Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bell doesn’t rejoin the Squealers
(09-04-2018, 09:59 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I count only 1 chin

[Image: rGk0MxL.png]

Just curious but did they remove the others during the facial reconstruction after he bounced his head off that poor motorist’s windshield?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 03:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They've been stringing that guy along for awhile now, while giving big contracts to other players. So it makes sense that he's miffed.

Should be good news for the Bengals, assuming he continues the hold out. I doubt he will though.

5 yrs 70 million is not peanuts
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 05:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thanks for weighing in.  Now, may I ask you another question?  Do you think that Bell eventually caves, and comes to play this year?  Or, do you think that he will sit out, and risk tarnishing his image so much that other teams become reluctant to even have him around?

His image is already tarnished and he knows that but doesn't care.

No team will care if they pay him to assure that he won't do it again and then they can just run the wheels off of him.  

I can't believe the Steelers are putting up with it, especially since I think Conner has looked good (nothing like Bell, obviously).

This has become a circus.  

What he could do is show up to every game, go out for warm-ups, but, then, during kickoff, eat a pill that makes him puke, and then he gets paid fully for the game but he's too sick to actually play.
Reply/Quote
Feh, the Steelers are still the best team in this division without Bell and they might even unload his arse on some desperate GM for a high pick.  I realize I've been burned by rooting against the Steelers in vain for so long, but until this actually hurts them I'm not celebrating.

EDIT:  wait, he's not under contract so they can't trade him.  Ok, well that at least assuages my fear of them improving because of this.
Reply/Quote
Like I said in the other thread, Ross Tucker said he wouldn't be surprised if Bell shows up at the last minute to get his game check, and then fakes a hammy and sits out 5 or 6 games while he "mends".....
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 02:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Like I said in the other thread, Ross Tucker said he wouldn't be surprised if Bell shows up at the last minute to get his game check, and then fakes a hammy and sits out 5 or 6 games while he "mends".....

I find it hard to believe the gazillionaire owners in the NFL have neither plan nor legal recourse for a player just saying "Ooooh, I'm hurt...give me my paycheck while I sit here and do nothing."
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 02:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I find it hard to believe the gazillionaire owners in the NFL have neither plan nor legal recourse for a player just saying "Ooooh, I'm hurt...give me my paycheck while I sit here and do nothing."

You cannot film a soft tissue injurie, nor can they disprove a tweaked hamstring. I'm sure he knows the symptoms well enough to fake one...
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 02:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You cannot film a soft tissue injurie, nor can they disprove a tweaked hamstring. I'm sure he knows the symptoms well enough to fake one...

Well, I'm still skeptical it's that easy but I do love the idea of Bell bilking the Roony family out of millions of dollars with his "You can't prove I'm not hurt" routine.
Reply/Quote
His agent is a dick, is it any wonder he's a dick too? Lol, please Vontaze take this guys knees out. Please! 

https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNFL/status/1037363281311281157
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 01:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Feh, the Steelers are still the best team in this division without Bell and they might even unload his arse on some desperate GM for a high pick.  I realize I've been burned by rooting against the Steelers in vain for so long, but until this actually hurts them I'm not celebrating.

EDIT:  wait, he's not under contract so they can't trade him.  Ok, well that at least assuages my fear of them improving because of this.
I wonder (maybe hoping) if it is permissible for the 3 parties, the Steelers, Bell, and another team, to get together, workout a trade and deal once he signs with the Steelers? 
(09-05-2018, 02:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Like I said in the other thread, Ross Tucker said he wouldn't be surprised if Bell shows up at the last minute to get his game check, and then fakes a hammy and sits out 5 or 6 games while he "mends".....

Listen to my link above. This dick nozzle isn't showing up any time before week 10. If that's the case, I'd deactivate him the rest of the way. 
Reply/Quote
Sounds like he finally lost his teammates. Don't piss off your offensive line.....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/05/ramon-foster-leveon-bell-doesnt-give-a-damn/

Ramon Foster: Le’Veon Bell “doesn’t give a damn”
Posted by Darin Gantt on September 5, 2018, 4:17 PM EDT

Players typically have the backs of other players in matters of contracts.

But things seem to have taken a turn in Pittsburgh.

According to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Steelers veteran Ramon Foster had some choice words regarding the absence of running back Le'Veon Bell.

“What do you do?” Foster said. “Here’s a guy who doesn’t give a damn, I guess so we’ll treat it as such. I just hate it came to this. . . .

“He’s making seven times what I make twice as much as [left tackle] Al [Villanueva] is making and we’re the guys who do it for him.”

Bell has yet to sign his franchise tender, and his agent indicated today that they’re worried compromising his long-term value with a short-term workload.

But the other players are concerned about the game they have to play now.

“The business part, I get it,” center Maurkice Pouncey said. “All of us at some point have been hurt in that situation. Now that it’s game day, we have a game this Sunday, now we’re all the way into the game-plan as of Wednesday’s practice and you’re still not here? It’s bigger than just business.”

The Steelers have to love that the guys in the locker room are exerting pressure on Bell, who hasn’t given any indication when he plans to arrive.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Can they pull the plug on him when he's ready to come back and decide, no, offers not on the table any longer? They can't get anything out of him and letting him play the final 6 games is just giving into this overpaid douche.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 06:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Can they pull the plug on him when he's ready to come back and decide, no, offers not on the table any longer? They can't get anything out of him and letting him play the final 6 games is just giving into this overpaid douche.

