Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Bynes
Gonna give our old friend Josh some love this morning. I really like him when he was here, many did not. Not so much that they didn't like him, they thought he was out of position a lot, if I remember most of the complaints. But, all that said, I think he did wonders for our young linebacker room, coming in and being the elder spokesman of the room and "showing them how to be pro's." Al Golden gets a lot of credit for that room, as he should, but I think Bynes also had a big impact in his time here.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Gonna give our old friend Josh some love this morning. I really like him when he was here, many did not. Not so much that they didn't like him, they thought he was out of position a lot, if I remember most of the complaints. But, all that said, I think he did wonders for our young linebacker room, coming in and being the elder spokesman of the room and "showing them how to be pro's." Al Golden gets a lot of credit for that room, as he should, but I think Bynes also had a big impact in his time here.

He was actually their highest rated defensive player.  A very solid run defender.  Your points about him being like a coach on the field and how the young guys loved him is very relevant.  Good dude.  Would love to hire him back as a coach someday.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Agreed. Bynes helped a young LB corp as I often saw him shoving LBs and pointing them to their pre-snap spots. The LBs played great yesterday, basically made Andrews look below average. ADG is still spotty but showing up more and more. Pratt continues to improve and Wilson is playing in straight up baller mode. Bailey starting to get some snaps now that Evans is IR'd so we'll slowly see how much he has improved.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
He sniffed out the QB sneak yesterday like he was still practicing with us during the week. Very very smart LB. I like to think he did a great job raising Logan and ADG.
Reply/Quote
Just watched this pre-game interview with Ravens announcer Gerry Sandusky . . . excellent interview. Very knowledgeable broadcaster with family ties to football since his youth and he seems to communicate well with Dave Lapham.

They talk about Josh Bynes impact for a short bit around 26 minute mark, pretty much confirming all of the positive posts in this thread.

At the 32:20 he gives an awesome outside opinion of the Bengals.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Bynes football iq is off the charts and he was rarely out of position last year. If he was a better athlete he would be an incredible lb. Pratt was and still is the guy that looks completely lost at times.
Reply/Quote
I don't remember Bynes being out of position but I do remember him missing Tackles in space and not being very good in coverage.
That being said yeah I think he was a very good teammate to our young LB core.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 12:47 PM)J24 Wrote: I don't remember Bynes being out of position but I do remember him missing Tackles in space and not being very good in  coverage.
That being said yeah I think he was a very good teammate to our young LB core.

When he's done playing I would like them to bring him in as an assistant coach.
Reply/Quote
I think we should steal a vet. Steelers or Raven every year. That literally should be 1 of our free-agent goals. (Even if it's an overpay)

Mike Hilton has been unbelievable this year. Agreed with Bynes he taught our LB's some stuff!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Gonna give our old friend Josh some love this morning. I really like him when he was here, many did not. Not so much that they didn't like him, they thought he was out of position a lot, if I remember most of the complaints. But, all that said, I think he did wonders for our young linebacker room, coming in and being the elder spokesman of the room and "showing them how to be pro's." Al Golden gets a lot of credit for that room, as he should, but I think Bynes also had a big impact in his time here.

Sled, great post and I encourage you to put something similar in Smack Talk.  Baltimore fans should hear this.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, Josh is a good dude and I was for bringing him back. He actually had a good game against us made some key stops, 
namely the QB sneak. He is a good, solid, vet Linebacker. Great locker room guy and teammate. Wish him the best in B-more
except when playing us of course.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 09:46 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: Bynes football iq is off the charts and he was rarely out of position last year.  If he was a better athlete he would be an incredible lb.  Pratt was and still is the guy that looks completely lost at times.

Disagree big time. Bynes WAS out of position more than Pratt was last year and this year Pratt has been in position more so 
than not. This was a Bynes appreciation type of thread though so I will stop. No need to bash Pratt and say he looks lost out 
there cause it simply is not true at all.
Reply/Quote