Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Beginning to worry about Sam Hubbard
Zac says nothing is wrong but he was held out of practice 2 consecutive days last week. He didn't practice yesterday and he is out again today. Zac claims he is getting the young guys reps. But, if that was true, you would think he would be rotating Sam and Trey.

I might be alarmed for nothing but it is something to keep an eye on

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
They said he went through individual drills today. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 04:28 PM)pally Wrote: Zac says nothing is wrong but he was held out of practice 2 consecutive days last week.  He didn't practice yesterday and he is out again today.  Zac claims he is getting the young guys reps.  But, if that was true, you would think he would be rotating Sam and Trey.

Practiced just didn't run 11 on 11.
Reply/Quote
Got a batch of bad chili. Staying to himself and the porta john.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Zac said he was holding Hubbard out simply because he wanted to give the new guys most all the reps so they could see what they have. Nothing wrong with Sam, nothing to see here.....
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 04:28 PM)pally Wrote: Zac says nothing is wrong but he was held out of practice 2 consecutive days last week. He didn't practice yesterday and he is out again today. Zac claims he is getting the young guys reps. But, if that was true, you would think he would be rotating Sam and Trey.

You know he came out today in full gear, Pally Wink.

He's ok.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
So...I don't know a better way to say this than: Preseason is largely pointless for veterans. They stay in shape year round.

It's a huge risk of injury. Look at all the guys around the league getting injured.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 09:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Zac said he was holding Hubbard out simply because he wanted to give the new guys most all the reps so they could see what they have. Nothing wrong with Sam, nothing to see here.....

are they holding Hendrickson out as well?
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 09:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: are they holding Hendrickson out as well?

no, they haven't been.  In fact, the talk is about what an outstanding camp Hendrickson has been having.  My concern is exactly that.  Why hold out only Sam when we have Trey with a history of back issues not alternating the rest periods? The young guys have to back up Trey too.

It is not normal for a healthy starter not to participate in 11 on 11 drills at all over 4 consecutive practices (intermixed with 2 rest days and a game) even if he is a veteran.   

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 10:16 AM)pally Wrote: no, they haven't been.  In fact, the talk is about what an outstanding camp Hendrickson has been having.  My concern is exactly that.  Why hold out only Sam when we have Trey with a history of back issues not alternating the rest periods? The young guys have to back up Trey too.

It is not normal for a healthy starter not to participate in 11 on 11 drills at all over 4 consecutive practices (intermixed with 2 rest days and a game) even if he is a veteran.   

Personal preference? Maybe Trey refuses to sit while Hubbard enjoys taking it easy and the light workload? I dont know? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 09:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: are they holding Hendrickson out as well?

All I'm saying is that was Zac's answer when asked about it. He wants to see the young guys get the reps.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 11:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: All I'm saying is that was Zac's answer when asked about it. He wants to see the young guys get the reps.

I got it.... but doesnt make a ton of sense.

Something else might be going on
Reply/Quote
I've seen numerous videos of him going to the practice field suited up. Doesn't look like there's anything wrong with him to me. Not worried.
Reply/Quote
Maybe you are telepathically linked with Mitchel Trubisky?
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 11:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I've seen numerous videos of him going to the practice field suited up. Doesn't look like there's anything wrong with him to me. Not worried.

Maybe he's just lazy and whoever the talent evaluator was at the combine should have recognized his heart's not really into playing football............ Ninja 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 10:55 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Personal preference? Maybe Trey refuses to sit while Hubbard enjoys taking it easy and the light workload? I dont know? 

Keep in mind that Trey skipped voluntary OTA's to work out on his own.  The coaches may be having him catch up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 09:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Zac said he was holding Hubbard out simply because he wanted to give the new guys most all the reps so they could see what they have. Nothing wrong with Sam, nothing to see here.....

(08-15-2022, 10:58 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You know he came out today in full gear, Pally Wink.

He's ok.

Cool, also love what I saw of Jeff Gunter against the Cards.

Dude looks strong, not what I expected this early in his career, thought it would take some time for him.

The Bengals weight room is working fellas.
Reply/Quote
Zac seems to be willing to give more vet days off in camp to insure they aren't worn out. I'm sure will call it soft, but I applaud it. Helps with keeping players fresher later in the season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 01:30 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Zac seems to be willing to give more vet days off in camp to insure they aren't worn out. I'm sure will call it soft, but I applaud it. Helps with keeping players fresher later in the season.

That I agree with. Sam just seems to be getting more than his fair share for a guy who is supposedly healthy

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 08:57 AM)pally Wrote: That I agree with.  Sam just seems to be getting more than his fair share for a guy who is supposedly healthy

Maybe that's why he is tired....... Ninja

"Women weaken legs"...... Mick Goldmill.
Reply/Quote