Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bell and Steelers Putting Contract Talks On Hold
(03-26-2018, 06:35 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Well then, it’s a good thing he’s so.............................patient.

Rep. That was actually pretty funny. LOL
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 04:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It is unprecedented to turn down an average of 4 million more per year than the nearest average per year at your position, especially when he's playing for a team that's always in contention.

If he turned down that deal to play with the Browns, you MIGHT be able to justify it, especially with his injury history.

Until the NEXT unprecedented contract request comes along. That's the way this works. Each guy wants more than the last.

Because of that dynamic, the actual figure is somewhat irrelevant from a historical standpoint. The point is that Bell isn't the first to ask for more than he's worth and he won't be the last.

Hey, I get it. You get your jollies when the Steelers show cracks in the armor, and this is undoubtedly that. But rest assured, they're not the only team who deals with this sort of thing.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 02:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm not hanging anything on the Steelers.  It just seems ridiculous the money he's turning down and for a winner.  

Can't argue with that.  But too much fame and fortune at a young age (not to mention agents whispering in your ear) can result in a pretty strong mind- ... uh ... -frick.  Mellow Bell's certainly not the only one to succumb.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 09:24 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Until the NEXT unprecedented contract request comes along.  That's the way this works. Each guy wants more than the last.  

Because of that dynamic, the actual figure is somewhat irrelevant from a historical standpoint.  The point is that Bell isn't the first to ask for more than he's worth and he won't be the last.  

Hey, I get it.  You get your jollies when the Steelers show cracks in the armor, and this is undoubtedly that. But rest assured, they're not the only team who deals with this sort of thing.

This is more than just the last guy wanting more because this is him wanting to be paid way more than anybody ever has and wanting to be paid for being a running back AND receiver.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 05:28 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Think that wouldn't be necessary to put in his contract being Birthdefect is scared to death of JuJu and will make sure he is injured or suspended when the Steeler game comes around anyways.

In fact, JuJu and the entire Steeler offense is so afraid of Burfict that they have to resort to illegal cheap shot blindside hits to take him out, like the shithead kid who sneaks up behind the kid who legitimately kicked his ass and blasts him with a bat.  No need to thank me for correcting you.  You probably spend too much time thanking people for correcting you already.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 02:01 PM)McC Wrote: In fact, JuJu and the entire Steeler offense is so afraid of Burfict that they have to resort to illegal cheap shot blindside hits to take him out, like the shithead kid who sneaks up behind the kid who legitimately kicked his ass and blasts him with a bat.  No need to thank me for correcting you.  You probably spend too much time thanking people for correcting you already.

Burfict shredded Bells' knee with a clean tackle, yet JuJU injured Burfict with a sucker type punch. I learned a long time ago once you hit a guy, better finsish him or else he will find you and retaliate.Are you listening JuJu?

Burfict can take guys out legally, JuJu not so much.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 02:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This is more than just the last guy wanting more because this is him wanting to be paid way more than anybody ever has and wanting to be paid for being a running back AND receiver.

He wants more than any RB has ever gotten, not any other player. Heck, from what I've been able to research, he's asking for $17M/yr, and Brown currently makes $17M/yr. Quite a few QBs make that much or more.

Like I said, he's not the first to make outrageous demands, and he won't be the last.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 02:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This is more than just the last guy wanting more because this is him wanting to be paid way more than anybody ever has and wanting to be paid for being a running back AND receiver.

I'd say when the highest paid RB is $8M a year and you're offered that PLUS another $4M, you are being fairly paid for both positions. But this asshat wants more. Good bye and good riddance. I think that he'd look good in stripes wrecking your salary cap. 
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 04:45 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I'd say when the highest paid RB is $8M a year and you're offered that PLUS another $4M, you are being fairly paid for both positions. But this asshat wants more. Good bye and good riddance. I think that he'd look good in stripes wrecking your salary cap. 

We won’t sign him unless he can prove his knee is about to blow.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 08:47 PM)michaelsean Wrote: We won’t sign him unless he can prove his knee is about to blow.

