Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Carson: Egyptian Pyramids Built For Grain Storage, Not By Aliens Or As Tombs
(11-05-2015, 08:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: This is why you're not even a GOOD troll.  Kind sad actually as you started out with great potential to stir things up in PnR and now you're just a one trick pony.   Sad

So we started with a story about Ben Carson and what he "believes".

So its ANOTHER example of how a brilliant neurosurgeon doesn't have clue about anything outside of his specific field of study.  And out of all he said every response you have made in this entire thread to this point is:

And you seriously think anyone is seriously going to debate you are take the bait when you offer nothing?  

btw, this IS all about you.  You are not contributing anything other than to take one word / phrase and try to make the entire post about it.  Same as you always do.  Your method of trolling has gotten boring.  Maybe you SHOULD make another alt account just to spice things up a bit.

Rock On

Dammit.... you stopped him before he got to "Jews are the aliens !!".
:snark:
(11-05-2015, 08:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: This is why you're not even a GOOD troll.  Kind sad actually as you started out with great potential to stir things up in PnR and now you're just a one trick pony.   Sad

So we started with a story about Ben Carson and what he "believes".

So its ANOTHER example of how a brilliant neurosurgeon doesn't have clue about anything outside of his specific field of study.  And out of all he said every response you have made in this entire thread to this point is:

And you seriously think anyone is seriously going to debate you are take the bait when you offer nothing?  

You are not contributing anything other than to take one word / phrase and try to make the entire post about it.  Same as you always do. 

It is almost like the word Aliens is in the title of the thread......

Hey wait a minute

So if someone focused on Ben Carson are they trolling? Cause it's in the title of the OP as well.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-05-2015, 10:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is almost like the word Aliens is in the title of the thread......

Hey wait a minute

So if someone focused on Ben Carson are they trolling? Cause it's in the title of the OP as well.

Yawn
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-05-2015, 08:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You said argue with things you actually said and I showed where you actually said you haven't seen any signs of intelligence outside of operating on brains.

Do you think being offered a West Point appointment shows any sign of intelligence?

Do you think graduating from Yale with a Major in psychology shows any sign of intelligence?

Did you notice the bolded part of your post I quoted? I bolded to indicate that was the portion of your post I was speaking to.

Hope that clarifies for you. As for him going to Yale, so did Dubya. Means nothing to me.
(11-05-2015, 08:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have zero issue if you guys want to assert there is as much evidence that the pyramids were used to store grain as there is that they were built by aliens from outer space.

You mean that Joseph and the Jews built the pyramids to store grain, right?

Okay. Well if you have no problem with it, then stop complaining about it.
(11-05-2015, 10:17 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: You mean that Joseph and the Jews built the pyramids to store grain, right?

Okay. Well if you have no problem with it, then stop complaining about it.

That slaves built the pyramids. I suppose you can get caught up in the label if you wish: jews, hebrews, isrealites, ect... and these facilities could have been used to store grain.

What type of aliens (sorry Dino it's in the title) do you assert built the pyramids?

What have I complained about?

(11-05-2015, 10:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That slaves built the pyramids. I suppose you can get caught up in the label if you wish: jews, hebrews, isrealites, ect... and these facilities could have been used to store grain.

What type of aliens (sorry Dino it's in the title) do you assert built the pyramids?

What have I complained about?

Yawn
(11-05-2015, 08:31 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: They were not tombs. I don't know what they were, but I know what they weren't.

Yes they were.
(11-05-2015, 10:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That slaves built the pyramids. I suppose you can get caught up in the label if you wish: jews, hebrews, isrealites, ect... and these facilities could have been used to store grain.

Nope, nope, and nope. Not historically possible, again. Sorry about your poor choice of preferred mythology. And if you happen to want to expand your list to include "Levantine nomads", then you'll need to provide even a smidgen of evidence that there was any significant number (at least a million) of slaves of that background in the ancient Egyptian Empire, something which I doubt you can do given that even so-called "biblical archaeologists" can't do it.

Quote:What type of aliens (sorry Dino it's in the title) do you assert built the pyramids?

As you know, neither I nor anybody else in this thread has asserted that aliens built the Pyramids. You'll have to go argue with somebody who actually said that if it's the debate you're looking for.
(11-06-2015, 02:09 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: As you know, neither I nor anybody else in this thread has asserted that aliens built the Pyramids. You'll have to go argue with somebody who actually said that if it's the debate you're looking for.

