Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Cleveland
(10-17-2020, 10:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's definitely wearing his big boy pants tonight.

If I hear "big boy pants", and do not share this scene, then I feel like I'm doing disservice to the board...

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 12:01 AM)Okeana Wrote: Penei Sewell... know the name

Bengals will have to be picking at the very least top 3 to get Penei Sewell. I suggest people should start looking at other offensive line prospects instead of one that will likely be out of reach.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 11:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Fair. The unfilled holes are really the worst part.

I said in another thread that I think the Bengals just need to approach OL like the Reds are now approaching starting pitchers. Recognize that you can't draft and develop them for shit, so just go out and acquire them from other teams via FA or trade.

Trade 1 2nd rounder now or spend $ in FA now for a quality OL... or spend 3 1sts and a 2nd over a 5 year span to get 1 mediocre starter and 3 horrible busts that outright ruin seasons by playing.

Here's the breakdown of the highest-paid guys at each position this year on the Bengals OL:
Bobby Hart - $6.85 mill 
Trey Hopkins - $5.575 mill
Jonah Williams - $4 mill
Billy Price - $3.2 mill
Xavier Su'a-Filo - $2.27 mill

Every single OL is being paid outside the Top 10 at their position.

19 LTs make $10+ mill a year.
5 RTs make $10+ mill a year.
14 guards (includes both LG and RG) make $10+ mill a year.
9 centers make $10+ mill a year.

The Bengals can (and should) be able to pay 1-2 OL top-dollar to bolster this unit. 
Given Williams has another 3 years before he hits FA, the Bengals would have a window to pay two guards good money to come in and really turn this OL into a good unit.
If they just wanted to go with 1 in FA, they could draft a guard in Rd 1 to get the OL right.
Personally, I'd look to bring in Thuney (assuming he isn't tagged or re-signed) and draft Alex Leatherwood.
Thuney solidifies the LG spot. Leatherwood has a lot of versatility, as he has been a good RG for Alabama but also a good OT. The Bengals could either go with XSF at RG and Leatherwood at RT or Leatherwood at RG and Hart at RT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Billy Price making 3.2 million dollars a year is absolutely criminal.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 12:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m just glad he didn’t break Russell Wilson’s record for most consecutive passes without an INT... Tongue

Penei sewell is probably the best left tackle prospect in the last 7 years he could easily be the number one pick I'm not understanding what you're trying to say??
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 12:26 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: LOL LOL LOL

Watch college football for 3 years straight (at least), gain some knowledge about the sport and the prospects, THEN come talk.

I understand the trevor Lawrence number pick guarantee but it's too much that happen between now and then ..if for some reason (injury )trevor dosen't go number 1 then that selection could easily be sewell that's the only point I was making..
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 10:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: Leatherwood (Bama LT) looks good too.

He's got good feet, and knows what to do out in space, in addition to being a great heads up blocker and edge protector.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 03:11 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Penei sewell is probably the best left tackle prospect in the last 7 years he could easily be the number one pick I'm not understanding what you're trying to say??

It was a poke at Trevor Lawrence. People were pointing out (correctly) that he’s unquestionably going #1 if he comes out.

And yes I’d love to get Sewell. Not sure we’ll be picking 2nd or 3rd though.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 10:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It was a poke at Trevor Lawrence. People were pointing out (correctly) that he’s unquestionably going #1 if he comes out.

And yes I’d love to get Sewell. Not sure we’ll be picking 2nd or 3rd though.

I don't see our season getting any better to be fair.  The line isn't progressing and how many sacks can a QB take before they get injured.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote