Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Carson's MOTHER contradicted claim he attacked her with a hammer
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3312824/Ben-Carson-s-MOTHER-Sonya-Carson-contradicted-claim-attacker-hammer-said-actually-way-round.html

Quote:Republican candidate is focus of increasing attention over veracity of his account of violent temper in childhood and early teenage years

One of his best-known anecdotes has been a claim that he attacked his mother with a hammer

But 1988 interview with Sonya Carson shows that she remembered it very differently - and said she was the one with the hammer

Carson last week called his account of attacking his mother '100 per cent true' and has claimed the media are unfairly targeting him

For more news on Ben Carson visit http://www.dailymail.co.uk/gopprimary

Why do you think he just makes stuff up? Especially something that is not positive? Is it possible he does to make his religious conversion seem all that more miraculous?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-12-2015, 08:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3312824/Ben-Carson-s-MOTHER-Sonya-Carson-contradicted-claim-attacker-hammer-said-actually-way-round.html

Why do you think he just makes stuff up?  Especially something that is not positive?  Is it possible he does to make his religious conversion seem all that more miraculous?

More importantly: Why do people try to prove it wrong?

Ben: "I stabbed someone and attacked my mother with a hammer as a child" 

Lib: "No you didn't"

What next: The conservatives going to prove Hillary had absolutely no responsibility for Bengazi?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-12-2015, 01:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What next: The conservatives going to prove Hillary had absolutely no responsibility for Bengazi?

Conservatives already did that, when they spent millions on numerous investigations that all came up empty.
He probably has a mental illness
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-12-2015, 01:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: More importantly: Why do people try to prove it wrong?

Ben: "I stabbed someone and attacked my mother with a hammer as a child" 

Lib: "No you didn't"

What next: The conservatives going to prove Hillary had absolutely no responsibility for Bengazi?

Serious answer:  It goes to how a man who rose from a poor background rose up to great heights and yet still felt like he to "embellish" his past to make it even better and how that kind of thing shows some real problems in his personality.

Non-serious answer: Lamestream media and gotcha questions. Smirk
I heard he raped Bill Cosby.

Of course Cosby denies it.
Well, you have to remember all biographies contain a degree of hyperbole and exagerration. Not to defend this, but it could have been a choice of his editors.

Also, I could see a guy not wanting to print or say that his mother threatened him with a hammer. In terms of the context the story provides, it really doesn't matter if he was the one holding the hammer.
https://www.yahoo.com/katiecouric/ben-carson-to-katie-couric-on-stabbing-syria-and-174038032.html

Ben with some answers.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-13-2015, 04:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/katiecouric/ben-carson-to-katie-couric-on-stabbing-syria-and-174038032.html

Ben with some answers.

Well that was a big help:

Quote:If the media will promise that they will not bother this person or any of the other people, and if they promise that they will be honest, truthful and apply everything to everyone equally from now on, I will reveal the truth.

"I'll tell you the name...but don't ask him any questions."

Quote:I guess someone needs to tell him what ‘pathological’ actually means. Because it doesn’t mean that it can’t be cured.

"Just because I'm pathological doesn't mean I can't stop lying."

Quote:I’m just gonna say that, you know, he’s been my closest, if not my closest friend in the world. I know his heart. He’s a person who is extraordinarily honest

"It doesn't matter what he was convicted or accused of.  I think he's honest because he's my BFF."

Quote:“When you look at the field of people — I don’t know of anybody who has a great deal of foreign policy experience who’s running for president right now
Well...there's one.   Smirk

Cool
(11-13-2015, 04:02 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Well, you have to remember all biographies contain a degree of hyperbole and exagerration.  Not to defend this, but it could have been a choice of his editors.

Also, I could see a guy not wanting to print or say that his mother threatened him with a hammer.  In terms of the context the story provides, it really doesn't matter if he was the one holding the hammer.

Again, its a useless story except to make his turn around that much bigger.  Something *I* don't think was necessary for his story.  He had to at least share it for the editors to include it or alter it in some way.
(11-13-2015, 04:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again, its a useless story except to make his turn around that much bigger.  Something *I* don't think was necessary for his story.  He had to at least share it for the editors to include it or alter it in some way.

Like I said, he may not have wanted to put the hammer in his mother's hands.  This is a distinction without a difference - a story like that about your mother, regardless of who is holding the hammer, is illustrative and makes the point.

The whole thing is more humorous than concerning to me - spicing up a book probably hardly anyone read or cared about until he runs for POTUS.  But I still consider him much more honest, sincere and trustworthy than either Trump or Clinton.