I see that Ki-jana Carter pick is still haunting you. 

In recent news, the f*cking dick bag now wants $17,000,000 a year. I swear I'll blow a gasket if he's on the roster opening day. If he is, I hope they run the wheels off of him and the Steelers make it to the AFCCG against Cincinnati where Birthdefect takes out his ACL, PCL, LCL, and MCL in both knees as crosses the GL to score the GW TD as time expires. That would be awesome. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/leveon-bell-reportedly-wants-17-million-a-year-which-is-what-antonio-brown-makes/
Reply/Quote
All that dope Bell smoked must affected his brain cells. I would get rid of him and trade him to the Bungels for Vontaze Birthdefect.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 05:43 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I see that Ki-jana Carter pick is still haunting you. 

In recent news, the f*cking dick bag now wants $17,000,000 a year. I swear I'll blow a gasket if he's on the roster opening day. If he is, I hope they run the wheels off of him and the Steelers make it to the AFCCG against Cincinnati where Birthdefect takes out his ACL, PCL, LCL, and MCL in both knees as crosses the GL to score the GW TD as time expires. That would be awesome. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/leveon-bell-reportedly-wants-17-million-a-year-which-is-what-antonio-brown-makes/

Someone is mad and off the rails  Hilarious

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 06:57 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: All that dope Bell smoked must affected his brain cells. I would get rid of him and trade him to the Bungels for Vontaze Birthdefect.

So you hate burfict, but would want to trade for him lol. But seriously, take Burfict. I'm sick of having a LB who misses 4 games a year minimum, and gets penalties at the worst possible times.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 04:45 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I'd say when the highest paid RB is $8M a year and you're offered that PLUS another $4M, you are being fairly paid for both positions. But this asshat wants more. Good bye and good riddance. I think that he'd look good in stripes wrecking your salary cap. 

Bengals are a lot of things, but bad with the salary cap is not one of them. Plus we have Mixon and Gio, I highly doubt our FO is already ready to throw the towel in on the tandem. You guys will have Bell on your roster come training camp,  you can count on that. You guys would be smart to trade him to a team that is prone to overpaying, IE the Redskins.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 02:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Burfict shredded Bells' knee with a clean tackle, yet JuJU injured Burfict with a sucker type punch. I learned a long time ago once you hit a guy, better finsish him or else he will find you and retaliate.Are you listening JuJu?

Burfict can take guys out legally, JuJu not so much.

Some shredding job. Seven months after "shredding" his knee Bell was back playing and ended up with over 1900 all purpose yards. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 11:27 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: So you hate burfict, but would want to trade for him lol. But seriously, take Burfict. I'm sick of having a LB who misses 4 games a year minimum, and gets penalties at the worst possible times.

I don't hate him. He is a hell of a linebacker when he's not playing out of control. I don't care for his dirty hits on players smaller than him. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 06:03 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: I don't hate him. He is a hell of a linebacker when he's not playing out of control. I don't care for his dirty hits on players smaller than him. ThumbsUp

Well, the good news is that now with Brown on the team to handle the ugly work, Vontaze will be more free to cue up the money shots.  ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 05:58 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Some shredding job. Seven months after "shredding" his knee Bell was back playing and ended up with over 1900 all purpose yards. Hilarious

Bell can thank a dead man, his ligament was shredded so now he has his to use. the miracles of medicine saved Bell's career after that clean hit by Burfict sent him to the hospital...LOL

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 06:57 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: All that dope Bell smoked must affected his brain cells. I would get rid of him and trade him to the Bungels for Vontaze Birthdefect.

Just a friendly observation. That sig isn’t helping.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 08:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bell can thank a dead man, his ligament was shredded so now he has his to use. the miracles of medicine saved Bell's career after that clean hit by Burfict sent him to the hospital...LOL

"no sense makes sense" Chuck Manson
"Its not a lie if you think its true" George Castanza
Reply/Quote