Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Ben Can't Change The Play At The Line?!
(01-18-2018, 12:29 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: You supported someone that was 23 and bringing girls as young as 15 to his hotel room and getting them drunk. I wonder what his intentions were there? Why wasn't any other guys there if he wasn't intending on raping them? All signs point to something sleazy and illegal on his part.

Ever think he was hooking up with (or trying to hook up with) the one that was 18 and legal and then the other two girls were just friends of hers?

I figure that you don’t know the story and just posted some vague description based off of a Google search when you actually have no idea what actually happened, as usual.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 01:31 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ever think he was hooking up with (or trying to hook up with) the one that was 18 and legal and then the other two girls were just friends of hers?

I figure that you don’t know the story and just posted some vague description based off of a Google search when you actually have no idea what actually happened, as usual.

That's a typical Bengals fan to make excuses for Chris's really sketchy behavior to try and make it look normal for an adult man to have underage girls in his hotel while filling them up with alcohol. It's illegal for even the 18 year old to be drinking, so you're ok with a grown man supplying minors with alcohol to possibly hook up with them in his hotel room? My God I hope you never have kids since you seem ok with it. It honestly really makes me wonder about your level of sanity now.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 02:34 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: That's a typical Bengals fan to make excuses for Chris's really sketchy behavior to try and make it look normal for an adult man to have underage girls in his hotel while filling them up with alcohol. It's illegal for even the 18 year old to be drinking, so you're ok with a grown man supplying minors with alcohol to possibly hook up with them in his hotel room? My God I hope you never have kids since you seem ok with it. It honestly really makes me wonder about your level of sanity now.

Hilarious

Typical Steelers fan trying to redirect to take attention off the fact that his quarterback is a known rapist.

It was definitely not ok, but Chris definitely wasn't trying to hook up with them, and the one that was 18 even tried to accuse him of something but then admitted that she was full of shit.

So you're trying to equate buying alcohol for minors with raping a woman?  Name one thing worse to happen to a woman than raping her.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 01:31 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ever think he was hooking up with (or trying to hook up with) the one that was 18

(01-18-2018, 03:15 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Chris definitely wasn't trying to hook up with them,

So which is it? Was he or wasn't he trying to hook up? You seem to change your opinion about what happened here to fit your criteria. As for the 18 year old taking back the rape accusation did you ever think maybe he bought her off? A rich football player can buy off women? No way. No one knows exactly what happened in that hotel room except for a football player that's dead and some drunk underage girls. All we do know for sure is that he has very questionable morals and and was up to no good that night.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 04:42 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: So which is it? Was he or wasn't he trying to hook up? You seem to change your opinion about what happened here to fit your criteria. As for the 18 year old taking back the rape accusation did you ever think maybe he bought her off? A rich football player can buy off women? No way. No one knows exactly what happened in that hotel room except for a football player that's dead and some drunk underage girls. All we do know for sure is that he has very questionable morals and and was up to no good that night.

I obviously meant he wasn't trying to hook up with the ones who were underaged, or do you think he just figured they'd all have a foursome with him?

Do you think he thought that they'd be ok just sitting and watching them hook up?

If he bought her off, we would have heard about it, especially in this area which is a hot-spot for gossip.  
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 02:34 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: That's a typical Bengals fan to make excuses for Chris's really sketchy behavior to try and make it look normal for an adult man to have underage girls in his hotel while filling them up with alcohol. It's illegal for even the 18 year old to be drinking, so you're ok with a grown man supplying minors with alcohol to possibly hook up with them in his hotel room? My God I hope you never have kids since you seem ok with it. It honestly really makes me wonder about your level of sanity now.

Not surprising. Even though PacMan is on video punching a woman in the face, Brad excuses it. Says that a big bad NFL player feared for his safety even though there was a barricade between them and he had plenty of opportunity to just walk away.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 06:12 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I don't think he's capable of making a post without rape. He's obsessed with Ben's rape accusations. I couldn't imagine how much he would bring it up if Ben was actually found guilty. It's truly an unhealthy obsession, about as unhealthy as as Mike Mitchell obsession. I'd say he's easily the worst Bengals posters, I ever seen here.

Sticking with football:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/118647-the-10-worst-quarterbacks-to-win-a-super-bowl

It's all about defenses!

