Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Suspension
ESPN is reporting LeVeon Bell will be suspended the first 4 games due to a missed drug test.

Dan Graziano
ESPN Staff Writer

Sources close to the situation tell me Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell is facing a four-game suspension for violation of the NFL's drug policy. The suspension is the result of a MISSED drug test, not a failed one, and the reason it hasn't yet been announced is that the appeal process is still going on. No date for Bell's appeal has been set, though it's expected that it will be heard before the start of the regular season, meaning that if it's not overturned, he would miss the first four games of the season. Bell was suspended for the first three games of last season (later reduced to two) for a violation of the policy on substances of abuse after he was arrested for marijuana possession and DUI in the summer of 2014.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
In a related story, the NFL is furiously working to reschedule Bengals at Stealers* to Week 5.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 10:32 AM)Who Dey Time Wrote: In a related story, the NFL is furiously working to reschedule Bengals at Stealers* to Week 5.

Ha....probably 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Their RB better be ready!

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 10:32 AM)Who Dey Time Wrote: In a related story, the NFL is furiously working to reschedule Bengals at Stealers* to Week 5.

ThumbsUp
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Question though. Shouldn't this be considered his second offense? A missed test is considered a failed test right?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 10:45 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Question though. Shouldn't this be considered his second offense? A missed test is considered a failed test right?

Four game suspensions are a result of a violation when a player is in Stage 2 of the Substance Abuse Program.  So, yes, this would be a second offense.

IIRC, Bell's first offense was the DUI he received prior to last season.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Bell will move to stage three of NFL's SAP....next violation is 10 games to a year ban. Thanks Le'veon keep up the good work.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 10:52 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Looks like Bell will move to stage three of NFL's SAP....next violation is 10 games to a year ban. Thanks Le'veon keep up the good work.

Stealers* hate aside this really is sad.  Such talent going to waste.  
Reply/Quote
Ahhhhh, I wonder how much money this is going to cost him in his contract negotiations?

[Image: stock-illustration-13660261-money-flying-away.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 11:15 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Ahhhhh, I wonder how much money is this is going to cost him in his contract negotiations?

[Image: stock-illustration-13660261-money-flying-away.jpg]

I downloaded his mix tape for the lols now.
Reply/Quote
Best part is when this story came out two months ago and he was like...

"People need to stop making up these bogus reports, don't worry about me folks, I'll be fine!"

Haha. WRONG LeVeon!

This guy thinks he is above the system.
Reply/Quote
woah woah woah. new development here.

Not just one drug test, MULTIPLE.

Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell is facing a four-game suspension for missing several drug tests, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday, per sources informed of his situation

... That should warrant a longer suspension no?
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 11:44 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: woah woah woah. new development here.

Not just one drug test, MULTIPLE.

Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell is facing a four-game suspension for missing several drug tests, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday, per sources informed of his situation

... That should warrant a longer suspension no?

No.

The rules aren't specific enough. They'll let him off easy and clarify the rule after this season.
Reply/Quote
No doubt they'll drop his suspension to one game so he can be back by Week Two.

I mean the Burfict clearly targeted him the game where he got hurt. It's only fair that he gets to play against the Bengals while Burfict is out. /Rooney
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
They will probably suspend him for the 4 pre-season games.
Reply/Quote
Its all that cantankerous Vontaze Burficts fault. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Now is our chance to slide that Greg Hardy signing in. He just worked out for the Jags. And now everybodies Super Bowl favorite team is looking gloomy. Plus ezekiel elliot Americas team supposedly beating up a girl.
Reply/Quote
I used to respect bell eve though he was on the steelers but with all the shots he's took at us I'm glad to see him suspended. Hopefully we have eifert back by week 2
Reply/Quote

Then remembered Burfict would be back and quickly nixed the idea out of pure fear!
Reply/Quote