Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's Past Comments About Women: ‘I Never Thought I Would Run For Office’ [Audio]
I went back four pages and didn't see a Trump is sexist thread to add this too.  Feel free to merge if y'all want to.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/28/trump-explains-past-sexist-comments-i-never-thought-i-would-run-for-office-audio/?utm_campaign=thedcmainpage&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social

Quote:Donald Trump said Monday that in the past he made comments that insulted or demeaned some women because “I never thought I would run for office.”

Charlie Sykes on Radio 620 WTMJ in Wisconsin asked Trump about being “underwater” in the polls among woman who feel “repelled” by some of the comments Trump has made.

Sykes played clips from an anti-Trump super PAC ad that featured women repeating Trump’s comments directed toward women, including “bimbo,” “dog,” and “fat pig.”

Trump responded, “Women are just going to have to see what I’ve done. I’ve hired tremendous numbers of women. Women are in the highest executive positions. I pay women in many cases more than I pay men, which is more than most people can say.”

“I’ve been a person that’s been in the entertainment business and a very big person in business, and I’ve been quoted over the years by everybody, almost from the time I started business. For whatever reason, I became a celebrity in a sense,” Trump claimed.

Sykes shot in, “Are the rules different for celebrities? Are celebrities allowed to insult women?”

“Well, I’ll tell you what, the rules aren’t different, but certainly I never thought I would run for office,” Trump claimed.

Sykes then asked Trump about his feud with Fox News host Megyn Kelly.

Trump replied, “I’m not a fan of Megyn Kelly. I mean, I’m allowed to say that. If Megyn Kelly were a man, I would be saying the exact same things about Megyn Kelly and same thing with Rosie O’Donnell. Not a fan of Rosie O’Donnell, nor is she a fan of mine. And you know what, you go back and forth. I don’t think there should be a double standard for somebody if they are a woman, but I can tell you this, Charlie, I have been better to women than any of these candidates, frankly.”

Later in the interview, Sykes continued to press Trump: “You and I are both grandpas, we are both fathers. Here’s a question here in Wisconsin: how should fathers and mothers explain this? I mean, is this the way you’d want their sons to behave?”

Trump replied, “I thought this was a dead issue until I just spoke to you. I mean, I’d rather be talking about trade. I’d rather be talking about you know the things I’m best at: security, border security.”

LISTEN
 (Begins at 2:59):

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/28/trump-explains-past-sexist-comments-i-never-thought-i-would-run-for-office-audio/#ixzz44LTdpFgk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
A presidential candidate that goes after his opponents wife.......

The mental midgets that support this guy are the problem with our country.

He is reality TV material. Not presidential material.

FFS.
(03-30-2016, 01:07 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: A presidential candidate that goes after his opponents wife.......

FFS.

The fun part is that both of the front runners did it. Has anyone seen anything about the mainstream GOP calling for a stop to it? Because frankly, I'd find it disgusting if that was what was the current image of a political party I was a part of.
(03-30-2016, 01:07 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: A presidential candidate that goes after his opponents wife.......

FFS.

None of the other candidates are presidential material either.  And they are also the problem with this country.  Hillary's a pathological liar whose entire career is based on marrying a hillbilly dirt bag, Bernie is a loon and Cruz is a slimy bastard.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(03-30-2016, 08:33 AM)McC Wrote: None of the other candidates are presidential material either.  And they are also the problem with this country.  Hillary's a pathological liar whose entire career is based on marrying a hillbilly dirt bag, Bernie is a loon and Cruz is a slimy bastard.

I was thinking about the meme of Clinton as pathological liar this morning as I was watching the new.  Drumpf is now saying that the reporter that his campaign guy got physical with may have had the bruises from before the event.

I'd bet, even with my own money, that Drumpf has lied...not bent the truth or spun the truth...lied more than almost anyone else running for POTUS this year.

He just makes stuff up to get attention.  He doesn't have to be right...he just has to have people say his name.  And when he gets accused of something he diverts blame and, well, lies.

Not that Clinton is s saint or doesn't lie herself...but Drumpf is setting a pretty high bar himself.  It will be nearly impossible for him to attacker her on that point given the media's coverage of his own follies.
(03-30-2016, 07:42 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The fun part is that both of the front runners did it. Has anyone seen anything about the mainstream GOP calling for a stop to it? Because frankly, I'd find it disgusting if that was what was the current image of a political party I was a part of.

Also on the news this morning the closed captioning was on (I was at the gym) and there was a story about Drumpf and Rafael and their wives and the cc read something to the effect that "it has gotten so bad that both top candidates are pulling back...." and I THOUGHT it was going to say "on the attacks".  

Sadly, no.

They both are pulling back on their pledge to support the winner of the nomination no matter what.   Sad