The 10 Worst Quarterbacks To Win a Super Bowl

10. Terry Bradshaw
1 OF 10

9. Ben Roethlisberger
2 OF 10

8. Eli Manning
3 OF 10

7. Ken Stabler
4 OF 10

6. Doug Williams
5 OF 10

5. Jim Plunkett
6 OF 10

4. Jeff Hostetler
7 OF 10

3. Brad Johnson
8 OF 10

2. Trent Dilfer
9 OF 10

1. Joe Namath[/color]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 11:02 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Sticking with football:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/118647-the-10-worst-quarterbacks-to-win-a-super-bowl

It's all about defenses!

The 10 Worst Quarterbacks To Win a Super Bowl

I don't see and Bengals QBs on that list.  Congrats.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 11:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: I don't see and Bengals QBs on that list.  Congrats.   Mellow

You don't see Dan Marino or Jim Kelly on it either. Like I said. It's about defenses!

Best QB's never to win the Super Bowl

8/11
[Image: 090122_DanMarino.jpg?itok=i0R-dyFT&times...1441437170]
Dan Marino
Marino played in one Super Bowl (XIX) and the Dolphins lost to the 49ers in 1985. No quarterback has completed more passes in a career than Marino, who retired following the 1999 season with 4,967 completions.
He led the league six times in completions. Marino ranks second in yards gained (61,361) and third in touchdown passes (420). It didn't do him any good as far as winning a Super Bowl.

[/url]
[Image: 090122_JimKelly.jpg?itok=MGWdlJn0&timest...1441437170]
Jim Kelly
Kelly led the Buffalo Bills to four consecutive Super Bowls (1991-1994) and the Bills lost all four. He orchestrated a fast-paced offense and finished his 11-year career with 2,874 completions in 4,779 attempts for 35,467 yards and 237 touchdowns, which are franchise records. More than anything, Kelly and Marino were the pioneers in quarterback-driven, pass-first offenses that set a landscape in the NFL.

[Image: 090122_FranTarkenton.jpg?itok=P3T1lLwb&t...1441437170]
Fran Tarkenton
Tarkenton led the Vikings to the Super Bowl three times and they lost all three (1974, 1975, 1977). He was the NFL MVP in 1975 and was selected for the Pro Bowl nine times.
In 18 NFL seasons, Tarkenton completed 3,686 of 6,467 passes for 47,003 yards and 342 touchdowns (fourth all-time). He also used his impressive scrambling ability to run for 3,674 rushing yards.

[Image: 090122_DanFouts.jpg?itok=om_AXcyo&timest...1441437170]
Dan Fouts
Few quarterbacks were as productive as the Chargers quarterback was with "Air Coryell," one of the first run-and-gun schemes. He led the league four consecutive years in yards gained (1979-1982) and is one of just four quarterbacks to have back-to-back 400-yard passing games. Sadly for Fouts, the San Diego defense was always allowed to get back on the field, so no Super Bowl.

[Image: 090122_WarrenMoon.jpg?itok=QLXPoZwg&time...1441437170]
Warren Moon
Moon ranks fifth all-time in passing yards, seventh in completions, and eighth in touchdown passes. The Houston and Minnesota teams he played for could never quite get over the hump and into a Super Bowl and ended his career struggling with the Seahawks and Chiefs.

[Image: 090122_VinnyTestaverde.jpg?itok=-b4ao0pv...1441437170]
Vinny Testaverde
He had numbers. Testaverde played from 1987 to a seven-game stint with the Panthers in the 2007 season. He bounced from Tampa Bay to the Browns to the Jets, Cowboys, Patriots and Panthers.
He is ninth all-time in completions and threw 275 touchdown passes, which is tenth all-time. He led the Jets to the 1998 AFC Championship Game, one step from the Super Bowl, before losing to the Broncos.

[url=http://www.nbcsports.com/football/nfl/football/nfl/best-qbs-never-win-super-bowl-0#slide-7]
[Image: 090122_KenAnderson.jpg?itok=CcrcpmWy&tim...1441437170]
Ken Anderson
What's the test of a quarterback? Throwing balls, completing passes. No one has done it better in one season than Anderson, who completed a staggering 70 percent of his passes in 1982. The Bengals got bounced by the Jets in the playoffs before they got too close to the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 11:46 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: You don't see Dan Marino or Jim Kelly on it either. Like I said. It's about defenses!

