Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Ben Can't Change The Play At The Line?!
(01-18-2018, 06:33 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 100% on the mark CO!  I will root against the Pats most every time but I do have a ton of respect for Billy B!  He has proven himself.  Many think without Brady he's nothing but that's a false belief.

Look at what they did they year Brady was out for the season.  11-5.

Or when he sat out the first 4 games, they went 3-1 and probably would have gone 4-0 had the Grop not gotten hurt!

I would gladly trade Belichick for Tomlin. Then we'll know that it's not Brady. 
(01-18-2018, 06:34 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I never want to see that either.  I can't stand Beckham but felt sorry for his injury.  It reminded me of Joe Theismann's injury!

Oh my brother was very upset with the Joe Theismann injury. He's a big Redskins fan and use to watch them practice in Carlisle every year. I don't like Beckham either but he was comic relief when he got upset one night and threw his helmet at a kicking net and it flew back and hit him. I didn't see the injury live but I saw a video of it and wish him a speedy recovery. 
Reply/Quote
I like Gronk. Kinda has local ties. He spent his senior year at Woodland Hills HS where my wifes uncle taught him in history class. Says that he was the hardest working kid on the team. Always first one in and last one out. His family owns a chain of fitness stores, G&G Fitness (Gronkowski & Gronkowski) and there's one right by my house. I've bought a lot of shit from them. Rob does advertisements for them, but they can't use anything NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 06:44 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I agree with everything. Favorite team is the Steelers and my second is whoever the Pats are playing. I've even jumped up and down and cheered for the Ravens numerous times.
That said, I do respect both BB and TB. Unreal what they do up there. I don't think that they're as dominate without TB, but they're still a really good team as long as Hoodie is patrolling the sidelines. 

Pats are just a great organization through and through as far as development and finding the talent.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 06:50 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I like Gronk. Kinda has local ties. He spent his senior year at Woodland Hills HS where my wifes uncle taught him in history class. Says that he was the hardest working kid on the team. Always first one in and last one out. His family owns a chain of fitness stores, G&G Fitness (Gronkowski & Gronkowski) and there's one right by my house. I've bought a lot of shit from them. Rob does advertisements for them, but they can't use anything NFL.

I'm just old school SB.  I don't like players that 'carry on'.  I know that's how's it's changed but, for me, I like Jim Brown's answer when someone asked him about all the showboating, trash talking, and such.

His answer was, "I don't like it.  For me, it takes away from the 'team' concept and puts the focus on the player.  My 'show' was what I did on the field.  I didn't need to draw attention to myself afterward."
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 06:44 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I agree with everything. Favorite team is the Steelers and my second is whoever the Pats are playing. I've even jumped up and down and cheered for the Ravens numerous times.
That said, I do respect both BB and TB. Unreal what they do up there. I don't think that they're as dominate without TB, but they're still a really good team as long as Hoodie is patrolling the sidelines. 

Lots of people do what you just did there, so you're certainly not alone, but please take a look at this.  
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 02:53 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: You're right about people defending Ben. I however wasn't one of them. I don't defend any idiot that puts himself in this kind of position. I personally don't like him at all. I've said that numerous times here. Steelers quarterback or not he's a douche.

Rock On

(01-18-2018, 04:25 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: You could easily add Terry Bradshaw to that list in my opinion. He was an average quarterback that won because of the Steelers curtain. I bet Ken Anderson would have won at least as many as Terry did and possibly more.

Man, I wish this bunch in my fantasy football league were here to read this.....I brought up this same point, and two Steeler fans roasted me over it.  Homers. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 06:33 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 100% on the mark CO!  I will root against the Pats most every time but I do have a ton of respect for Billy B!  He has proven himself.  Many think without Brady he's nothing but that's a false belief.

Look at what they did they year Brady was out for the season.  11-5.

Or when he sat out the first 4 games, they went 3-1 and probably would have gone 4-0 had the Grop not gotten hurt!

LOL, such non-sense.

Why don't you count when Bill was 5-11 in 2000 with the Patriots, without Brady!

Or when he was with the Browns and had one winning season in 5 years!!!!!

That year he was 11-5 without Brady he did not make the playoffs!!!!

Brady has NEVER missed the playoffs and has NEVER had a losing season.

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 07:30 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: LOL, such non-sense.

Why don't you count when Bill was 5-11 in 2000 with the Patriots, without Brady!

Or when he was with the Browns and had one winning season in 5 years!!!!!

That year he was 11-5 without Brady he did not make the playoffs!!!!

Brady has NEVER missed the playoffs and has NEVER had a losing season.

You can't count Cleveland. No one succeeds in Cleveland. It sucks the life out of everyone who goes there. 
Reply/Quote
Actually BB won 36 games in 5 years with Cleveland. I'd consider that a HUGE success That's the best 5 year run for the Browns in 30 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 05:27 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: You can't count Cleveland. No one succeeds in Cleveland. It sucks the life out of everyone who goes there. 

[Image: browns-si.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 02:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: Rock On

Man, I wish this bunch in my fantasy football league were here to read this.....I brought up this same point, and two Steeler fans roasted me over it.  Homers. Smirk

I hate blind homers like that. Terry was average and only made it to he NFL because Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty didn't want to play football because it was interfering with hunting season.
Reply/Quote