..and as you know, neither I nor anybody else in this thread has asserted that slaves built the Pyramids; just that it is more likely than aliens. I'm not arguing; just chuckling.

(11-05-2015, 07:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You won't see this very often, but I just gave JustWin rep.

Yeah, I knew throwing Halliburton in there was easy money for at least 2 or 3 of you.  And sure as the goose shits...
(11-05-2015, 08:31 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: They were not tombs. I don't know what they were, but I know what they weren't.

And here's a little news for anyone's that's interested, they also don't align with Orion's Belt, unless you flip and reverse one or the other.

They were.

Some of the earliest were under Sneferu, who had three built. It's believed he built three because the first one (Meidum) partially collapsed and the second also had some structural problems. That led to the Red (or Bat) Pyramid, which is the design most people think of. At the center of it is the burial chamber and that's about all the structure is, the burial chamber.

I know it would be cooler if it were aliens or Masons or Ice Giants or something, but it's just a grave. Albeit a giant one. But based on their religious view, the Pharaoh needed a place to protect his body and riches for the after life. That's why they entombed them in the center of a man-made mountain.
(11-06-2015, 02:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: ..and as you know, neither I nor anybody else in this thread has asserted that slaves built the Pyramids; just that it is more likely than aliens. I'm not arguing; just chuckling.

And I'm still quite comfortable in saying that aliens, which have at least a small possibility of existing, are more likely to have built the Pyramids than slaves that were "jews, hebrews, isrealites", who had no possibility of existing at the time.

That being said, that's like saying "the Easter Bunny has a better of chance of being real than Santa Claus". We have a pretty solid understanding about the Pyramids, and it doesn't require aliens, nonexistent Jews, the Illuminati or sci-fi robotics to explain.
(11-06-2015, 02:09 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Nope, nope, and nope. Not historically possible, again. Sorry about your poor choice of preferred mythology. And if you happen to want to expand your list to include "Levantine nomads", then you'll need to provide even a smidgen of evidence that there was any significant number (at least a million) of slaves of that background in the ancient Egyptian Empire, something which I doubt you can do given that even so-called "biblical archaeologists" can't do it.

As you know, neither I nor anybody else in this thread has asserted that aliens built the Pyramids. You'll have to go argue with somebody who actually said that if it's the debate you're looking for.

Well, actually, if you read the first post again . . .

Quote:And various of scientists have said, ‘Well, you know there were alien beings that came down and they have special knowledge and that’s how-
Ben Carson stated scientist made that claim.  I'm sure there is a knucklehead or two out there who may have made that claim, but that certainly isn't the consensus.  Bfine had a thread about scientists claiming octopuses were aliens which of course was nothing more than idiots misunderstanding a quote taken out of context and repeated by conservative media.
(11-06-2015, 02:11 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: And I'm still quite comfortable in saying that aliens, which have at least a small possibility of existing, are more likely to have built the Pyramids than slaves that were "jews, hebrews, isrealites", who had no possibility of existing at the time.

That being said, that's like saying "the Easter Bunny has a better of chance of being real than Santa Claus". We have a pretty solid understanding about the Pyramids, and it doesn't require aliens, nonexistent Jews, the Illuminati or sci-fi robotics to explain.

I haven't read all of your and bfine's back and forth, but one thing here. The Semitic tribes date back to at least 3000 BC, and are believed to be older for some of them. The Memphis pyramids are believed to have started construction around 2600 BC. The groups that are or would become "jews, hebrews, isrealites" could have built the pyramids as they were around.
(11-05-2015, 07:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He was offered an appointment to West Point out of High School

No he wasn't.

That was a lie.
(11-05-2015, 07:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He was offered an appointment to West Point out of High School and graduated from Yale with a Major in psychology; however, we haven't seen other signs of intelligence because he doesn't believe aliens built the pyramids. 

(11-06-2015, 02:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No he wasn't.

That was a lie.

Yep.

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2015/11/06/carson-slams-cnn-for-questions-about-his-youth/

Quote:Ben Carson’s campaign admitted to Politico on Friday that the story of Carson’s application and acceptance into West Point — a key part of the inspirational narrative of Carson’s rise — was fabricated.