Best QB's never to win the Super Bowl
[Image: 090122_KenAnderson.jpg?itok=CcrcpmWy&tim...1441437170]
Ken Anderson
What's the test of a quarterback? Throwing balls, completing passes. No one has done it better in one season than Anderson, who completed a staggering 70 percent of his passes in 1982. The Bengals got bounced by the Jets in the playoffs before they got too close to the Super Bowl.

Never to win.  Congrats again.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 06:55 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I obviously meant he wasn't trying to hook up with the ones who were underaged, or do you think he just figured they'd all have a foursome with him?

Do you think he thought that they'd be ok just sitting and watching them hook up?

If he bought her off, we would have heard about it, especially in this area which is a hot-spot for gossip.  

You're still excusing his behavior having drunk underage girls in his hotel room? How do you know what his intentions were with these girls once he got them drunk enough? You don't know if this girl signed an agreement to never speak of it again and in return he gave her a couple million dollars. I'm not saying he did pay her off for sure but you can't say he didn't pay her off for sure either.

(01-18-2018, 08:42 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Not surprising. Even though PacMan is on video punching a woman in the face, Brad excuses it. Says that a big bad NFL player feared for his safety even though there was a barricade between them and he had plenty of opportunity to just walk away.

Yeah they have some unsavory players on their team that other Bengals fans have said weren't good, but Brad continually makes excuses for all of them and calls us blind homers and worse for making valid excuses for any of them.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 04:42 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: So which is it? Was he or wasn't he trying to hook up? You seem to change your opinion about what happened here to fit your criteria. As for the 18 year old taking back the rape accusation did you ever think maybe he bought her off? A rich football player can buy off women? No way. No one knows exactly what happened in that hotel room except for a football player that's dead and some drunk underage girls. All we do know for sure is that he has very questionable morals and and was up to no good that night.

I don't condone the behavior of any of these idiots, nor do I like it......but really, the same could be said about Pig Pen.  There's usually fire where there is smoke.  I'm not sure why folks are so quick to defend Pig Pen, but then think that it's other players that pay off women to shut up, and not him.  Just a casual observation, carry on.

Also, FWIW, most fans and even Mediocre Merv wanted Henry removed from the team, it was Son of Paul that brought him back. Even after Merv said he would never play in Cincy again.......and people wonder why it's hard for Merv to control the loons on the team.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 12:01 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: You're still excusing his behavior having drunk underage girls in his hotel room? How do you know what his intentions were with these girls once he got them drunk enough? You don't know if this girl signed an agreement to never speak of it again and in return he gave her a couple million dollars. I'm not saying he did pay her off for sure but you can't say he didn't pay her off for sure either.

Like I said, it's Northern Kentucky.  It's one big bubble.  If he had paid her off, it would have been big news and everyone would have known about it.  

Also, you really think Chris Henry had the kind of money to just throw millions of dollars at a girl?

There would also be a girl in the area with suddenly a lot of money that everyone would know about, but that also didn't happen.

You're becoming desperate in your attempts.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 12:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: I don't condone the behavior of any of these idiots, nor do I like it......but really, the same could be said about Pig Pen.  There's usually fire where there is smoke.  I'm not sure why folks are so quick to defend Pig Pen, but then think that it's other players that pay off women to shut up, and not him.  Just a casual observation, carry on.

Also, FWIW, most fans and even Mediocre Merv wanted Henry removed from the team, it was Son of Paul that brought him back.  Even after Merv said he would never play in Cincy again.......and people wonder why it's hard for Merv to control the loons on the team.

You're right about people defending Ben. I however wasn't one of them. I don't defend any idiot that puts himself in this kind of position. I personally don't like him at all. I've said that numerous times here. Steelers quarterback or not he's a douche.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 11:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: Never to win.  Congrats again.   Smirk

Oh boy, where do I start??

On the Worst QBs to win list;

Terry Bradshaw benefited from the best DEFENSE over a period of time that ever was in the NFL, plus one of the great receiving duos of all time, and an excellent running back. (Not to mention he even thinks Tomlin is average at best)

Ben benefited from, again, great DEFENSES, AND not having to face the Patriots either time he won his 2 titles.

Most of the rest of the QBs on that 'Worst' list benefited from stellar DEFENSES.

