Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bell Is Making A Joke Of The Steelers' Franchise......
(04-14-2018, 08:37 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: What a minute Brad, you said it was "a nice attempt". Now your saying it wasn't. Which one is it? I'm confused.
Apparently now Steelers fans also can't grasp the concept of sarcasm............  not surprising since their quarterback can't even grasp the concept of "no" and they have no problem supporting him.

(04-14-2018, 08:54 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Mel Blount and Jack Lamberto held out in the same season.  Rod Wodson held out.  Hines Ward once had a long holdout.  

Any other questions?

Rod Woodson was a rookie on his holdout, correct?  You're equating a rookie holdout to Bell?   Woodson hadn't even played a down yet and rookie holdouts were the norm!

Blount and Lambert were in the 70s, which is an entire different era, and Blount's wasn't over his contract.  However, those definitely impacted the team:

Quote:Steve Furness seemed to sum up the whole season after the game when he said, “You have to look back to camp. We started off on the wrong foot. You can’t look back and say those are the reasons, but they’re sure contributing factors.”
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 10:34 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Apparently now Steelers fans also can't grasp the concept of sarcasm............  not surprising since their quarterback can't even grasp the concept of "no" and they have no problem supporting him.

Rod Woodson was a rookie on his holdout, correct?  You're equating a rookie holdout to Bell?   Woodson hadn't even played a down yet and rookie holdouts were the norm!

Blount and Lambert were in the 70s, which is an entire different era, and Blount's wasn't over his contract.  However, those definitely impacted the team:

Well, this has been fun. But at the end of the day, this whole thing effects my life 0%. It is entertainment. You seem to spend a heck of a whole lot more time imagining reasons why I should fret over any of it than I do actually fretting.

So if you're looking for an admission, here it is: this is probably not as good situation for the Steelers.

Here's the thing: I'll live. My life will be the same either way.

But if you like to imagine otherwise, have fun with that.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 12:38 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Well, this has been fun. But at the end of the day, this whole thing effects my life 0%.  It is entertainment.  You seem to spend a heck of a whole lot more time imagining reasons why I should fret over any of it than I do actually fretting.

So if you're looking for an admission, here it is: this is probably not as good situation for the Steelers.  

Here's the thing: I'll live.  My life will be the same either way.  

But if you like to imagine otherwise, have fun with that.

You're on here talking about the Steelers and talking them up like they're God's greatest gift to Earth, but then something like this happens and suddenly you don't care?

Right.

Convenient.  

Hilarious.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 05:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You're on here talking about the Steelers and talking them up like they're God's greatest gift to Earth, but then something like this happens and suddenly you don't care?

Right.

Convenient.  

Hilarious.

I have never done that.  Your tendency to assume the motives of others is what creates that illusion for you.  You see what you want to see, and your proclivity towards confirmation bias makes it seemingly impossible to convince you otherwise, once you’ve made up your mind.
Reply/Quote
Hi Brad. Being that the Bengals and the Browns are basically the same team, city and fans, here is a link to that shirt that will help you let everyone know and express your hate of the Steelers when your not on this message board posting about it every day.

http://createns.com/browns/I_HATE_THE_STEELERS.htm

[Image: m930s6uldec2ada6g.jpg]

Maybe wearing this shirt will calm you down and give you some peace, sort of like when I have to put my dogs thunder shirt on him when it storms. Hope it helps. Your friend, BOS. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
[Image: urbr6de67obb2a66g.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 06:52 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: [Image: urbr6de67obb2a66g.jpg]

This guy died just a few days ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 11:06 PM)BengalRed Wrote: This guy died just a few days ago.

Yes, I know. I posted this in his honor.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 05:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Now he's saying that he's a hero and the city is painting him out to be the victim:

How delusional is this guy?!

I'll take "VERY Delusional" for a thousand, Alex.   ThumbsUp

Dude's an idiot.  Steelers fans think that they'll just run the wheels off of him and then be he'll be gone next season, but who can they find to be equally as good?  Will Ben retire?  Replacing a back and franchise quarterback would be tough in one offseason.

Apparently, it's pissing some Steelers fans off, but some on his Twitter page are defending him.

I still find it hilarious how the Steelers and the Rooneys, with their "model franchise," allow him to disrespect them like this.

Furthermore, he wants, what, 4 or 6 million more?  Where does he think that they'll come up with that money?  The Steelers only 2.5 million in cap space, and they'll need 5 million or so just to sign their draft picks.

I'm one of the guys that want them to run the wheels off Bell this season and then let him go next season. No team in their right mind will pay him what he thinks he's worth. He's not worth double the next highest RB's value. Out of the top RB's, he had the lowest average rushing yards. Yes he will be missed, but he can't expect a team to pay him that much and still be a productive team.
Reply/Quote
Bell comtinuing to roll out the hits.

https://sports.yahoo.com/le-veon-bell-another-rap-150423250.html

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2018, 09:59 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Bell comtinuing to roll out the hits.

https://sports.yahoo.com/le-veon-bell-another-rap-150423250.html

He should have just taken the best long term deal that the Steelers were willing to offer.  Every year he hangs around, the more other quality RBs there are to replace him with, for so much less.  

When he does hit the market next March?  I don't think that any team will be throwing any long term 15M/per deals at him.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2018, 10:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He should have just taken the best long term deal that the Steelers were willing to offer.  Every year he hangs around, the more other quality RBs there are to replace him with, for so much less.  

When he does hit the market next March?  I don't think that any team will be throwing any long term 15M/per deals at him.  

I think comes down to Bell being dumb.  (But then I think that's a big part of a lot of these guys who hold out.)

He has a limited shelf life and wants to make maximum dollars...I get that.  But, as you say, every year he goes without signing that big deal is another year shorter for his career.  It's just simple math.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote