Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bellichick out in New England per reports
The Patriots are expected to part ways with long time coach Bill Belichick today per reporting from...well every NFL reporter. Is it a coincidence that the Titans released Mike Vrable yesterday and today Belichick is out? Vrabel is widely expected to be the leader in the clubhouse for the New England job

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 09:20 AM)pally Wrote: The Patriots are expected to part ways with long time coach Bill Belichick today per reporting from...well every NFL reporter.  Is it a coincidence that the Titans released Mike Vrable yesterday and today Belichick is out?  Vrabel is widely expected to be the leader in the clubhouse for the New England job

is NE the best place for Vrable though  
Reply/Quote
Shula... 347 victories.

Belichick...333 victories.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It was definitely time.

If Bill coaches again, he better not have the final say in personnel/draft ... he's been quite poor at that for a while now.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 09:44 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Shula... 347 victories.

Belichick...333 victories.

Yeah hes not done yet
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 09:50 AM)IcoHolic Wrote: It was definitely time.

If Bill coaches again, he better not have the final say in personnel/draft ... he's been quite poor at that for a while now.

I think he had already said he was willing to give up some control.

If dallas is 1 and done....        That could be bills new home
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 11:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think he had already said he was willing to give up some control.

Jerry and Bill... I can't see that going well!
Reply/Quote
I figured it was over for him.

Bunch of HC vacancies in NFL this offseason.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 11:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think he had already said he was willing to give up some control.

Chargers are still my guess with a dark horse candidate of the Bears. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
How can they make coaching changes? He led them to a Super Bowl.

Ninja
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 05:18 PM)Destro Wrote: How can they make coaching changes? He led them to a Super Bowl.

Ninja

All them AFC championship games too
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If I were Bill, and I still want to coach, I'm going after the ATL job. After a quarter century of coaching in the often BRUTALLY cold winters of New England, I'd be sooo ready for warm weather or a dome. Atlanta provides both. Atlanta has a Built-For-Bill running offense and player personnel already in place. ATL has weapons at WR and TE (if Pitts is retained).

LAC has an opening, but I feel like they'll go the offensive-guy route this go-round. Bill is a defense guy. Bill vs LA media? Don't see it happening. THEY would love it, Bill...not so much.

The Bears job could be enticing. That's an organization that is known for running the ball and defense. They own a bunch of draft capital and can go any direction they want when building their roster. They could retain Fields and "fix" him with the right QB coach and offensive scheme, spending their draft building the rest of their roster with top-of-each-round talent. But again...Chicago winters? Brrrrrrrrr. Chicago vs GB late in the year? Brrrrrrrrr. I'm trying to stay warm in MY twilight years if I'm Billy B! I know that SHOULDN'T effect a coach's decision on desired destination, but Bill has earned the right to be as picky as he wants, in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
Atlanta would be my choice if I'm Belichick. A well-regarded owner. A soft division. Outside of QB they actually have some pretty decent pieces in place on offense and defense too. They own #8, and management could try and move up for a franchise QB and really go all-in over the next couple of years.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 02:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Chargers are still my guess with a dark horse candidate of the Bears. 

i see the chargers making a Harbuah run
Reply/Quote
He’s interviewing with ATL. Our Guy Jessie Bates might land one of the greatest defensive coaches of all time.

Reply/Quote
What an awful awful awful fit Dallas would be for Belichick with all the worst kind of attention around the clock, around the calendar. Philly would be better in theory, but if they have a toxic room it won't matter much. Personally, I don't know why he's so hellbent on finding another job so soon. He must have an insatiable thirst for coaching.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2024, 04:56 PM)tms Wrote: What an awful awful awful fit Dallas would be for Belichick with all the worst kind of attention around the clock, around the calendar. Philly would be better in theory, but if they have a toxic room it won't matter much. Personally, I don't know why he's so hellbent on finding another job so soon. He must have an insatiable thirst for coaching.

I'd say that he probably wants the All-Time win total, prior to fading off into broadcast acres..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote