Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behind the Scenes Inquiry
I'm one of those guys who likes trivia and behind the scenes information.

Does anyone happen to know who is on the other end of Lewis's headphones?

Does technology allow him to plug into the OC and DC? Just curious?
Reply/Quote
Per an unnamed source, this is what Marvin hears in his headphones....

[Image: MarvinLewis1.jpg]
[Image: head-coach-marvin-lewis-of-the-cincinnat...d124717314]

Ninja Ninja Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Do not know for sure although suspect it is OC and DC.

But really hoping it is Santa Claus and Marv has been good enough to request and receive a Lombardi Trophy for his late gift this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 10:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Per an unnamed source, this is what Marvin hears in his headphones....

Ninja Ninja Ninja
or Hand Jive

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm not privy to inside information, but I do believe he talks to the staff up in the booth. Paul Guenther doesn't wear one does he?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 11:13 PM)jason Wrote: I'm not privy to inside information, but I do believe he talks to the staff up in the booth. Paul Guenther doesn't wear one does he?

Not sure about Guenther.  I will have to look tomorrow night and see.  Most fans don't care and would rather joke about it, which is to each is own and understood. For me, I'm more interested in this stuff, than who and what old forum members are doing.

I do know that Guenther was the one upstairs talking to Zimmer each game.  

Just curious and would think that technology would allow Lewis to converse with the OC and DC but he is also hooked up with someone upstairs keeping him abreast with replays for challenges and such.  
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 10:16 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Does anyone happen to know who is on the other end of Lewis's headphones?

I have it from a very reliable inside source that it is the books on tape version of this:

[Image: Dummies-Football-pee.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 10:16 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I'm one of those guys who likes trivia and behind the scenes information.

Does anyone happen to know who is on the other end of Lewis's headphones?

Does technology allow him to plug into the OC and DC?  Just curious?

I've seen stuff on the pregame shows etc. about this. They have communication with coaches in press box - some coordinators are on sideline and some call games from booth... there is a pecking order for who is supposed to talk when and of course when people violate that chaos ensues... google search might show you some of those features on You Tube etc. 
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 10:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Per an unnamed source, this is what Marvin hears in his headphones....

Ninja Ninja Ninja

Seems just a tad odd that you would have that link even available to post..
That's 10 seconds of my life wasted.. I hear he listens to the soundtrack of paint peeling..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

This is what Marvin is listening to in his headphones on gameday.
Reply/Quote