Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Boulware
After the game last night, I looked up Boulware's draft potential.

CBS listed him as 7th rounder possibly an UDFA.
Walter Football lists him as 3rd to 5th rounder.

Granted I have not seen much tape on him, I do know he stepped up big in both the OSU and the Alabama games. Seeing him blowing up plays before they can be set up and seeing how he led that defense is really something I think we are missing.

Yes, Burfict is crazy all over the field making tackles and whatnot. But I think a vocal leader like Boulware will also do this team some good. His play in big time games looked like he definitely does his film study as he knew the plays the offense was running before the ball was hiked.

I think if the Bengals planning on taking him as a late-round flyer, they could also plan to use the other picks to address other holes like DL/DE, OL, or just the best available like if Mike Williams fell to us.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 12:39 PM)CincyWestside Wrote: After the game last night, I looked up Boulware's draft potential.

CBS listed him as 7th rounder possibly an UDFA.
Walter Football lists him as 3rd to 5th rounder.

Granted I have not seen much tape on him, I do know he stepped up big in both the OSU and the Alabama games. Seeing him blowing up plays before they can be set up and seeing how he led that defense is really something I think we are missing.

Yes, Burfict is crazy all over the field making tackles and whatnot. But I think a vocal leader like Boulware will also do this team some good. His play in big time games looked like he definitely does his film study as he knew the plays the offense was running before the ball was hiked.

I think if the Bengals planning on taking him as a late-round flyer, they could also plan to use the other picks to address other holes like DL/DE, OL, or just the best available like if Mike Williams fell to us.

Yeah, that is his game, and he is VERY intense, as a Noles fan, I'm glad to see him leave!

I too was shocked when I saw his projection.  His physical traits may not be all that, but his football acumen and intangibles are off the charts.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 01:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, that is his game, and he is VERY intense, as a Noles fan, I'm glad to see him leave!

I too was shocked when I saw his projection.  His physical traits may not be all that, but his football acumen and intangibles are off the charts.

Seems smart, but my guess is knock on him for being light and not a super athlete. I'm guessing he will get a lot of Chris Borland comparisons, which I'd take if I were him.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 01:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: Seems smart, but my guess is knock on him for being light and not a super athlete. I'm guessing he will get a lot of Chris Borland comparisons, which I'd take if I were him.

I'm thinking that as well.  Dude has a knack for being in the right place at the right time, and is super intense.....his motor never stops.  I think he's one of those guys that compensates for his physical limitations with excessive film work and hustle.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 01:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, that is his game, and he is VERY intense, as a Noles fan, I'm glad to see him leave!

Think Zach Thomas.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 01:40 PM)McC Wrote: Think Zach Thomas.

I could live with that!

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 02:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: I could live with that!

5 time All-Pro out of the 5th round?  Me too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 01:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm thinking that as well.  Dude has a knack for being in the right place at the right time, and is super intense.....his motor never stops.  I think he's one of those guys that compensates for his physical limitations with excessive film work and hustle.

And, don't forget, epic whiskers.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 04:56 PM)McC Wrote: And, don't forget, epic whiskers.

A man after me own heart there..... :andy:

Reply/Quote