I really thought we had a shot. 

Me too.....and why?  Because this offense is aggressive and confident.  It's almost like a complete flip from last season....

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 12:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: Me too.....and why?  Because this offense is aggressive and confident.  It's almost like a complete flip from last season....

Not having 2 TO's at the end of the 1st half also killed them.....I knew blowing those early would kill a drive...
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 10:34 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: We played a relatively ugly game, without RB1/WR1/C/2 LBs, and kept it respectable

It was a good game, you're not going to win them all. Hell, even if we drop the game to Atlanta, if you told me we'd start 2-2 I'd have taken it. Team just needs to keep grinding and getting better.

I can't help it but add some logical cliche. Here it goes:

The only way you get respect in the NFL is by winning. Hmm Hmm Hmm

I am confident we will keep on winning and the NFL is a grinding sport till the end, hopefully we make it through the grind. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I can understand being upset after a loss (hell, I am especially considering we could've won this game had the defense just maybe shown up in the first half), but anyone considering jumping ship after a loss is not going to be a fan of ANY team for very long considering in the entire history of the NFL there's only been, what, 2 teams that never lost a regular season game?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 12:37 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Not having 2 TO's at the end of the 1st half also killed them.....I knew blowing those early would kill a drive...

Those were huge, no doubt......

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 10:26 AM)Benton Wrote: As has been said, our defense didn't match up well with their offense. I'm not too worried about it as A- the Bengals stayed in the game and B- there's not many offenses built like Carolina's.

If I had to throw a C in there, it would be that we were going to have to lose to someone; at least this one wasn't to a team in the N.
This.  Some teams aren't built to play certain teams. they don't match up well.   Bengals are built to play AFC North, not this complete opposite Cam Newton offense. Bengals don't play them again unless in Super Bowl.   As for our D problems, Ravens and Steelers have been having huge D problems. I'm seeing most defenses struggling early on, and the new ticky tacky rules aren't helping as per the Packers outspoken players & coach. It's early, and there will be good defenses before this season is over.  Up next is Ryan who is more like Luck or Flacco than Cam Newton, so I think we match up better. It's still a tough road game, but I think Bengals match up better.  Hey, I saw this with Ohio State so often. Great season and get beat in Rose Bowl or down South against fast surf and turf teams. You have to build to play in the snow and slop up here, a surf and turf team would get killed in the Great Lakes North in Winter Football. Gamblers agree, in snow, always take the Northern team.

So Bengals still in First Place, the D should match up better with a Ryan who is no Cam Newton runner, and I've felt all along this team will get better each week this season. That is what you want really, be around First Place and hit your peak in November and December going into play-offs.  I saw Jets one year come out great and fall apart, you don't want that. You want to improve until you hit your peak Thanksgiving and Christmas. Bengals going into October will still have 7 of their 8 home games in THE JUNGLE to do this. 

As for elite quarterbacks, Brady and Rodgers weren't very elite yesterday. Someone on here last week said Brees isn't any good, Wrong. Right now everybody loves Browns one half wonder, but NFL now has game film on him now and NFL defenses will adjust on him. It takes more than one half to make a career. To the person that says Dalton never brings team back to win, that's just not true. Dalton brought Bengals back to beat Ravens end of year, then brought Bengals back to beat Colts start of year and then Ravens again. Under Dalton Bengals scored more points their first 2 games than in all the teams 51 year history. Now say this franchise hasn't won in play-offs, and that's true, but Dalton will end up with more wins than any Bengal QB before he's done. He might have did it yesterday if Ross completes his routes. I'm not giving up on Ross though, I consider him still a rookie due to injuries. Losing AJ Green hurt, I'm not crying or making excuses, just saying Ross is no Green yet.

Again, when Atkins and Dunlap came in, Cam could run through the gaps in a way few NFL QBs can. I think Atkins and Dunlap going after Ryan that Ryan doesn't make Cam type runs. Bengals D matches up better hopefully against Falcons pocket QB more like Luck & Flacco than Cam. I know Ryan has some surprising speed like Dalton, but Ryan is no Jim Brown size runner like Cam.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I think the only quit was Ross on a couple of routes resulting in interceptions. I wasn’t able to watch the game, but have heard replays of Lapham ripping into Ross.