Politico cited a West Point spokeswoman who said the military academy had no record of Carson’s application; Carson’s campaign, in response, “conceded the story was false.” Politico noted:

Quote:“The academy has occupied a central place in Carson’s tale for years. According to a story told in Carson’s book, ‘Gifted Hands,’ the then-17 year old was introduced in 1969 to Gen. William Westmoreland, who had just ended his command of U.S. forces in Vietnam, and the two dined together. That meeting, according to Carson’s telling, was followed by a ‘full scholarship’ to the military academy.”

In an email to Politico, Carson campaign manager Barry Bennett said Carson met Westmoreland at a banquet and had a brief conversation about Carson’s ROTC performance. Bennett’s email said Carson was introduced to West Point officials, who told him they could help him get an appointment, but he ultimately decided not to apply.

Earlier Friday, Carson attacked the media over reports that call claims about his youth into question.

“This is a bunch of lies, that is what it is,” Carson said on CNN’s New Day. “This is a bunch of lies attempting to say I’m lying about my history, I think it’s pathetic, and basically what the media does is they try to get you distracted.”

CNN reported this week that nine friends, classmates and neighbors who grew up with the retired neurosurgeon say they have no recollection of violent incidents that Carson has claimed, including fights and an attempted stabbing.

Carson, who is at or near the top of some Republican polls, has often said that the healing power of his Christian faith saved him from a life of violence.
In responding to the story — and attacking the media — Carson has acknowledged that he made up the names of some childhood acquaintances in discussing his violent youth in a book.

“I don’t like to generally bring them in, the names I used for instance are fictitious names because I don’t want to bring people into something like this because I know what you guys do to their lives‎,” Carson told reporters in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

Protesting the coverage in an interview on Fox News on Thursday, Carson said: “I would say to the people of America, do you think I’m a pathological liar like CNN does? Or do you think I’m an honest person? And I’m going to leave that up to the American people to make that decision.”

In his CNN interview Friday, Carson accused the media of selective scrutiny.

“The vetting that you all did with President Obama doesn’t even come close, doesn’t even come close to what you guys are trying to do in my case,” Carson said. “And you’re just going to keep going back, ‘He said this 12 years ago’ — it is just garbage. Give me a break.”

Reports CNN:
Quote:“On ‘New Day,’ Carson did not explain what aspects of the story he feels are incorrect. …
“Carson has had a shifting explanation of why the stories cannot be corroborated since CNN published its findings on Thursday morning.
“At first, he said CNN spoke only with people who knew him after his temper changed, but when he was informed that some of the interviewees knew him going back to elementary school and his early childhood, he said the incidents were private and that’s why others weren’t aware of them. He then returned to the earlier line Friday on CNN.”

Probably get a huge surge in the polls now!   LOL
(11-06-2015, 02:22 PM)Benton Wrote: I haven't read all of your and bfine's back and forth, but one thing here. The Semitic tribes date back to at least 3000 BC, and are believed to be older for some of them. The Memphis pyramids are believed to have started construction around 2600 BC. The groups that are or would become "jews, hebrews, isrealites" could have built the pyramids as they were around.

Well, there were Habiru tribes at the time, but they were a very general, widespread group, not to be confused with the biblical Hebrews; in fact most modern scholars do not link the Habiru to the Hebrews at all.

Levantine mercenaries who shared no ethnicity or religion and predate the kingdom of Judah are not Jews, nor Israelites, nor even Hebrews yet. And even if one wanted to presume (and it is a big presumption) that those are the same peoples who eventually became the Hebrew Jews and therefore they "count", we are talking about an absolutely minute group of them becoming indentured servants in Egypt; nowhere near the million-plus required for anything like the classical Exodus account to be true.
(11-06-2015, 02:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yep.

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2015/11/06/carson-slams-cnn-for-questions-about-his-youth/

Probably get a huge surge in the polls now!   LOL

So basically, if he gets caught blatantly lying, it's the media's fault for not letting  him get away with it.

Predictably predictable.
(11-06-2015, 02:51 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: So basically, if he gets caught blatantly lying, it's the media's fault for not letting  him get away with it.

Predictably predictable.

According to some people that is the way "smart" people think.