On the Best QBs never to win;

Jim Kelly had the misfortune of never having a great DEFENSE.
He had the fortunate record of 4 straight SB appearances which I don't think will ever be tied again.

Ken Anderson had the misfortune of facing Joe Montana.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 02:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Like I said, it's Northern Kentucky.  It's one big bubble.  If he had paid her off, it would have been big news and everyone would have known about it.  

Also, you really think Chris Henry had the kind of money to just throw millions of dollars at a girl?

There would also be a girl in the area with suddenly a lot of money that everyone would know about, but that also didn't happen.

You're becoming desperate in your attempts.

You've been desperate in your attempts to defend Chris. Why is that? Even if it didn't get any further than them drinking, why would he put himself in that position to begin with? If he was just planning on hooking up with her, why wouldn't he just take her to the movies or something? If I plan on just hooking up with someone I wouldn't think, hey let's go to a hotel room and get drunk even if you're underage. That there should send red flags that the guy is a douchebag and should go to jail. What would happen if the 15, 16 or 18 year old would get behind the wheel and kill someone? What if one of these girls came on to him and wanted to have sex? Are you saying a horny 23 year old would turn it down especially considering he took them to a hotel room and filled them with alcohol? Please don't tell me you would be so naive to believe he would suddenly turn them down and become a law abiding citizen.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 02:55 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Oh boy, where do I start??

On the Worst QBs to win list;

Terry Bradshaw benefited from the best DEFENSE over a period of time that ever was in the NFL, plus one of the great receiving duos of all time, and an excellent running back.

Ben benefited from, again, great DEFENSES, AND not having to face the Patriots either time he won his 2 titles.

Most of the rest of the QBs on that 'Worst' list benefited from stellar DEFENSES.

On the Best QBs never to win;

Jim Kelly had the misfortune of never having a great DEFENSE.
He had the fortunate record of 4 straight SB appearances which I don't think will ever be tied again.

Ken Anderson had the misfortune of facing Joe Montana.

Ken Anderson should definitely be in the HOF. The fact that he isn't is the biggest joke ever.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 03:06 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Ken Anderson should definitely be in the HOF. The fact that he isn't is the biggest joke ever.

Many in here agree CO.  But, I think we can agree that, in football, defenses can carry teams that would not otherwise do well, which is why you can have a list of Trent Dilfers, Brad Johnsons, Eli Mannings, and such win Super Bowls.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 03:25 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Many in here agree CO.  But, I think we can agree that, in football, defenses can carry teams that would not otherwise do well, which is why you can have a list of Trent Dilfers, Brad Johnsons, Eli Mannings, and such win Super Bowls.

You could easily add Terry Bradshaw to that list in my opinion. He was an average quarterback that won because of the Steelers curtain. I bet Ken Anderson would have won at least as many as Terry did and possibly more.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 03:03 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: You've been desperate in your attempts to defend Chris. Why is that? Even if it didn't get any further than them drinking, why would he put himself in that position to begin with? If he was just planning on hooking up with her, why wouldn't he just take her to the movies or something? If I plan on just hooking up with someone I wouldn't think, hey let's go to a hotel room and get drunk even if you're underage. That there should send red flags that the guy is a douchebag and should go to jail. What would happen if the 15, 16 or 18 year old would get behind the wheel and kill someone? What if one of these girls came on to him and wanted to have sex? Are you saying a horny 23 year old would turn it down especially considering he took them to a hotel room and filled them with alcohol? Please don't tell me you would be so naive to believe he would suddenly turn them down and become a law abiding citizen.

Because Steelers fans try and paint it like Chris getting drunk with underage girls is even remotely as bad as raping a woman!

Here's a hint:  they're not even in the same universe.

It was a stupid decision to put himself in that situation to begin with, but he didn't take them to the movies because you can't drink at the movies, and you said if he didn't plan on hooking up with "her," which, again, he obviously didn't think they were all going to sit there and watch.

If the 18-year-old came on to him and wanted to have sex, sure, maybe he does, but, even if the other girls wanted to have sex, who's to say that he would have?  Maybe they looked too young or maybe they were fat or ugly.  There are guys who don't just sleep with anything that moves.  I know plenty of people who aren't law-abiding citizens that wouldn't have sex with underage girls.
Reply/Quote