Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Cleveland
Kid looks like a stud..right guard Georgia has a first round grade 6-3 335lb would love to see him in stripes next year..
Reply/Quote
Leatherwood (Bama LT) looks good too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Offensive lineman looking good in this one.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 09:55 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Kid looks like a stud..right guard Georgia has a first round grade 6-3 335lb would love to see him in stripes next year..

He's definitely wearing his big boy pants tonight.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I love it when I see the RG's punch block knock a DT back a yard.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
All 3 of the Georgia interior line are playing great. Justin Shaffer, Trey Hill, and Ben Cleveland.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 10:26 PM)Synric Wrote: All 3 of the Georgia interior line are playing great. Justin Shaffer, Trey Hill, and Ben Cleveland.

It would be nice to see an interior lineman taken early this year.  However, knowing the Bengals model of practice, it would likely end up the same as when they selected Steinbach and Zeitler.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 10:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It would be nice to see an interior lineman taken early this year.  However, knowing the Bengals model of practice, it would likely end up the same as when they selected Steinbach and Zeitler.

Extending Zeitler at that price would have been a huge mistake. 

I didn't like the idea of it then and even with the benefit of hindsight I wouldn't like it now. Of course I wish the Bengals had actually spent some proper money on a different interior lineman instead rather than just roll with Jordan/Price/XSF/Miller/Redmond, but Zeitler was a good player who was made the highest paid guard in the NFL. 

It's not a recipe for success to pay merely good players as if they're HoFers.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Since we have a random college player thread in JN...

WVU NT/3T Darius Stills laying out for a big man INT. We only had like 15k people in the stands today but I swear when this happened it sounded like a full house.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 11:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Extending Zeitler at that price would have been a huge mistake. 

I didn't like the idea of it then and even with the benefit of hindsight I wouldn't like it now. Of course I wish the Bengals had actually spent some proper money on a different interior lineman instead rather than just roll with Jordan/Price/XSF/Miller/Redmond, but Zeitler was a good player who was made the highest paid guard in the NFL. 

It's not a recipe for success to pay merely good players as if they're HoFers.

The point of my post wasn't to dissect the Bengals cap strategy at the time of allowing Zeitler to walk, but more to point out that the last two times that they went big on OG in the draft, they chose well and allowed each of them to leave in free agency, thus leaving gaping holes in their absence each time.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 11:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The point of my post wasn't to dissect the Bengals cap strategy at the time of allowing Zeitler to walk, but more to point out that the last two times that they went big on OG in the draft, they chose well and allowed each of them to leave in free agency, thus leaving gaping holes in their absence each time.

Fair. The unfilled holes are really the worst part.

I said in another thread that I think the Bengals just need to approach OL like the Reds are now approaching starting pitchers. Recognize that you can't draft and develop them for shit, so just go out and acquire them from other teams via FA or trade.

Trade 1 2nd rounder now or spend $ in FA now for a quality OL... or spend 3 1sts and a 2nd over a 5 year span to get 1 mediocre starter and 3 horrible busts that outright ruin seasons by playing.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
We need to address the offensive line once and for all this offseason-jonah and trey would keep the spots they hold and the other 3 would get fixed through either high draft choices or free agency..
Reply/Quote
Ben Cleveland is having a monster game man I'm impressed ?..
Reply/Quote
Penei Sewell... know the name

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 12:01 AM)Okeana Wrote: Penei Sewell... know the name

Penei just might be the number one overall pick,we would have to move Jonah to rt if we somehow get the chance to take him..
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 12:06 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Penei just might be the number one overall pick,we would have to move Jonah to rt if we somehow get the chance to take him..

5 TDs and 400 yards at halftime says no. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 12:06 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Penei just might be the number one overall pick,we would have to move Jonah to rt if we somehow get the chance to take him..

LOL LOL LOL

Watch college football for 3 years straight (at least), gain some knowledge about the sport and the prospects, THEN come talk.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 12:26 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: LOL LOL LOL

Watch college football for 3 years straight (at least), gain some knowledge about the sport and the prospects, THEN come talk.

I’m just glad he didn’t break Russell Wilson’s record for most consecutive passes without an INT... Tongue

Reply/Quote

You can move Jonah where ever you want. Sewell is the truth

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Would love Sewell but Leatherwood would be a nice nice pick as well and has a history at rt. Cleveland in 2 would just be a hell of a first 2 rounds.
Reply/Quote