Poll: Bates, Bell or none too costly
Bell (age 28) 10 million per year
Bates (age 26) 14 million per year
None, go with Hill and draft a rookie
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell for 10 million per year or Bates for 14 million per year
(02-11-2023, 03:06 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Damn didn't expect those results.

I want Bates back. Everybody wants Bell for his leadership qualities. Well Bates is younger, better, and has leadership qualities of his own.

I felt like Bell wasn't as impactful later in the season.

Hopefully our secondary makeover isn't too painful. Chiefs beat us in the Championship with I think three rookie DBs playing so there is that.

You're going to have a mixed bag in terms of people wanting Bates back, but most would lean towards keeping him if it was based on talent/position.

The price tag and terms are why when polled, Bell realistically is the winner.

It's not that they don't want him or realize his importance. 

I sure hope we don't lose both!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Bates value is what other teams offer him. I think it will be well off of what he and his agent think he is worth.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2023, 10:29 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Bates value is what other teams offer him. I think it will be well off of what he and his agent think he is worth.

True. all players value is in the hands of the market (all teams in the NFL).

I like them both, but I feel the contracts each receive will be closer than many expect. Bell is rated the 4th best strong safety, Bates is rated the 9th best fee safety. I feel many under value Bell, I believe he will command close to 10 million a year, I think some fans think it is a lot less.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote