Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being down double digits
What is it with all of the supposed front running teams getting down by double digits early in the game and then coming back to win or make the game close. We were down to Pittsburgh by 18, down by 14 to Dallas, Miami was down to the ravens by 21 and won, Buffalo was down by 20 to the Ravens last week before winning, Kansas City was down 17 last night to the Raiders before winning.

It seems like it has happened more this year than any year I can remember and we are only in week 5. Do teams come in ill-prepared and then start playing harder after they get down by double digits? Or do the other teams get up by 17 and take their foot off the gas and play conservative and not to lose?

The Bengals in their three losses looked horrendous at the start of each game, but managed to nearly pull it out. Hell, I don't care if they throw interceptions deep early in the game, just stretch the field a little, rather than a Mixon run on first down for a yard, a pass to Chase behind the line of scrimmage for a loss, and a batted down 3rd down pass and punt.
Reply/Quote
Water finds its own level

Teams are rarely 10-20+ pts Better than others

Look at both bengals chiefs games last year.

It’s like asking why when a player goes 7 for 9 in double header with 3 homers and 6 rbi. Why in his next 3 starts he goes hitless
Reply/Quote
Yeah I would say that is an indication that the level of talent from team to team is closer than in years past. I thought this prior to the season (mainly in the AFC), and I would say the competitiveness we are seeing confirms that. It should be a good year to watch the sport with there being so many teams that have the potential to make noise late in the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote