Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bell doesn’t rejoin the Squealers
[Image: 5_D683_B1_C-611_D-44_EF-8_F58-_A9_CBA22_BA749.jpg]

This is absolutely hilarious
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I think he's traded soon.....they know he's gone , he knows if he plays they will run the tar out of him, lose, lose all around.

Steelers thinking if Mack got traded they can do the same....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
They've been stringing that guy along for awhile now, while giving big contracts to other players. So it makes sense that he's miffed.

Should be good news for the Bengals, assuming he continues the hold out. I doubt he will though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'd be curious to get the perspective of the Steeler fans point of view on this matter. Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Maybe there was heavy traffic on the way to the stadium and he decided to take a nice scenic route, a couple doobies were smoked, he got lost. Maybe he’s pulled over telling the officer “ Wait....seriously?! I didn’t know I couldn’t do that...”

?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 03:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'd be curious to get the perspective of the Steeler fans point of view on this matter.   Cool

Yeah me too.  They seem to be curiously absent.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I look forward to them running him and his brain into a jelly. His rap game will be way more hilarious.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 03:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They've been stringing that guy along for awhile now, while giving big contracts to other players. So it makes sense that he's miffed.

Should be good news for the Bengals, assuming he continues the hold out. I doubt he will though.
They offered him 1.5X the highest paid RB in the league last year and this year. More than fair. But he wants to be paid like the best RB in the league and the best #2 WR in the league. After seeing what Gurley got, maybe he'll get more than what the Steelers offered, but that's just bad business. You don't give a RB that kind of money. They can win without him.

(09-03-2018, 03:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'd be curious to get the perspective of the Steeler fans point of view on this matter.   Cool
I've stated it many times. I wanted him and his shennanigans out of here for the last couple of years.

(09-03-2018, 04:37 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yeah me too.  They seem to be curiously absent.

Mooning
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 04:58 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: They offered him 1.5X the highest paid RB in the league last year and this year. More than fair. But he wants to be paid like the best RB in the league and the best #2 WR in the league. After seeing what Gurley got, maybe he'll get more than what the Steelers offered, but that's just bad business. You don't give a RB that kind of money. They can win without him.

I've stated it many times. I wanted him and his shennanigans out of here for the last couple of years.

Mooning

Thanks for weighing in.  Now, may I ask you another question?  Do you think that Bell eventually caves, and comes to play this year?  Or, do you think that he will sit out, and risk tarnishing his image so much that other teams become reluctant to even have him around?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure what another team is going to give up for a top-tier back like Bell. Maybe San Francisco would be in the market with McKinnon down.

I think it will sting pretty badly if Pittsburgh lets him go. He's a special back when healthy. The o-line is really good when it comes to run blocking, and I agree that somebody else could probably be effective behind them. That said, they won't be Bell or anything close. Losing him will be an undeniable step back for them if that's what happens, no matter how anyone tries to spin it. You'd go from one of the game's top offensive weapons to "effective" at that position.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 03:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They've been stringing that guy along for awhile now, while giving big contracts to other players. So it makes sense that he's miffed.

That’s because you don’t give running backs the kind of money long term that he’s asking for. You especially don’t give it to a back that gets as many touches as bell and has to face burfict twice a year. Any team that does give him a longer term contract for what he’s asking gets what they deserve when he goes down mid season with an injury.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 05:47 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm not sure what another team is going to give up for a top-tier back like Bell.  Maybe San Francisco would be in the market with McKinnon down.  

I think it will sting pretty badly if Pittsburgh lets him go.  He's a special back when healthy.  The o-line is really good when it comes to run blocking, and I agree that somebody else could probably be effective behind them.  That said, they won't be Bell or anything close.  Losing him will be an undeniable step back for them if that's what happens, no matter how anyone tries to spin it.  You'd go from one of the game's top offensive weapons to "effective" at that position.

My guess is that the Steelers won't cave to Bell's demand.  They know that good RBs aren't as hard to find, as some other positions.  Don't believe me?  Just look at how many quality backs came out of the 2017 draft.  Mellow

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 04:58 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: They offered him 1.5X the highest paid RB in the league last year and this year. More than fair. But he wants to be paid like the best RB in the league and the best #2 WR in the league. After seeing what Gurley got, maybe he'll get more than what the Steelers offered, but that's just bad business. You don't give a RB that kind of money. They can win without him.

Mooning

All that matters is they offered him less than what Gurley got, and Gurley is inferior. Gurley is the only standard for comparison right now, as it's the most recent deal for a very talented back. 

As to paying a RB that much, I'd tend to agree normally...but LeVeon has been such a HUGE weapon for that offense. Both rushing and receiving. Believe me, I'll be thrilled to see him in a different uniform. The Steelers will win 9-10 games as long as that fat turd sticks around (btw, I love how he's morphed into a rapey version of Brett Favre), but that offense will take a hit without Bell. Believe that.

(09-03-2018, 05:48 PM)motoarch Wrote: That’s because you don’t give running backs the kind of money long term that he’s asking for.  You especially don’t give it to a back that gets as many touches as bell and has to face burfict twice a year.  Any team that does give him a longer term contract for what he’s asking gets what they deserve when he goes down mid season with an injury.