The Steelers can rescind the tag at any time before he signs, but Bell becomes an UFA if they do.  Bell doesn't seem to have any incentive to play the final 6 games, other than accruing a year towards FA.  
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 05:52 PM)pally Wrote: Sounds like he finally lost his teammates.  Don't piss off your offensive line.....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/05/ramon-foster-leveon-bell-doesnt-give-a-damn/

Ramon Foster: Le’Veon Bell “doesn’t give a damn”
Posted by Darin Gantt on September 5, 2018, 4:17 PM EDT

Players typically have the backs of other players in matters of contracts.

But things seem to have taken a turn in Pittsburgh.

According to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Steelers veteran Ramon Foster had some choice words regarding the absence of running back Le'Veon Bell.

“What do you do?” Foster said. “Here’s a guy who doesn’t give a damn, I guess so we’ll treat it as such. I just hate it came to this. . . .

“He’s making seven times what I make twice as much as [left tackle] Al [Villanueva] is making and we’re the guys who do it for him.”

Bell has yet to sign his franchise tender, and his agent indicated today that they’re worried compromising his long-term value with a short-term workload.

But the other players are concerned about the game they have to play now.

“The business part, I get it,” center Maurkice Pouncey said. “All of us at some point have been hurt in that situation. Now that it’s game day, we have a game this Sunday, now we’re all the way into the game-plan as of Wednesday’s practice and you’re still not here? It’s bigger than just business.”

The Steelers have to love that the guys in the locker room are exerting pressure on Bell, who hasn’t given any indication when he plans to arrive.

I don't think he really cares if his teammates are mad.  They aren't going to be his teammates next year and it's not like they're taking pay cuts to keep him.  Make no mistake, they're mad because Ben's window is closing and they aren't a SB contender without Bell.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 06:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Can they pull the plug on him when he's ready to come back and decide, no, offers not on the table any longer? They can't get anything out of him and letting him play the final 6 games is just giving into this overpaid douche.

"Pull the plug" meaning? Resciend the tag? No. But you can bench his ass, which exactly what I would do. And the first time he farted sideways, I'd punish him to the fullest extent allowed by the CBA, even suspending him from the team if I could. 

If I were Tomlin, his stat line for the 2018 season would be....

ATT 0
YDS 0
APC 0.0
TDS 0
REC 0
YPC 0.0
REC YDS 0

What this douche canoe doesn't realize is that his future employers are watching this play out. And in addition to Pot Head, Often injured, Malcontent, and Diva, you can now add Sandbagger to the list of things that he is. It's not sitting well with his current O line and you can bet it his possible future O line won't want to block for a Sandbagger either. They're out there busting their ass and playing injured and laying it on the line for a guy who won't reciprocate? He's a marked man in the NFL amongst fellow players and he's too stupid to realize. 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 09:29 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't think he really cares if his teammates are mad.  They aren't going to be his teammates next year and it's not like they're taking pay cuts to keep him.  Make no mistake, they're mad because Ben's window is closing and they aren't a SB contender without Bell.

No, they are mad because they are there busting their asses and playing through injury in order to win a championship, and this clown is going to show up at the time that optimizes his paycheck while minimizing his chance at injury as not to impact any future paychecks.

It's been stated that this is different than a player holding out. Its then that teammates are very supportive of a guy trying to get the most money that he can. As per the rules, the Steelers cannot offer him anymore money right now if they wanted, and he cannot go anywhere else. Therefore at this point, him refusing to show up is not about getting more money, but him protecting himself.....all the while they're out there giving it everything. 

It's not sitting well with he teammates, especially his o line. 
Reply/Quote
Better yet whenever he does show up, I'd make him return punts. Or lobby the NFL to allow the wedge again and make him the wedge buster.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 10:02 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Just curious but did they remove the others during the facial reconstruction after he bounced his head off that poor motorist’s windshield?

there was no facial reconstruction. If there was, he should sue for malpractice. 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 09:45 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: No, they are mad because they are there busting their asses and playing through injury in order to win a championship, and this clown is going to show up at the time that optimizes his paycheck while minimizing his chance at injury as not to impact any future paychecks.

It's been stated that this is different than a player holding out. Its then that teammates are very supportive of a guy trying to get the most money that he can. As per the rules, the Steelers cannot offer him anymore money right now if they wanted, and he cannot go anywhere else. Therefore at this point, him refusing to show up is not about getting more money, but him protecting himself.....all the while they're out there giving it everything. 

It's not sitting well with he teammates, especially his o line. 

The Steelers can't give him any more money.  He can still get more money if he can get traded or released, neither of which is happening if he signs.  Like it or not, there are still business reasons as to why he hasn't signed.

Right or wrong, Bell feels screwed by the Steelers organization.  They had him play out his rookie deal for a fraction of what he was worth.  They tagged him, then wouldn't trade him after they failed to come to terms on a long term deal.  Then, they gave him a career record number of touches, tagged him again, then refused to trade him again after failing to come to terms.  His position has always been that if the Steelers won't pay him what he thinks he's worth, then let me go somewhere where I will.

His side of the argument is that he's putting up more yards and TD's than anybody else on the roster.  Brown got paid, twice, and Bell didn't.  If Bell played WR and put up the yards and TD's he does, he would have been paid already.  He's not getting paid primarily because he's a RB(being a pothead also hurts his case).  RB's don't get paid big long term deals because of the wear and tear on their bodies.  That feeds into the position that the Steelers are just trying to use him up in his prime without fairly compensating him, then will kick him to the curb when there's nothing left.  Which isn't far from the truth.  The Steelers are just trying to keep him there to get one more championship out of Ben before he retires and they have to start playing the QB lottery again.  If they were looking at the long term, they would have given Bell what he wanted and traded him.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 12:21 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 5 yrs 70 million is not peanuts

No it is not, especially when one never knows if a RB will be productive or healthy for 5 more years.

He should have signed.  Plus not so sure he will get any more money than that and will most likely play on a weaker team now. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote