Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behind The Lines
Any team, even bad teams can have good games and good teams can have bad games. Unless we're completely blown out this game won't necessarily be a harbinger of things to come . Indy might just have a good day which won't necessarily mean our entire season is done .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 09:21 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: I dont understand this. Everyone hates on dalton when a guy like luck has worse career numbers but somehow is better.

Lack of a lucky last name..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 09:21 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: I dont understand this. Everyone hates on dalton when a guy like luck has worse career numbers but somehow is better.

Exactly. The fact is Luck is not better and as I posted elsewhere is the second most overrated QB in the NFL (Cam Newton is still #1 although the sports media jonesing for DeShaun Watson may enter him into this club). 
Reply/Quote

How am I hating on Dalton?

Just because I don't believe Dalton is a top flight QB doesn't mean I hate him.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 08:24 AM)jwayne Wrote: BTW, Andy Dalton has a higher rating than LUCK.

I think we keep him upright and he will be awesome... 

I would love to see him and AJ hook up for a few 50 + plays.... 

GO BENGALS! 

Yes Dalton has a higher rating, but if you swapped the two QBs and Luck played his career with the Bengals and Dalton his with the Colts, Luck's numbers would be better than Dalton's are, IMHO, and I also believe we'd have better playoff success. I also believe that if Dalton had to play with these bad Colts' teams that he'd have fairly poor numbers. But that's just my opinion.

Overall, the Bengals are the better team, by far.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 03:46 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I love reading these articles that CJ posts. Mainly to put things into perspective. It's sad to think we all think our teams are 'good' or going to do it. Hearing about the Colts from Colts insiders/fans is interesting. Perhaps even more interesting, the fact they think the Colts will give us a hard time. It's ENTIRELY possible, but on paper, I find it a bit confusing.

Here's the article.

Key part from it:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/6/17814454/bengals-vs-colts-behind-enemy-lines-indianapolis-take-a-punch-not-wilt-week-1-preview-nfl-cincinnati

I find it more than a bit confusing, we are better than the Colts in every aspect, better O-line now even. Better
weapons, better RB's, better Defense (D-line, LB's and Secondary all much better). I also believe that Dalton has
a lot more 4th quarter comebacks than Luck and Dalton over his career has been much better...

Think we should blow these guys out myself, the only thing they have going for them is they are at home.

That is all i can think of honestly.

Might take our O-line in the running game a few quarters to gel. Maybe this is where they have a chance.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 08:16 AM)jwayne Wrote: It won't be that close.

Luck sacked 5 times or more. 

Cincy may win by 30... 

GO BENGALS!

it's possible....
lets hope..
if our offense clicks....no one can beat us...
but the O-line HAS TO be above avg...
& fast.....
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 07:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Stopping the run is the one thing that this defense has showed very little of, in preseason.  The same goes with establishing the run, on the offensive side of the ball.  With that said, I think Andy has superior weapons, and the Bengals benefit from some easy big plays, allowing the defense to get after Luck with "great vengeance and furious anger".

Agree with the rushing and stopping the rush. 

Hoping you are prophetic about the rest. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 05:43 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Colts released some of their best pass rushers. They're starting rooking linebackers and their secondary is young. That, and they've been known to give up GAPING holes. If Dalton has a hard time going for over 250+ in this game, it's going to be a LONG season for everyone. It entirely depends on how well their defensive scheme is. I haven't watched a lick of them in preseason. 

Jimmy G didn't do too hot from what I remember (statistically he was okay, I guess).

This, combined with what Marvin was showing about their young LBs attacking the LOS makes me think that a flea flicker might be in order.  Mixon better pitch the ball back quickly, as Ross might be in the locker room before the ball gets there otherwise.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 08:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This, combined with what Marvin was showing about their young LBs attacking the LOS makes me think that a flea flicker might be in order.  Mixon better pitch the ball back quickly, as Ross might be in the locker room before the ball gets there otherwise.   ThumbsUp

Yup, he's gotta show Burfict up.
Reply/Quote