You guys are obsessed. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 05:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thanks for weighing in.  Now, may I ask you another question?  Do you think that Bell eventually caves, and comes to play this year?  Or, do you think that he will sit out, and risk tarnishing his image so much that other teams become reluctant to even have him around?
Pouncey has already tweeted that he would be there Wednesday. Don't know how much I believe it. But I think (not totally sure) he has to report by week 8 otherwise he owes the Steelers another year. Will he hold out that long? I don't know. He's clearly in it 100% for his own self interests, so I guess that's a possibility since it would reduce wear and tear. How would that affect his next contract though? You'd think negatively since it's a poor reflection on him personally, but Im sure some team somewhere out there will give him at least Gurley money. If he does hold out that long, I wouldn't be surprised if he dogged it. IMO, if he did, (depending on where the Steelers are at that point) I'd deactivate him every week. I really do dislike the guy that much. 

(09-03-2018, 07:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: All that matters is they offered him less than what Gurley got, and Gurley is inferior. Gurley is the only standard for comparison right now, as it's the most recent deal for a very talented back. 

As to paying a RB that much, I'd tend to agree normally...but LeVeon has been such a HUGE weapon for that offense. Both rushing and receiving. Believe me, I'll be thrilled to see him in a different uniform. The Steelers will win 9-10 games as long as that fat turd sticks around (btw, I love how he's morphed into a rapey version of Brett Favre), but that offense will take a hit without Bell. Believe that.

Yes, Gurley is the benchmark. I was surprised he got that much. But in terms of annual average, the Steelers were only 1/2 mil less on their offer to Bell. Gurley's guaranteed money though is a lot more, but Bell has been so schizophrenic through this whole thing IDK where his priorities are. One day he's rapping about an annual average, then a month later it's about guaranteed money, then his next rap song is about annual average again. He's been all over the board.

Yeah he's a huge weapon and they will take a hit without him, but still he's not worth 1.5X the next highest guy (until Gurley, that is). Maybe if you didn't have the QB or WRs that the Steelers have, then you could justify it. But this team doesn't need him to win (yes, it will be harder but they have the horses to do it). Not to mention Munchak has that O line performing at a very high level. I personally can't wait for him to go to another team and play behind an average O Line and watch his production drop. Mark my words it will happen.

.....and it's not 2009 anymore. BR is not a fat turd. Every year the guy comes to camp skinnier and skinnier. 
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 09:17 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Pouncey has already tweeted that he would be there Wednesday. Don't know how much I believe it. But I think (not totally sure) he has to report by week 8 otherwise he owes the Steelers another year. Will he hold out that long? I don't know. He's clearly in it 100% for his own self interests, so I guess that's a possibility since it would reduce wear and tear. How would that affect his next contract though? You'd think negatively since it's a poor reflection on him personally, but Im sure some team somewhere out there will give him at least Gurley money. If he does hold out that long, I wouldn't be surprised if he dogged it. IMO, if he did, (depending on where the Steelers are at that point) I'd deactivate him every week. I really do dislike the guy that much. 

Yes, Gurley is the benchmark. I was surprised he got that much. But in terms of annual average, the Steelers were only 1/2 mil less on their offer to Bell. Gurley's guaranteed money though is a lot more, but Bell has been so schizophrenic through this whole thing IDK where his priorities are. One day he's rapping about an annual average, then a month later it's about guaranteed money, then his next rap song is about annual average again. He's been all over the board.

Yeah he's a huge weapon and they will take a hit without him, but still he's not worth 1.5X the next highest guy (until Gurley, that is). Maybe if you didn't have the QB or WRs that the Steelers have, then you could justify it. But this team doesn't need him to win (yes, it will be harder but they have the horses to do it). Not to mention Munchak has that O line performing at a very high level. I personally can't wait for him to go to another team and play behind an average O Line and watch his production drop. Mark my words it will happen.

.....and it's not 2009 anymore. BR is not a fat turd. Every year the guy comes to camp skinnier and skinnier. 

Well, having a wife of his own to bang on every night will do that..  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 09:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, having a wife of his own to bang on every night will do that..  Ninja

Yes. No need to get all liquored up chasing coeds anymore. Beer really sticks to your midsection after 30.  
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 09:17 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Pouncey has already tweeted that he would be there Wednesday. Don't know how much I believe it. But I think (not totally sure) he has to report by week 8 otherwise he owes the Steelers another year. Will he hold out that long? I don't know. He's clearly in it 100% for his own self interests, so I guess that's a possibility since it would reduce wear and tear. How would that affect his next contract though? You'd think negatively since it's a poor reflection on him personally, but Im sure some team somewhere out there will give him at least Gurley money. If he does hold out that long, I wouldn't be surprised if he dogged it. IMO, if he did, (depending on where the Steelers are at that point) I'd deactivate him every week. I really do dislike the guy that much. 

Idk, he's not exactly looking svelte in camp:

[Image: usatsi_10989177.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]
Reply/Quote
  • This really makes me wonder what Mikey would have done knowing his complete distaste for players trying to call the shots when it comes to salary and contract disputes.. 
    Something tells me the head office in Pittsburgh is thinking that they wish they could get a Palmeresque deal.
    The thing about running backs is they're always one shot to the knee away from permanent crutches and opiate addiction. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 10:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk, he's not exactly looking svelte in camp:
I count only 1 chin

[Image: rGk0MxL.png]
Reply/Quote
Freeing up another $5M this season? I've read they're now $12M under
Somethings brewing..... Hmm

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/09/report-steelers-restructure-contract-of-dl-cameron-heyward-to-create-cap-space/
Reply/Quote