Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being inactive was too dangerous for Ross
Who is out of practice with a shoulder injury.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Quick-hits-Iloka-return-helps-decimated-secondary-Marv-encourages-Shazier-Ross-to-play/f97512ac-9ceb-450e-8c29-a5e0679644d2

but of course now is expected to play. Scratch the kid when he's healthy, force him to play when he's out of practice due to injury. Marvin must go.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
He's not hurt. Guarantee it. Marvin is just f**king with him again.
Reply/Quote
This is total BS. Even if he's active, he MIGHT get the ball one time.
Reply/Quote
Ross is beginning to remind me of Jerome Simpson a little.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 06:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ross is beginning to remind me of Jerome Simpson a little.

You thinking he's dealing 8.5 pounds as well?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
And he just got put on IR.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 06:28 PM)corpjet Wrote: You thinking he's dealing 8.5 pounds as well?

Not that part.  What I'm talking about is both being amazing talents in college, that took forever to see the field for action in the NFL.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Apparently just got put on IR. There's gotta be more to this than the Bengals are saying. I know what I think Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 06:31 PM)snowy Wrote: Apparently just got put on IR. There's gotta be more to this than the Bengals are saying. I know what I think Wink

Please share, because I am utterly confused about wtf is going on
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 06:09 PM)Takedown Wrote: This is total BS. Even if he's active, he MIGHT get the ball one time.

Gotta Earn trust to see the ball

You earn Trust in practice
Reply/Quote
Brimey Wrote:Please share, because I am utterly confused about wtf is going on

Okay, I'll come right out and say it, and dang the consequences: they should have kept Kumerow.

But I really do think something is going on with Ross that we don't know about. And did I see something that Vigil was also put on IR? Bet they won't waive him when his six weeks are up. Bastardly Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 06:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ross is beginning to remind me of Jerome Simpson a little.

Their situations are very similar, mainly involving Marvin having no clue how to get them on the field early on. Marvin even commented about Jerome back then. Something like "what do you want me to do, bench Chad?" God forbid you get them out there for even a play or two, huh Marv?  Whatever

When Jerome finally got significant playing time the last two games of 2010, he played very well. Well enough that all of us wondered why Marvin kept him off the field all that time. Granted, Jerome never became a great receiver but he played well enough to show that benching him for his first two seasons was unwarranted. I have a feeling it will be the same thing with Ross, once our next HC gets him some playing time.

Also, I don't believe for one second that Ross is injured. I already know that the team either lied or greatly exaggerated about his earlier injury this year, looks like it's happening again. I don't understand what Marv has against Ross, we likely never will. But Marv is making his inevitable exit that much sweeter
Reply/Quote
So we wasted the ninth overall pick in the draft...
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 07:09 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Their situations are very similar, mainly involving Marvin having no clue how to get them on the field early on. Marvin even commented about Jerome back then. Something like "what do you want me to do, bench Chad?" God forbid you get them out there for even a play or two, huh Marv?  Whatever

When Jerome finally got significant playing time the last two games of 2010, he played very well. Well enough that all of us wondered why Marvin kept him off the field all that time. Granted, Jerome never became a great receiver but he played well enough to show that benching him for his first two seasons was unwarranted. I have a feeling it will be the same thing with Ross, once our next HC gets him some playing time.

Also, I don't believe for one second that Ross is injured. I already know that the team either lied or greatly exaggerated about his earlier injury this year, looks like it's happening again. I don't understand what Marv has against Ross, we likely never will. But Marv is making his inevitable exit that much sweeter

It's interesting that all the blame goes to Marvin when he's not even Ross' immediate coach.

Is it James Urban saying Ross wasn't ready? Maybe it's both Urban and Lazor saying he wasnt ready. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 07:17 PM)Joelist Wrote: So we wasted the ninth overall pick in the draft...

It is looking that way.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 07:19 PM)Synric Wrote: It's interesting that all the blame goes to Marvin when he's not even Ross' immediate coach.

Is it James Urban saying Ross wasn't ready? Maybe it's both Urban and Lazor saying he wasnt ready. 

I can tell you with confidence it's on all of them, but mainly Marvin. There is something more at play here than mere rookie struggles, something that the main stream media is not privy to
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 07:28 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I can tell you with confidence it's on all of them, but mainly Marvin. There is something more at play here than mere rookie struggles, something that the main stream media is not privy to

Yea. Urban goes to Lazor and says Ross is having problems. Lazor goes to Marvin and says Ross is having problems. Then Marvin tells the media and takes the whole blame.

The biggest blame goes on James Urban because it's his job to get Ross ready to he on the field. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 07:09 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Their situations are very similar, mainly involving Marvin having no clue how to get them on the field early on. Marvin even commented about Jerome back then. Something like "what do you want me to do, bench Chad?" God forbid you get them out there for even a play or two, huh Marv?  Whatever

Except Jerome was benched not due to lack of talent, but due to lack of intelligence. The guy couldn't learn the playbook for the life of him and Carson didn't want a WR who didn't know what route to run, where to go, and what to do.

Said lack of intelligence was on brutal display when the guy gets a ton of weed delivered to him in the freaking mail.

You can be as talented as you want, but you have to have at least a moderate amount of intelligence, of at least the football variety, to back it up.

- - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you don't believe for a second Ross is injured, then you're in for a rude awakening. Torn labrum (again), getting surgery and is on the IR.

Conspiracy theory bunked.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Exactly! Same thing I said weeks ago.

There's something going on that's on Ross not the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 07:19 PM)Synric Wrote: It's interesting that all the blame goes to Marvin when he's not even Ross' immediate coach.

Great point! I posted in a thread to fire all the coaches and some people talked about how amazing Urban is.
Reply/Quote