Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses
(08-15-2015, 07:44 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Not empty.  God and Angels.  But man was not in heaven until Jesus died.  

There was a 4000 year old queue?  Ain't that a *****!  If I was Abraham I would be pissed!
(08-15-2015, 08:08 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: There was a 4000 year old queue?  Ain't that a *****!  If I was Abraham I would be pissed!

Imagine how pissed you'd be if you were left behind.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-15-2015, 08:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Imagine how pissed you'd be if you were left behind.

I'd be really pissed if I almost killed my son because my god was testing me even though he knew the outcome of the test before I was born and it turned out to be nothing more than a hoax from Punked.
(08-15-2015, 08:20 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I'd be really pissed if I almost killed my son because my god was testing me even though he knew the outcome of the test before I was born and it turned out to be nothing more than a hoax from Punked.

I'll bet you would. This is because you live and reason in modern day society; as illustrated with your "Punked" reference. Who knows how you would have felt 6,000 years ago; perhaps blessed. Who knows how people will try to put themselves in our situations 6000 years in the future.

(08-15-2015, 08:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll bet you would. This is because you live and reason in modern day society; as illustrated with your "Punked" reference. Who knows how you would have felt 6,000 years ago; perhaps blessed. Who knows how people will try to put themselves in our situations 6000 years in the future.

Or if it was just a fable to teach a point about fearing the imaginary man and doing what "he" tells you so good things will happen to you.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-15-2015, 08:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: Or if it was just a fable to teach a point about fearing the imaginary man and doing what "he" tells you so good things will happen to you.

That's PREPOSTEROUS!

Ninja
(08-15-2015, 08:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: Or if it was just a fable to teach a point about fearing the imaginary man and doing what "he" tells you so good things will happen to you.

I wonder what going on today folks will consider fables in 6,000?

(08-15-2015, 08:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder what going on today folks will consider fables in 6,000?

That a large segment of a society wanted to run a country based on the imaginary friend who co-wrote a book with a bunch of sheep-herders?
(08-15-2015, 08:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder what going on today folks will consider fables in 6,000?

I bet people find it hard to believe anyone ever believed the Bible. ThumbsUp
(08-15-2015, 08:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll bet you would. This is because you live and reason in modern day society; as illustrated with your "Punked" reference. Who knows how you would have felt 6,000 years ago; perhaps blessed. Who knows how people will try to put themselves in our situations 6000 years in the future.

I live and reason in a modern society as opposed to superstitious Iron Age goat herders suffering psychotic auditory and visual hallucinations due to mental illness who hail form a region of the world which you currently believe is filled with religious fruit cakes and from a time in history which makes The Dark Ages seem like Tomorrowland at Disney?
(08-15-2015, 08:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: That a large segment of a society wanted to run a country based on the imaginary friend who co-wrote a book with a bunch of sheep-herders?

Or that people actually thought it was a good idea to kill children before birth.
(08-15-2015, 08:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Or that people actually thought it was a good idea to kill children before birth.

Or that the same people who believe a book that talks about smashing babies over rocks for God were the ones whining about abortions.
(08-15-2015, 08:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Or that people actually thought it was a good idea to kill children before birth.

Yep.  That might change when we can take a fetus and have it survive outside a woman at earlier that 22 weeks.

No argument there.

Your point?
(08-15-2015, 04:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Some argue that life begins at conception. How can life "begin" when the cells needed for conception are already alive?

I'd guess because those cells by themselves do not create life. 

1. Who said abortion was a good idea?

2. By definition, children do not occupy the inside of a uterus before birth.
(08-15-2015, 08:44 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I live and reason in a modern society as opposed to superstitious Iron Age goat herders suffering psychotic auditory and visual hallucinations due to mental illness who hail form a region of the world which you currently believe is filled with religious fruit cakes and from a time in history which makes The Dark Ages seem like Tomorrowland at Disney?

Was that a question?

(08-15-2015, 09:09 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I'd guess because those cells by themselves do not create life. 

You can't create life without those living cells. If either of those two cells aren't alive then conception doesn't occur.

You are a man. You are alive. By yourself, you can't create another human. Does that mean you're not alive?  No, it does not.
(08-15-2015, 09:36 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You can't create life without those living cells. If either of those two cells aren't alive then conception doesn't occur.

You are a man. You are alive. By yourself, you can't create another human. Does that mean you're not alive?  No, it does not.

We're not talking about "me" though, we're talking about sperm and eggs, correct?
(08-15-2015, 05:42 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And god couldn't fulfill the law any other way than by sending himself on a suicide mission?

Do you ignore Genesis because it is one of the first 5 books you ignore?

I don't ignore any books.  I'm saying the law that God gave Moses and the Israelites in Genesis and is outlined throughout the rest of the first five books was fulfilled by Jesus.  
(08-15-2015, 09:44 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't ignore any books.  I'm saying the law that God gave Moses and the Israelites in Genesis and is outlined throughout the rest of the first five books was fulfilled by Jesus.  

Which, again, means you believe that at one time, putting a woman to death for failing to scream when being raped was fine. Which you're free to believe, but don't be shocked when most people in the 21st century find your morals warped at best.