Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being Andy Dalton: A deep dive into who he is
Hey all!
Sorry I've been MIA for a bit, but this is why.

It's hard to ask a guy why he's different, or how he's changed, if you don't know who he is to begin with. My guy Kareem Elgazzar and I go deep on finding out the man behind the quarterback.

Any reads/shares would be appreciated!

Being Andy Dalton
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 12:27 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Hey all!

It's hard to ask a guy why he's different, or how he's changed, if you don't know who he is to begin with. My guy Kareem Elgazzar and I go deep on finding out the man behind the quarterback.

Being Andy Dalton
Very well done.   Thank you.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Great article! A very nice treat for us - thank you!
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
excellent read... what I had time to read at least...
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the article.

Proud to have Dalton as our WB. Cincy is lucky to have him and his family.
Reply/Quote

Being Andy Dalton
Great article.  Nice to get a more personal perspective over time.  It encourages me that his development will sustain and maybe grow some more.   I know Zampeze feels he's got more in there - and definitely feels that Green has more to tap.

Hope they tap that this year.

Thanks!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Being Andy Dalton

Just great Jim, great article. Great man off the field, always has been.

Great job by you and Kareem. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Awesome article. Great job Jim and Kareem.

Great off the field insight into Andy.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Thanks, all!

I just remember last year everyone being like ''what's different about you?' and coming to the realization that nobody really knew who he was to begin with. I think this shows a more "real" side to him.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Great read Jim, Thanks !

Liked what Big Whit said, through all the negative comments, all the pressure to win and so on. Andy has never changed who he is or how he does things. A testament to his character indeed.
Reply/Quote
Great read, thanks for you work here.

But, if you want tons of "likes, tweets, and shares", you should do the story about McCarron (snicker)
Reply/Quote
Great article! In a day and age where men of substance and values are often overshadowed by flash and trendiness, It's comforting to know that we have such a quality individual leading our team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hopefully for the fans here it shows us what the proper priorities should be.

Yes, we want our team to win, but outside of the cold hearted, face painting, shirtless in below zero weather, win at any cost fans, we have to realize that these guys have a life outside of football.  Football is just their 9-5 job, so to speak.

I would take a team full of Andy Daltons and A.J. Greens, not just because they are talented, but because they are good people and excellent role models.

That's what I like about Marvin Lewis.  He truly cares about these guys and their lives and families off the field, because NFL football players, depending on the position they play, don't play this game very many years.

Marvin has taken a beating by many fans over the years, but I think Adam Jones says it well;

“You go back and look at the game, we’re not losing the game because of what Coach Lewis did. The games we lost are because we either made dumb-ass mistakes or flags . . . It’s never been conditioning … I’m trying to think of when I’ve seen us play and we were just really tired. I can’t, I can’t recall that one.”
Reply/Quote

Being Andy Dalton

I read your article on a Facebook link yesterday, nice work. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I think some people underestimate the influences of being a father can have on people. Having a solid family life, kids, the right woman who will be there and let you be yourself and all the other cliche stuff, but it's important. I don't put much stock in the faith aspect of things, but I don't think it's nothing in some people's lives. I'd definitely not put it ahead of my family, but that's me.

Anyway, it's good Andy doesn't let success or failure get in his head. A little known secret is success nor failure determines who you are as a person. I suspect Andy would be the same guy even if he never played football and ended up living in a homeless shelter. That's a good thing..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Great article. He's a class act all the way.
The injury last year was such a cruel ending for him.
Reply/Quote
Great read....gives some insight on the True Andy. It is refreshing to see a successful QB that is NOT a Prima Donna.....but just a regular down-to-earth guy....father.....and husband.

Kudos on the Article....Nicely done!
[Image: predator_zps2bkpnoe5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Great read. Thanks for the article.
Reply/Quote
Thanks again, all!

@SHRacerX - I didn't do "the" McCarron life story, but I did a couple on him when he took over last year. Don't worry, I got ya if that all goes down again :-)
Reply/Quote
Thanks Jim, I enjoyed the article. I read it twice and watched the videos. I think Andy is a genuinely good guy.
Reply/Quote