When the schedule came out, I had this one as a loss, so I’m not upset at all about it. Won’t surprise me to lose against the Falcons either. Now if we also lose at home to the Dolphins.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 01:43 PM)bjf123 Wrote: I think the only quit was Ross on a couple of routes resulting in interceptions. I wasn’t able to watch the game, but have heard replays of Lapham ripping into Ross.

When the schedule came out, I had this one as a loss, so I’m not upset at all about it. Won’t surprise me to lose against the Falcons either. Now if we also lose at home to the Dolphins.......

Don't worry about that one.  I've been to 4 games in my life, and they haven't lost once.  I'll be at the Dolphins game.   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 02:11 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Don't worry about that one.  I've been to 4 games in my life, and they haven't lost once.  I'll be at the Dolphins game.   ThumbsUp

Then why aren’t you a season ticket holder? And a roadie? Some fan you are!

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 02:16 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Then why aren’t you a season ticket holder?  And a roadie?  Some fan you are!

Well if you'd all like to chip in, I'd be happy to buy season tickets.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
the Pats and Vikings lost to very inferior teams.
we lost a potential playoff team with a Dangerous QB and up and coming RB.
guarentee if VB and PB are on the field those cut back lanes are null and void.
Reply/Quote
I never got on the ship, so no need to jump off.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 04:06 AM)kevin Wrote: 1. The Panthers are a good team
2. The Panthers don't lose in Carolina
3. The Bengals maybe don't match up that well with Panthers college type offense.
4. The Bengals were in this game down one score up to the last minutes and that field goal.
5. The Bengals start 3 out of first 4 games on the road, so a loss somewhere was expected.
6. I think the 2018 Bengals are a team that gets better under new coaches as season goes along.
7. The Bengals will end week 3 in First Place in AFC North with tie breaker over Ravens.
8. I think Bengals match up better with pocket QB Ryan next week than Cam who can kill a pass rush.  
9. Other AFC North teams will lose to Panthers
10. If you don't go 16-0, at least this loss is not AFC North or even AFC in wild card setback.  

So Bengals didn't win, but there was NO QUIT. That may not mean Jack to some on here, but NO QUIT is very important part of any form of football from pee wee on up.  The game was close up to the last minutes. When they stripped the ball from Cam late in game, had Bengals fell on the fumble near goal line, but they didn't. As I said before game on predictions thread, If I was a gambler I would have bet on Panthers, but I'm not a gambler and a Bengals Fan.  I DO NOT see this as a team we should have beat easy, far from it.

Bengals are still in First Place. I'm rooting for Tampa to beat Steelers Monday Night. Then rooting for Bengals to get a tough road win in Atlanta. If Bengals win 1 of the 2 NFC South road games, and go 3-1 start in First Place, that's a good start.

11. Bengals will be getting Burfict & injured players back
12. Bengals still have 7 home games in THE JUNGLE due to 3 of first 4 games on the road.

NO QUIT.  GO FIRST PLACE BENGALS.

So what your saying is don't do what John Ross did when Dalton was intercepted with the pass he threw to him in the 4th quarter yesterday?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 09:10 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: When we get Burfict, Brown, Price, and Mixon back...this is a different team.  Then everyone can get back on the ship.

Screw that man...I'm jumpin!! I don't want to be on solid ground when the sky falls and crushes everyone. I wanna be in the water where it's safe!!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I can handle the loss. It's the injuries that were devastating.

Reminiscent of the massacre in 2006?
And anyone who remembers the Detroit D knows, this D won't get much better. Detroit D couldn't stop our 2017 offense to make the playoffs. That should have told us everything we needed to know about Austin's scheme.

Marvin only succeeds with Coordinators that he brings in from the outside. Never when he brings in his friends.

Interesting to see how Hobspins the play of Nickerson whom we all know is starting because of Marvins relationship with his pops. What are they paying big money to V.Rey for again?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote