Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ben Brown to IR
(08-16-2022, 12:25 PM)Synric Wrote: And Trey Hill who had a solid pre-season game. Pollack said he liked what he seen and will get LG reps which he did yesterday with the 2s.

I am by no means an offensive line guy. But rewatched all the oline snaps and Trey Hill looked awful to me. There was a run play in the game where I assume Carman and whoever the LT was I think Prince had miscommunication and ran up field letting the DE come in untouched the RB got tackled in the backfield. I went back because I assumed that player made the tackle. But Trey Hill got beat so bad his guy could make the tackle before a literally untouched guy could make it. There was also multiple times he got beat like that. People freaking out over Carman and in my opinion Trey Hill looked worse. Now like Volson I thought Ben Brown looked good but now he's hurt. Again I'm no oline guy so maybe there's aspects I'm not aware of but if Trey Hill is at any point our starting center I am going to be very afraid.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 05:56 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Hmm.   He had a torn bicep last season @ Miss.   I liked the pickup a lot when we got him.

Dang, didn't know that but makes sense on him going undrafted. Too bad it happened again.

Didn't like some of what I saw from Trey Hill in the last Preseason game. Had a bad snap and got beat a bit.

Might need to bring in a Center an OT and a Guard now. Adeniji and Prince were terrible against the Cards.

Really liked what I saw from Volson though and also thought Carman played pretty good even if he got beat a couple times.

Carman definitely plays better on the left side of the Line.
Reply/Quote