Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Before and Now
(10-20-2019, 07:20 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm not against benching Dalton and seeing what we have in Finley and also Dolegala, for that matter.

But I really don't see this coaching staff being successful with the Bengals. Taylor has the worst start for a HC in Bengals history and his record just gets bigger every game.

Agree mostly,

But who knows ? Perhaps Finley will be just the spark this team needs ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 07:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree mostly,

But who knows ? Perhaps Finley will be just the spark this team needs ?

This team needs a mighty big spark though.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 07:28 PM)BengalChris Wrote: This team needs a mighty big spark though.

A Nuclear f#$%$g explosion !

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way trying to suggest Finley is going to save the season. Or be the next Rodgers.

But we know exactly what AD is. And he's not part of the solution. 
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 07:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: A Nuclear f#$%$g explosion !

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way trying to suggest Finley is going to save the season. Or be the next Rodgers.

But we know exactly what AD is. And he's not part of the solution. 

We're on pace to give up 3000+ yards rushing on defense thru 7 games. Why not play Finley?

Then a guy like LJ Fort who I wanted us to sign is looking good for the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 07:28 PM)BengalChris Wrote: This team needs a mighty big spark though.

Sparks don't help if you have no talent. 
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 07:51 PM)Destro Wrote: Sparks don't help if you have no talent. 

The team has plenty of talent. It's underperforming due to coaching.

The offensive line had 4 starters from last years line playing...the one where Mixon led the AFC in rushing.

On defense, our line and secondary have talent.

It's coaching.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 07:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm talking out of 7. Coaching is probably our biggest issue.

We're on pace to give up 3000+ yards rushing. Our defense has good players at most spots. The coaches have destroyed the team.
Yeah got; it still a sad state of affairs if you need him to win 3 or 4 games.
(10-20-2019, 07:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The team has plenty of talent. It's underperforming due to coaching.

The offensive line had 4 starters from last years line playing...the one where Mixon led the AFC in rushing.

It's coaching.
Hold on that's a very liberal take on the Offensive line situation. We're missing our entire left side of the line from last season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 07:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The team has plenty of talent. It's underperforming due to coaching.

It's coaching.

Going to have to disagree. The fall off is tremendous. Coaching doesn't make you fold up every time you get pushed by a D Linemen. Scheme isn't going to overcome that. Have a RB chip and TE help and you're left with a couple of options, with 1.23 seconds, who drop the ball. I saw lineman with their hands on their hips before plays were even over. Poor performers who don't even try. 
Reply/Quote
Bad players + solid coach = 6-10
Bad players + bad coach = 0-16?

Most of all, terrible owner/GM = 28 years without a playoff win and the most 0-6 starts during the same time frame.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:23 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Tua's just faking a injury so we don't draft him.

Boy! Is he ever in for a big surprise if faking injury is his master plan to avoid the Bengals.. Hilarious  if that's the case then he's obviously not paid attention to Bengals recent draft history..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 07:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We'd have 3 or 4 wins with Belicheck.

It's funny though that you blame the roster construction, then go on to say that we'll get good picks which will upgrade the roster. WHO do you think is going to make the picks? Yeah the same people that constructed the current roster.

We'll probably take Burrow who I see projected going in the 20's at 1.

I imagine ZT will have more of a say this offseason. 
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
It's not going to happen, but it's what's needed.

[Image: WE12.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:39 PM)Adamantium Wrote: I imagine ZT will have more of a say this offseason. 

Who's to say he didn't last year? I'd imagine he signed off on Preston Brown. They brought in free agents from teams his new coaches came from.
Reply/Quote
The entire roster is regressing. Our once promising young players are now terrible.

We might give up 3000 yards rushing on defense:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:01 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Before we could expect a bad Andy day here and there. They happened.

Under Taylor it's just been one bad Andy day after another.

It's not just Dalton who has gotten worse, the RBs ran for a total of 2 yards today. I don't remember ever seeing that in any football game in all my many, many years.

Taylor has been a cluster-f'k.

The players want out, which reminds me of the 90s. Glenn clearly wants out. Dalton plays like he's given up. Aj Green remains in extended rehab. Westerman and Boling got out early.

Who we gonna blame next year? The team sucks man... AND they're truly poorly coached now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Who's to say he didn't last year? I'd imagine he signed off on Preston Brown. They brought in free agents from teams his new coaches came from.

I don't think any Bengals coach has much free say on what to do with Mike's money. We didn't sign anyone worth anything.

I think we brought in Taylor because he was young and easy to manipulate. He probably wouldn't have gotten a shot elsewhere.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 07:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're on pace to give up 3000+ yards rushing on defense thru 7 games. Why not play Finley?

Then a guy like LJ Fort who I wanted us to sign is looking good for the Ravens.

You're gonna see several guys leave here and look good elsewhere.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:42 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: It's not going to happen, but it's what's needed.

[Image: WE12.jpg]

Is the Brown family somewhere in that explosion? If not, it's all for naught.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:39 PM)Adamantium Wrote: I imagine ZT will have more of a say this offseason. 

Doubtful as he clearly hasn't earned a bigger say.

Reply/Quote