Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ben Brown to IR
https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-roster-moves-ben-brown-reserve-injured-list

Quote:The Bengals today placed C Ben Brown on the Reserve/Injured list with a biceps injury. Brown, a rookie out of the University of Mississippi, signed with the Bengals as a college free agent in May.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 03:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-roster-moves-ben-brown-reserve-injured-list

I thought I saw him grab his upper arm towards the end of the game on Friday.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
If he can stay healthy I think the kid can be good, 2 years in a row with season ending injuries make it tough however.

Stash him on IR and hope he comes back stronger next season.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Down 
(08-15-2022, 03:11 PM)pally Wrote: I thought I saw him grab his upper arm towards the end of the game on Friday.  

Hmm. He had a torn bicep last season @ Miss. I liked the pickup a lot when we got him.
Reply/Quote
This sucks I had high hopes for him supplanting Trey Hill as our backup C. At this point with Carman looking so bad and Brown injured Duke needs to sign Hopkins and Spain it would be such a shame to risk all this work we've done in the off-season on the OL by not getting some good backup/insurance vets on the roster.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 06:25 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: This sucks I had high hopes for him supplanting Trey Hill as our backup C.  At this point with Carman looking so bad and Brown injured Duke needs to sign Hopkins and Spain it would be such a shame to risk all this work we've done in the off-season on the OL by not getting some good backup/insurance vets on the roster.

It's not good for the Bengals OL right now.

D'Ante Smith hasn't stayed healthy this Training Camp/Preseason.
Collins still hasn't fully started action with Bengals yet.
Carman didn't look good.
Prince didn't look good.
Adeniji didn't look good.
Brown to IR.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Tiger

Ouch!
The backups aren't getting better and thats a huge problem. Who got better along the offensive line?
I never understood why they never brought Anthony Munoz to camp just to be a teaching vessel. Especially for the young guys. Please visit my thread "Is Jackson Carman your starting LG" You'll find some interesting perspectives that are relevant RIGHT NOW ! Some were already out front. If nothing else its an interesting read.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 08:18 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Ouch!
The backups aren't getting better and thats a huge problem. Who got better along the offensive line?
I never understood why they never brought Anthony Munoz to camp just to be a teaching vessel. Especially for the young guys. Please visit my thread "Is Jackson Carman your starting LG" You'll find some interesting perspectives that are relevant RIGHT NOW ! Some were already out front. If nothing else its an interesting read.

Munoz was literally just at camp last week.

https://www.bengals.com/photos/training-camp-anthony-munoz-practice-preseason-week-1-cardinals

Reply/Quote
Sucks to lose Brown. I felt like he was going to unseat Trey Hill for the backup center job.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Sucks. I like(d) this dude. I still have faith in Hill, tho. He played at a high level for years in the SEC next to Ben Cleveland, and I always thought he possessed great potential if he could get healthy. I think his biggest problem is that he's been assimilated into a rotten culture (at least for the position group) and may be playing down to his supporting cast. Hopefully LC, AC and TK will change that this year and help give him a fresh start. He's still a diamond in the rough as far as I'm concerned, but he is running out of time.

No excuses for Frank anymore. He was brought in to help develop these guys. It's not easy but that's the job.
Reply/Quote
I still think we will add someone here at final cut down week. I still think we roll with this:

LT-Williams
LG- Carmen
C- Karras
RG- Cappa
RT- Collins

Backups:

C/G- Hill
G- Volson
T- Prince
G/T-Smith
T/G- waiver wire pickup, or veteran FA on cheap 1 yr deal
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 11:13 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: I still think we will add someone here at final cut down week. I still think we roll with this:

LT-Williams
LG- Carmen
C- Karras
RG- Cappa
RT- Collins

Backups:

C/G- Hill
G- Volson
T- Prince
G/T-Smith

Personally, I'd like to see Adeniji, Prince, and Hill off the roster, but Adeniji is the main player who needs replaced.
Spain or Hopkins makes the most sense given both know the offense.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 11:13 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: I still think we will add someone here at final cut down week. I still think we roll with this:

LT-Williams
LG- Carmen
C- Karras
RG- Cappa
RT- Collins

Backups:

C/G- Hill
G- Volson
T- Prince
G/T-Smith

we can do better than that at LG
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 11:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: we can do better than that at LG

I think it makes sense to see how both Carman and Volson do in this next Preaseason game(s).
If both are underwhelming, it'd be a good time to look for someone to scoop up.
I'd personally lean toward finding someone right after this week's preseason game to give an extra week of practice, but I can understand waiting until after Preaseason Game 3. The final preseason game is 8/27, so it'd still give 2 full weeks of practice time before Week 1.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 12:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think it makes sense to see how both Carman and Volson do in this next Preaseason game(s).
If both are underwhelming, it'd be a good time to look for someone to scoop up.
I'd personally lean toward finding someone right after this week's preseason game to give an extra week of practice, but I can understand waiting until after Preaseason Game 3. The final preseason game is 8/27, so it'd still give 2 full weeks of practice time before Week 1.

And Trey Hill who had a solid pre-season game. Pollack said he liked what he seen and will get LG reps which he did yesterday with the 2s.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 12:25 PM)Synric Wrote: And Trey Hill who had a solid pre-season game. Pollack said he liked what he seen and will get LG reps which he did yesterday with the 2s.

I didn't hear anything about Trey Hill and was unable to watch the game.
Intrigued to see him though, as I was not excited when he was drafted.
I felt he was too limited athletically to handle the offensive scheme.
I've felt he's a better fit in a mauling gap scheme where it's heavier rush than pass.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 12:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I didn't hear anything about Trey Hill and was unable to watch the game.
Intrigued to see him though, as I was not excited when he was drafted.
I felt he was too limited athletically to handle the offensive scheme.
I've felt he's a better fit in a mauling gap scheme where it's heavier rush than pass.

Very Similar profile to Cordell Volson. Athletically Limited from a heavy run offense. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 02:10 PM)Synric Wrote: Very Similar profile to Cordell Volson. Athletically Limited from a heavy run offense. 

We all know I wasn't a huge fan of the Volson selection either, for the same reasons lol.
Maybe one/both will change my opinion.

Although I kinda feel like Pollack wants the mold of a mauler but the team doesn't run an offense that caters to that.
Could explain the lack of performance we've seen with the OL.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Gosh this blows.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 11:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Personally, I'd like to see Adeniji, Prince, and Hill off the roster, but Adeniji is the main player who needs replaced.
Spain or Hopkins makes the most sense given both know the offense.

I agree. I watched the offensive snaps again. Just to watch Carman and Colson. But Adeniji is bad and Hill also seems to be pretty terrible. Prince at least can be serviceable if he has to play. Hopkins and Spain might be what needs to happen. I thought Carman had a bad night but some of it appeared to be mental so hopefully he learns from his mistakes. Volson played good just didn't look great in space.

I was thinking how deep we are at DE right now. If they will try and work a trade out DE for OL?
Reply/Quote