Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pence says Raddatz mischaracterized his views by quoting him nearly verbatim
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/mike-pence-syria-stance-martha-raddatz-229535?cmpid=sf

Pence:

provocations by Russia need to be met with American strength. And if Russia chooses to be involved and continue, I should say, to be involved in this barbaric attack on civilians in Aleppo, the United States of America should be prepared to use military force to strike military targets of the Assad regime.

Raddatz:

"He said provocations by Russia need to be met with American strength and that if Russia continues to be involved in air strikes along with the Syrian government forces of Assad, the United States of America should be prepared to use military force to strike the military targets of the Assad regime."

Raddatz reworded his "barbaric attack on Civilians of Aleppo" to "air strikes with the Syrian government forces of Assad" since those barbaric attacks on Civilians of Aleppo are airstrikes.

[Image: thats-nonsense-gl4ppi.jpg]

Pence said “Well, I think Martha Raddatz just mischaracterized the statement that I made in my debate a week ago. I was asked a question about Aleppo,” Pence said. “The question that was asked by [moderator Elaine Quijano] in our debate had to do with the humanitarian crisis in Aleppo... Last night, Martha conflated those into a larger question about Russian provocation, Russian aggression"

Let's see what was said last night...

"So this next question comes through social media through Facebook. Diane from Pennsylvania asks, if you were president, what would you do about Syria and the humanitarian crisis in Aleppo? Isn’t it a lot like the Holocaust when the U.S. waited too long before we helped?"

"Mr. Trump, let me repeat the question. If you were president... what would you do about Syria and the humanitarian crisis in Aleppo? "

[Image: thats-nonsense-gl4ppi.jpg]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
In this era you cannot use the "I didn't say that" excuse and get away with it because everything you say and do is monitored so much when you are in the public eye. Unless your supporters are just that naive.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-10-2016, 03:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: In this era you cannot use the "I didn't say that" excuse and get away with it because everything you say and do is monitored so much when you are in the public eye. Unless your supporters are just that naive.

Have you met the Trump "base"?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
We're supposed to believe it's all puppy toes and rainbows between Trump and Pence apparently. Anyone who cares to pay attention knows they just contradicted each other.
(10-10-2016, 03:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: In this era you cannot use the "I didn't say that" excuse and get away with it because everything you say and do is monitored so much when you are in the public eye. Unless your supporters are just that naive.

Like how Trump never said to permanently ban all Muslims from entering the US? That's the type of shit you're talking about right?

(10-10-2016, 03:57 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: We're supposed to believe it's all puppy toes and rainbows between Trump and Pence apparently. Anyone who cares to pay attention knows they just contradicted each other.

So people aren't allowed to have different views? I think it's a good thing to have someone that doesn't always share the same view, more view points on matters.
Hey, at least he knew what Allepo was.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-10-2016, 08:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: So people aren't allowed to have different views? I think it's a good thing to have someone that doesn't always share the same view, more view points on matters.

That's cool. Biden and Obama don't see eye to eye.

The issue is trying to accuse someone of mischaracterizing what you said (even though they quoted you nearly verbatim) and lying that they were being asked a different question (even though we have it on video that they were being asked about the same thing). If there's nothing wrong with having different views, Pence would have just said, "Yea, we disagree on this one" instead of lying. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-10-2016, 08:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Like how Trump never said to permanently ban all Muslims from entering the US? That's the type of shit you're talking about right?

So people aren't allowed to have different views? I think it's a good thing to have someone that doesn't always share the same view, more view points on matters.

Basically what Bmorepat said
(10-10-2016, 08:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Like how Trump never said to permanently ban all Muslims from entering the US? That's the type of shit you're talking about right?

This response makes no sense. I get what you're saying, and you're in the ball park, but I'd call this one a pop fly.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR