Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Believe it or not... We’re still in this...
Sure, the morals aren’t too high right now and being 0-3 sucks a LOT when we should be 2-1 but the rest of the division isn’t doing too hot either. Steelers are 0-3 like us, Browns are 1-2 and Ravens are a top at 2-1... It’s not out of reach yet folks, a win next week against the Steelers could be huge... I don’t know, still trying to be optimistic and giving myself reason to keep watching.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
So true. but any more hits to the OL and we will be having TEs as OTs lol
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:00 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: So true. but any more hits to the OL and we will be having TEs as OTs lol

I’m really hoping Glenn comes back this week and also Green, these injuries are killing us Sad
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
If we should be 2-1 the Steelers and Browns should be, too. You can't just give us close games and not them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:59 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Sure, the morals aren’t too high right now and being 0-3 sucks a LOT when we should be 2-1 but the rest of the division isn’t doing too hot either. Steelers are 0-3 like us, Browns are 1-2 and Ravens are a top at 2-1... It’s not out of reach yet folks, a win next week against the Steelers could be huge... I don’t know, still trying to be optimistic and giving myself reason to keep watching.

Hilarious    Nervous    Hilarious
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I agree we should be 2-1.Take away the bad holding call on Tate that negated a touchdown and the Bengals win against Buffalo.They clearly outplayed Seattle but lost by 1 point.This team is playing sloppy right now,and they need to clean it up.To many penalties and turnovers.
Reply/Quote
We have one of the easiest schedules and we are struggling to win.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:00 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: So true. but any more hits to the OL and we will be having TEs as OTs lol

TEs might be better than what we currently have a tackle... Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:46 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: We have one of the easiest schedules and we are struggling to win.

I know that was true before, but after draft/FA does that remain true?  I didn't peg SF or Buffalo to actually be decent teams when the schedule came out, for example.
Reply/Quote
If you mean we’re still in this same shit show from 2016 when they let the O line completely fall apart then I concur.

If you mean we’re still in the playoff race at 0-3, historically there is about a 3% chance of a playoff appearance based upon teams starting 0-3 since about 1980.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:46 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: We have one of the easiest schedules and we are struggling to win.

Our opponents are 8-1.  Now the Bengals contributed three of those wins, but still.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:21 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I agree we should be 2-1.Take away the bad holding call on Tate that negated a touchdown and the Bengals win against Buffalo.They clearly outplayed Seattle but lost by 1 point.This team is playing sloppy right now,and they need to clean it up.To many penalties and turnovers.

Buffalo clearly outplayed us just like we outplayed the Seahawks. We can’t have both those victories. Which one do you want.
Reply/Quote

@buffalo and @seattle are not easy games.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 01:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Our opponents are 8-1.  Now thew Bengals contributed three of those wins, but still.  

Seattle opponent record: 2-7 (both wins by the Saints, who beat Seattle)
Bills opponent record: 1-8
49ers opponent record: 1-8

So the three teams that beat the Bengals have only played a combined 1 game against a winning team, and they lost that game. 

Bengals have had an easy schedule so far, they have just been worse than the other bad teams they've played.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Our schedule has been tough.
Reply/Quote
Yea once we get Redmond back and Sample more involved this offense will be unstoppable.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 03:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Seattle opponent record: 2-7 (both wins by the Saints, who beat Seattle)
Bills opponent record: 1-8
49ers opponent record: 1-8

So the three teams that beat the Bengals have only played a combined 1 game against a winning team, and they lost that game. 

Bengals have had an easy schedule so far, they have just been worse than the other bad teams they've played.

Based on your silly mental gymnastics the Patriots are weaker than any of our opponents because their opponents are 0-9.

The Seahawks, 49ers, and Bills are all decent teams.

Bills had the #2 defense in the league last year (#6 this year), but made major improvements to their offense (added 1000 yard receiver Thomas Brown and 4 new starters on O-line including $45 million OC Mitch Morris)

Niners had the #13 offense and #17 defense last year, but they added two Pro Bowl LBs in free agency and a QB with a career 97 rating.

Seahawks won 10 games last year
Reply/Quote
If the Browns beat the Ravens and the Bengals beat Pittsburgh, Cincy will be one game out of first place.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 03:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on your silly mental gymnastics the Patriots are weaker than any of our opponents because their opponents are 0-9.

The Seahawks, 49ers, and Bills are all decent teams.

Bills had the #2 defense in the league last year (#6 this year), but made major improvements to their offense (added 1000 yard receiver Thomas Brown and 4 new starters on O-line including $45 million OC Mitch Morris)

Niners had the #13 offense and #17 defense last year, but they added two Pro Bowl LBs in free agency and a QB with a career 97 rating.

Seahawks won 10 games last year

"Based on your silly mental gymnastics the Patriots are weaker than any of our opponents because their opponents are 0-9."

There you again, using Straw Man arguments when you disagree with an opinion formed by facts. by another poster. Never did he say anything about Pats.

Yet, you provide facts and expect others to respect your opinion based on facts. Why should we?

2018 stats mean little for 2019. In time  we will see if the 3 teams we played are great teams as all undefeated, good, average or below average based on how the rest of their season goes.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote